The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

14 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Scottish Government introducing a Covid 19 passport app. ( needed ) for Sporting events with crowds in excess of 10,000.

Won't affect Saints home crowds, thankfully.

What about folk who don't  have access to apps.?

Download and print the bar codes.  If you don’t have a laptop or tablet, go to a library or internet cafe?

3 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Scottish Government introducing a Covid 19 passport app. ( needed ) for Sporting events with crowds in excess of 10,000.

Yer fecked . Wee Jimmy Sturgeon trying to put one over the English again . Embarrassing.

4 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Quite amazing and deeply concerning that nutjob British Nationalists will even use this to tell anti Scottish Government lies and spread coved disinformation.

Forget apps - what you need is a Vaccine Status Certificate. You can request it online, or by phone. You don’t necessarily need access to a computer, smartphone, apps or a printer.

All you need is your id numbers, which were on your vax letter. They are easy to get hold of if you no longer have your letter (see link below). 

Your certificate becomes available instantly. You can:

a) Keep it on your phone and wave that as required. 

b) Print out a paper copy - my wife did this. The whole process from start to finish took her less than 2 minutes.

c) Request a hard copy through the mail. I did this. It said it could take 14 days. I got it the next  day. 

Really, it literally could not be easier, and don’t listen to idiots telling you otherwise. I imagine identical, or very similar systems are in place across the UK and indeed the whole world. 

Here is the link, with all the information. You can request a certificate from it.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

As time goes on, this will get busy, so I’d recommend getting yourself sorted now.

8 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Quite amazing and deeply concerning that nutjob British Nationalists will even use this to tell anti Scottish Government lies and spread coved disinformation.

Forget apps - what you need is a Vaccine Status Certificate. You can request it online, or by phone. You don’t necessarily need access to a computer, smartphone, apps or a printer.

All you need is your id numbers, which were on your vax letter. They are easy to get hold of if you no longer have your letter (see link below). 

b) Print out a paper copy - my wife did this. The whole process from start to finish took her less than 2 minutes.

c) Request a hard copy through the mail. I did this. It said it could take 14 days. I got it the next  day. 

Really, it literally could not be easier, and don’t listen to idiots telling you otherwise. I imagine identical, or very similar systems are in place across the UK and indeed the whole world. 

Here is the link, with all the information. You can request a certificate from it.

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

As time goes on, this will get busy, so I’d recommend getting yourself sorted now.

All easy enough unless you're in my position and had one dose in Scotland and one dose outside Scotland - then the whole system becomes a complete mess. :cry:

I do think it makes sense for everyone to get these certificates ASAP though. They're increasingly going to be needed and you don't want to be in the position of suddenly needing one and not having bothered.

I've had both jabs outwith the UK, so long as it's manufactured by a UK approved provider there's not an issue. 

All the systems, nhs, boarder agencies, UK gov etc all are liked so as soon as you enter your certificate numbers it's shared.

Downloading your certificate is the way to go and carrying a paper copy for those without smartphones is no different to carrying your wallet, driving license or bank card. 

For those who complain about the covid passports being a breach of civil liberties etc because they can't get into a pub, restaurant, cafe, cinemas etc, if it's a licensed premises, the landlord have the right to request ID anyway, no different to asking for a covid certificate, police ask driver's for driving licenses, again, no difference. 

The only thing holding back someone getting into crowded places/events now or in the future breaching their civil liberties would be that person themself.

18 minutes ago, Auldallianez said:

I've had both jabs outwith the UK, so long as it's manufactured by a UK approved provider there's not an issue. 

All the systems, nhs, boarder agencies, UK gov etc all are liked so as soon as you enter your certificate numbers it's shared.

Downloading your certificate is the way to go and carrying a paper copy for those without smartphones is no different to carrying your wallet, driving license or bank card. 

For those who complain about the covid passports being a breach of civil liberties etc because they can't get into a pub, restaurant, cafe, cinemas etc, if it's a licensed premises, the landlord have the right to request ID anyway, no different to asking for a covid certificate, police ask driver's for driving licenses, again, no difference. 

The only thing holding back someone getting into crowded places/events now or in the future breaching their civil liberties would be that person themself.

There is actually an issue just now if you’ve had 1 jab in Scotland and one in England / Wales. The 2 systems aren’t linked!! 

16 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

There is actually an issue just now if you’ve had 1 jab in Scotland and one in England / Wales. The 2 systems aren’t linked!! 

This has had some publicity, and they are working on fix, whatever that means. I think it’s IT Speak for “oh goody, lots of overtime”. The passport system doesn’t start until October 1st, so there is a bit of time.

Bear in mind this is an admin system run by the NHS. It can only incorporate decisions once they are made by politicians, who really should have sorted some of the marginal issues before now (eg, what is a nightclub).

But the fact remains, for the vast majority of people, accessing a passport/certificate/QR Code (it would end some of the confusion if they settled on one term) is extremely straightforward.

