Linky

The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Papa Jack said:

There was chat on the Sportsound podcast that many/all of the League 1/2 clubs would just shut-down for a year as closed doors football just wasn't viable for them. This might leave just 2 leagues of (say )12 and kick restructuring into the long grass.

It's an interesting one because you would think League 1 and 2 games could actually go ahead with social distancing quite easily....so why couldn't they start back come August time (assuming they are allowed to).

I wonder how many could get into McD and still be socially distant?  

I suspect you would be about 1500 maximum. Believe according to an article I read that Parkhead would see its capacity cut to less than 10k. 

Take it that is on the basis of every say 4th seat and every 2 rows. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I suspect you would be about 1500 maximum. Believe according to an article I read that Parkhead would see its capacity cut to less than 10k. 

Take it that is on the basis of every say 4th seat and every 2 rows. 

I guess it might be a bit more when you factor in the fact that families would be ok to sit together. Not far away from our actual attendances though.

I do appreciate that it won't happen...just bored to be honest!! :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Papa Jack said:

There was chat on the Sportsound podcast that many/all of the League 1/2 clubs would just shut-down for a year as closed doors football just wasn't viable for them. This might leave just 2 leagues of (say )12 and kick restructuring into the long grass.

It's an interesting one because you would think League 1 and 2 games could actually go ahead with social distancing quite easily....so why couldn't they start back come August time (assuming they are allowed to).

I wonder how many could get into McD and still be socially distant?  

Might be just about possible for the fans to social distance at smaller matches, but not for the players, coaches, club staff etc. (And I don't think closed doors football is viable for the top two leagues in Scotland either.)

The League Cup is due to start in mid-July, as is the Europa League - can anyone honestly see those competitions kicking off as planned? Even if the season somehow manages to get underway, what happens if/when there's a second lockdown? Then there's the knock-on effect on next summer's Euros (which even at this point seem ambitious, given the amount of travelling all across the continent that will be involved). I think we're a long, long way from getting back to a normal football season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Remember and wash your hands in accordance with Covid 19 instructions.

At least one tick in the box we have over many other stadiums toilets! Fecking "HOT WATER " for  hand washing.

Also there is some interesting debates and data coming out from around the world, UK and Spain are the only country's that stipulate 2m distance the "WHO" advice is 1m, Also a report that it is very unlikely that you catch the virus in the open space/outside? so maybe in another xx weeks things will change further and outdoors may be more suitable to accept larger clusters of people than say indoors (Shopping centers, stores, theaters etc ).

When you think about it they are talking about starting flights in the near future, ( you can not get a much more enclosed environment than the inside of plane surely), even with the most up to date virus removal filtration units and forced oxygen ! Think I would take my chances at McDiarmid  to be honest, Anyway all hypothetical just now but the big picture is changing every day. 

    

       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Center Half said:

At least one tick in the box we have over many other stadiums toilets! Fecking "HOT WATER " for  hand washing.

Also there is some interesting debates and data coming out from around the world, UK and Spain are the only country's that stipulate 2m distance the "WHO" advice is 1m, Also a report that it is very unlikely that you catch the virus in the open space/outside? so maybe in another xx weeks things will change further and outdoors may be more suitable to accept larger clusters of people than say indoors (Shopping centers, stores, theaters etc ).

When you think about it they are talking about starting flights in the near future, ( you can not get a much more enclosed environment than the inside of plane surely), even with the most up to date virus removal filtration units and forced oxygen ! Think I would take my chances at McDiarmid  to be honest, Anyway all hypothetical just now but the big picture is changing every day. 

    

       

I don't think there has been hot water in East stand since Christmas..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dunblanemike said:

Are they going to test the turnstile operators? Don’t fancy going through that confined space at the best of times

Fuq imagine sitting 100 seats away fae Foghorn gorgon muir 

doesn’t bear thinking about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Remember and wash your hands in accordance with Covid 19 instructions.

Very difficult in most football grounds - even the modern ones tend to have minging toilets, no hot water and no soap. Hopefully that is one thing they'll be forced to change after all this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ian Maxwell on TV last night saying they might use hub grounds. There was an article in Record recently saying McDiarmid might be one ,hosting Saints, Dunfermline,Raith, East Fife, Cowdenbeath.

Not sure if they would play games Friday ,Saturday , Sunday but the pitch would take a battering if it continued into the winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Ian Maxwell on TV last night saying they might use hub grounds. There was an article in Record recently saying McDiarmid might be one ,hosting Saints, Dunfermline,Raith, East Fife, Cowdenbeath.

Not sure if they would play games Friday ,Saturday , Sunday but the pitch would take a battering if it continued into the winter.

Common sense would use stadiums with astro turf pitches for hubs. Airdrie livi Falkirk etc all of which are fair stadiums with Astros. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mainstand said:

Common sense would use stadiums with astro turf pitches for hubs. Airdrie livi Falkirk etc all of which are fair stadiums with Astros. 

Problem with using places like Livingston is that they're not really near anyone else and there isn't any parking or decent amenities around (bar the shopping centre, which won't be happy to have folk parking). Falkirk would work since it's just off the motorway, has a big car park out the front as is an astro pitch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Widge said:

Problem with using places like Livingston is that they're not really near anyone else and there isn't any parking or decent amenities around (bar the shopping centre, which won't be happy to have folk parking). Falkirk would work since it's just off the motorway, has a big car park out the front as is an astro pitch. 

And they now have a mass of charging points covering a quarter of their car park fo fans drivingr electric cars:laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

Dunfermline release 17 players , sign of the times to come.

That's some squad for a championship team. Wonder how many they are left with.

I am sure they will pick up a few decent players before summer window closes.

There will be hundreds of players in the same boat unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Paul Paton is one of them.

Last season's captain as well.

I think there is word of a few of the lower league clubs wanting to mothball next season.

We mind end up with a hybrid one of season with one league of 20 then next season revert to the promotion/relegation of this season.

Or maybe Budge's 14/14/16 depending on how many teams are left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...