The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

Rangers appealing the ban on 5 players for breaking covid rules.

SFA have bent over backwards to allow their players to be available for Europe & then just gave them a 4 match ban.

Hope the SFA bump it back up to the standard 7 match ban.

What do they hope to achieve ?.

31 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Gerrard says Patterson shouldn't be banned as he is a special talent.

If the SFA bend over any further it will just confirm the SFA are all H UN's.

HIs quotes are quite incredible. What he is more or less saying is that this is one of the best right backs ever to come out of Scotland, so instead of paying by the rules he should be given special treatment as banning him for 6 weeks will harms Scotland's European championship chances and also our world cup chances. Really think he has lost the plot. 

21 hours ago, mainstand said:

HIs quotes are quite incredible. What he is more or less saying is that this is one of the best right backs ever to come out of Scotland, so instead of paying by the rules he should be given special treatment as banning him for 6 weeks will harms Scotland's European championship chances and also our world cup chances. Really think he has lost the plot. 

He’s doing what he thinks is good for his club and player, rightly or wrongly.

On 4/3/2021 at 12:14 PM, Cagey said:

What do they hope to achieve ?.

According to that font of all knowledge, "The Bear's Den", they want Patterson available until Tavernier is fit again.  To be fair even some of the posters on there think Gerrard has lost it on this one dishing out the ultimate insult "**** behaviour"!

Edited by south inch

11 minutes ago, south inch said:

According to that font of all knowledge, "The Bear's Den", they want Patterson available until Tavernier is fit again.  To be fair even some of the posters on there think Gerrard has lost it on this one dishing out the ultimate insult "**** behaviour"!

I think the SFA have already managed to delay whilst Taverner was unfit.

The MSM do not seem to have noticed or chose to ignore it.

49 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I think the SFA have already managed to delay whilst Taverner was unfit.

The MSM do not seem to have noticed or chose to ignore it.

Quite correct but he is still not fit and seemingly a major doubt for the Celtic cup match.  By appealing the ban Patterson can still play until the hearing.  I think Rangers* are telling the SFA that they are back in charge so please check with us before issuing even token bans to our players.

• 2 weeks later...

East Fife seem to have got a harsh decision today being fined £1,000 with a further £10k suspended for refusing to play Clyde when advised just before KO that a Clyde player had Covid from a Saturday test.  I say "seem" because as usual the Media are a bit short on facts.  Surely it mattered why the Clyde player had been tested on Saturday.  If he had symptoms why was he even at the ground until the result of his test was known?  If he had been tested with the Clyde team why had the results not been fast tracked?

Just seems that officialdom can act very quickly when the OF are not involved and show no sympathy for players who have pregnant partners and/or are worried about their full time jobs.

9 hours ago, south inch said:

East Fife seem to have got a harsh decision today being fined £1,000 with a further £10k suspended for refusing to play Clyde when advised just before KO that a Clyde player had Covid from a Saturday test.  I say "seem" because as usual the Media are a bit short on facts.  Surely it mattered why the Clyde player had been tested on Saturday.  If he had symptoms why was he even at the ground until the result of his test was known?  If he had been tested with the Clyde team why had the results not been fast tracked?

Just seems that officialdom can act very quickly when the OF are not involved and show no sympathy for players who have pregnant partners and/or are worried about their full time jobs.

The crux of this seems to be the JRG's advice on the night that the match could go ahead safely.

The SPFL are even quoted as saying "There has been no recorded case, worldwide, of any on-pitch transmission of Covid-19"

While I have no doubt those figures are correct the SPFL will only have data from a period where it's unlikely positive players would have mixed with teammates and/or been in and around a facility on match day. The situation this week does seem to be different.

But if the advice was clear, even in this case, it does suggest there is now little risk from any adult, outdoor football.

While I believe the JRG were correct and risk was low to non existent, the onus was on them and the SPFL to convince the players involved it was safe. We've all, quite rightly, been under the cloud of covid restrictions for so long it's not difficult to have sympathy for any player feeling nervous being in such close proximity to other players who have likely been in close contact with a positive case.

On 4/30/2021 at 7:33 AM, mike_gain said:

The crux of this seems to be the JRG's advice on the night that the match could go ahead safely.

The SPFL are even quoted as saying "There has been no recorded case, worldwide, of any on-pitch transmission of Covid-19"

While I have no doubt those figures are correct the SPFL will only have data from a period where it's unlikely positive players would have mixed with teammates and/or been in and around a facility on match day. The situation this week does seem to be different.

But if the advice was clear, even in this case, it does suggest there is now little risk from any adult, outdoor football.

While I believe the JRG were correct and risk was low to non existent, the onus was on them and the SPFL to convince the players involved it was safe. We've all, quite rightly, been under the cloud of covid restrictions for so long it's not difficult to have sympathy for any player feeling nervous being in such close proximity to other players who have likely been in close contact with a positive case.

The players that tested positive was not only on the pitch with the rest of the clyde players but also in the dressing room, I recently has a whole 2011 squad isolated after an outdoor hour long training session because one kid tested positive. This was raised with the SFA and Sport Scotland as they followed the advice regarding training bubbles etc. The response its up to test and protect.  

• 1 month later...

I note that Rangers have claimed £3.2 mil interest free SG  loan due to the effects of Covid.

All other premiership clubs have claimed except Celtic.

You can only claim against Covid related losses so I presume that is why Rangers have received more than the average £2 mil per team.

Will we ever see that £3.2 mil back in the government coffers as there is no way this club will avoid administration.