2 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

This has had some publicity, and they are working on fix, whatever that means. I think it’s IT Speak for “oh goody, lots of overtime”. The passport system doesn’t start until October 1st, so there is a bit of time.

Bear in mind this is an admin system run by the NHS. It can only incorporate decisions once they are made by politicians, who really should have sorted some of the marginal issues before now (eg, what is a nightclub).

But the fact remains, for the vast majority of people, accessing a passport/certificate/QR Code (it would end some of the confusion if they settled on one term) is extremely straightforward.

1st Oct not far away. Is it not the case that SG have employed a company at £60 grand or something to create an AP but they haven't been given a spec.

If NHS England already have an AP would it not make sense to make it nationwide & make it universal & simpler for everyone moving within UK.

16 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Oh you’re right. 

I was down in France for 6 weeks this summer, and a similar but stricter system came into play while I was there. 

There was a bit of protest as well, but in practice, it’s just a 2 second glance at your phone on the way into a restaurant or bar. 

Muggins here had to carry around my A4 certificate due to us not having an e-system in place! 

They also allowed you into venues if you’d passed a PCR test within the past 48 hours and weren’t vaccinated. 

Edited by Pat McGroin

13 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Now the proud owner of a paper copy.  Could not beat your wife's time 'cos I had to go to the kitchen calendar to get a vax date bit still managed 4 mins!

21 minutes ago, Cagey said:

1st Oct not far away. Is it not the case that SG have employed a company at £60 grand or something to create an AP but they haven't been given a spec.

If NHS England already have an AP would it not make sense to make it nationwide & make it universal & simpler for everyone moving within UK.

Once again, no app is involved. The system is already in place. See my earlier post and click on the link.

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Blimey. I’ve just checked the link again, and data exchange with England is now sorted. Order your certificate in the normal way and it will include the vax received in England. Still working on Wales and Norn Irn.

1 hour ago, Auldallianez said:

I've exchanged numerous phone calls and emails with NHS and NHS Scotland over the last few months which have said otherwise. The two services have no access to each other's records, and as a result I'm having to make do with two separate Covid certificates - one from Scotland and one from England. This has been an issue for quite a lot of people.

17 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Blimey. I’ve just checked the link again, and data exchange with England is now sorted. Order your certificate in the normal way and it will include the vax received in England. Still working on Wales and Norn Irn.

Not sure where you're seeing that but I just logged in and checked my status, and my Scottish certificate still contains no mention of the dose I had in England.

8 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Not sure where you're seeing that but I just logged in and checked my status, and my Scottish certificate still contains no mention of the dose I had in England.

Towards the bottom of the link provided above:

If you've received your first, second or both vaccine doses in England, you can get your coronavirus vaccination status via the normal process by:

• downloading a PDF online
  • phoning the COVID Vaccination Status Helpline

This is because we have a data exchange in place with England.

If your data is not showing, check another time as these files update regularly. If this is not resolved phone the COVID-19 Vaccination Status Helpline.

Debatable whether or not this action is necessary or helpful, but the sight of a government minister Googling a definition of a ‘night’club’ during a such an important parliamentary debate, at such a crucial time for businesses hanging by a thread is a new low for Holyrood, and that is up against some stiff competition of late. Considering the hammering hospitality etc has taken over the Covid period it was a quite despicable to see our parliament treated with such utter contempt.  The ‘Minister’ responsible could not even outline the basic principles of the action, she should be sacked (again!)

19 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Thanks , I will let my mate know.

3 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Thanks , I will let my mate know.

This is yet another load of shit by idiots at hollyrood. You can only get a COVID password if you got a letter from NHS showing your registration number. Those of us who only got text messages asking if we could get into practice the next day do Not have any letter/registration number. Typical shit show from mr & mrs in charge of Scotland 

8 minutes ago, Balhousie Blue 1884 said:

This is yet another load of shit by idiots at hollyrood. You can only get a COVID password if you got a letter from NHS showing your registration number. Those of us who only got text messages asking if we could get into practice the next day do Not have any letter/registration number. Typical shit show from mr & mrs in charge of Scotland 

I didn’t have either,but got one by putting in date of injection,and it went very smoothly 

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I've exchanged numerous phone calls and emails with NHS and NHS Scotland over the last few months which have said otherwise. The two services have no access to each other's records, and as a result I'm having to make do with two separate Covid certificates - one from Scotland and one from England. This has been an issue for quite a lot of people.

Sorry but there is a link between them all. 

Once you create a UK Gov account and complete a passenger locator form and send it, everyone gets it, flight, ferry, train companies. 

As you pass through boarders the check-in staff have it, the customs officer's have it, both U.K. and the county you're leaving, having said nothing to the UK boarder force officer he asked ^are you traveling straight up to Perth?^ 

On arriving here i had an email from scotgov regards the required day 2 test and got a confirmation from nhs, scotgov and UK Gov once it was completed, so they are all linked.