The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

Reading through the various links was interesting.

It would appear that the phone call method is the one for me, as I received a phone call for my 1st Vax. and when attending,  was given a small booklet showing my next appointment, plus an explanatory leaflet.

Neither have any unique code.

For easy reference the phone number is 0808 196 8565 lines open every day 10.00am to 6pm.

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Reading through the various links was interesting.

It would appear that the phone call method is the one for me, as I received a phone call for my 1st Vax. and when attending,  was given a small booklet showing my next appointment, plus an explanatory leaflet.

Neither have any unique code.

For easy reference the phone number is 0808 196 8565 lines open every day 10.00am to 6pm.

No, you don’t get a unique code when you get your jags. I didn’t even take my paperwork with me. I went on to the NHS Scotland website and created an account with my details and address, and they had my vaccine info on file. 

2 hours ago, Balhousie Blue 1884 said:

This is yet another load of shit by idiots at hollyrood. You can only get a COVID password if you got a letter from NHS showing your registration number. Those of us who only got text messages asking if we could get into practice the next day do Not have any letter/registration number. Typical shit show from mr & mrs in charge of Scotland 

Many thanks for your balanced feedback.

There is a link within the link provided for precisely the situation you are in. Astonishingly, the NHS thought of this - I know, wild, hey? Towards the bottom. Depending on your typing speed, it should take you between one and one and a half minutes to get your Reg numbers. About the same amount of time it took you to type your valuable contribution.

1 hour ago, GeoKirrin said:

Or be a friend and help that friend to print out what they may need.  I realise many don’t have tablets or smartphones or laptops, but most surely know someone else who does have one?

You can request a hard copy certificate by phone. No one has to go anywhere near a computer or printer if they don’t want to or can’t. 

On 9/10/2021 at 7:37 PM, Auldallianez said:

Sorry but there is a link between them all. 

Once you create a UK Gov account and complete a passenger locator form and send it, everyone gets it, flight, ferry, train companies. 

As you pass through boarders the check-in staff have it, the customs officer's have it, both U.K. and the county you're leaving, having said nothing to the UK boarder force officer he asked ^are you traveling straight up to Perth?^ 

On arriving here i had an email from scotgov regards the required day 2 test and got a confirmation from nhs, scotgov and UK Gov once it was completed, so they are all linked. 

You seem to be describing a different situation from the one I'm in. I had one jab in England and one in Scotland - there was no passenger locator form, passing through borders, check-in staff, customs officers or border force involved in that. I've been informed by numerous members of NHS staff in both England and Scotland that there's no system in place for accessing each other's information and as a result I'm having to make do with carrying two Covid certificates - one from England showing one dose, and one from Scotland showing one dose (I appreciate this may have changed over the last few days as Abernethy Saint suggests, but so far I'm not seeing any change filtering through when I log in).

After a complete mix up somewhere on the system I never received any letters or notifications of getting my jags, so took it on myself to contact the vaccine line. I had to use the drop in for both mine as no appointments were given to me. I have tried the mentioned links for my vaccine pass filling in all relevant info including my nhs patient number (found on recent prescription l) and low and behold there's no record of me receiving any jags on their system 

1 hour ago, chips said:

After a complete mix up somewhere on the system I never received any letters or notifications of getting my jags, so took it on myself to contact the vaccine line. I had to use the drop in for both mine as no appointments were given to me. I have tried the mentioned links for my vaccine pass filling in all relevant info including my nhs patient number (found on recent prescription l) and low and behold there's no record of me receiving any jags on their system 

That’s not good. There’s a helpline number given.

4 hours ago, chips said:

I had similar issues, no letters, even when 1st drop in they couldn't find me but turned out they had the wrong address.

So when the passport thing came out I was straight on it thinking it would be an issue but this bit was fairly straightforward.

I didn't have the user name from the letter but was able to get it from the links. It isnt your NHS patient number. mine was 1st name.1st two letters of surname then 4 numbers (eg aaaaa.bb1111)

You do need to know what postcode they have for you & when you got vaccinated.

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I notice 2 Hibs tested positive in lateral flow test at 10 am on Saturday morning.

Why a test so soon before game ?. Didn't think you were allowed to postpone s game with only  2 payers out with covid.

Must have cost County a few Bob.

Yeh, that surprised me. I assume at that point they were still establishing contacts and played it safe - in theory, many more might have been infected. I think the league are much more relaxed about all this now, with a full season to fit in rescheduled games. Last year, that game could well have been forfeited.

58 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I notice 2 Hibs tested positive in lateral flow test at 10 am on Saturday morning.

Why a test so soon before game ?. Didn't think you were allowed to postpone s game with only  2 payers out with covid.

It was two positive plus several close contacts,County talking about compensation too

If Hibs didn’t do anything wrong, can’t see compensation being required. This is going to happen a lot - bit daft if clubs spend half their time writing each other cheques.

I know in England, they’ve found that professional football players as a group have a much higher rate of vaccine refusal than the population at large. Despite them probably having a lot more physical contact/proximity than most folk. Dunno if this is also true in Scotland.

I’d have a no jag - no play policy in a heart beat (with appropriate exemptions - won’t be many in a group of fit young players).  

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I believe the team went up on Friday in two coaches. These positives in one coach and others in that coach had to self isolate. Pretty sure I read that somewhere yesterday.

1 hour ago, dunblanemike said:

I believe the team went up on Friday in two coaches. These positives in one coach and others in that coach had to self isolate. Pretty sure I read that somewhere yesterday.

I heard that too.  Also, the Daily Record claims Hibs had 2 positive tests earlier in the week - one Monday, one Wednesday.  That begs the question did Hibs run a further set of tests before the team left on the Friday?  If they did and all tests were negative then fair enough.  If they didn't then why not?  With a background of earlier positives testing on the Saturday seems a bit late and I can see why RC might put in a compensation claim.

7 minutes ago, south inch said:

I heard that too.  Also, the Daily Record claims Hibs had 2 positive tests earlier in the week - one Monday, one Wednesday.  That begs the question did Hibs run a further set of tests before the team left on the Friday?  If they did and all tests were negative then fair enough.  If they didn't then why not?  With a background of earlier positives testing on the Saturday seems a bit late and I can see why RC might put in a compensation claim.

Gie the points tae Ross , if they had positives during week game should hae been postponed earlier.

Mrs GBRA had a couple of pals up that went back to Perth on the 2.50 from Inverness on Saturday.

Worst rail journey ever, train mobbed with drunken Hibs louts.

Police boarded train at Perth for the journey to Edinburgh.

Crates of cider and bottles if Buckie were order of the day .

Never catch me drunk on a train back from Inverness!

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Mrs GBRA had a couple of pals up that went back to Perth on the 2.50 from Inverness on Saturday.

Worst rail journey ever, train mobbed with drunken Hibs louts.

Police boarded train at Perth for the journey to Edinburgh.

Crates of cider and bottles if Buckie were order of the day .

Never catch me drunk on a train back from Inverness!

Only on the train going, eh!:laugh:

16 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

I’d have a no jag - no play policy in a heart beat (with appropriate exemptions - won’t be many in a group of fit young players).  

I certainly think that in games where fans are having to show vaccine passports to get in, that should apply to everyone entering the stadium - i.e. players, staff etc too.

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I certainly think that in games where fans are having to show vaccine passports to get in, that should apply to everyone entering the stadium - i.e. players, staff etc too.

I offered to show mine at the Livingston game but they said no thanks.  Maybe they misunderstood me!