Linky

The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Last season's captain as well.

I think there is word of a few of the lower league clubs wanting to mothball next season.

We mind end up with a hybrid one of season with one league of 20 then next season revert to the promotion/relegation of this season.

Or maybe Budge's 14/14/16 depending on how many teams are left.

Budge might get her wish by default if a majority of leagues 1 and 2 go for the mothball option.  Could yet see a 14 team SPL with Hearts and ICT added and a second tier made up of all the rest who want to play.  Problem with that will be the arrangement for season 21/22.  SPL could then go back to 12 teams achieved by relegating 3 teams and promoting one.  Could even see the 4th bottom team in a playoff. 

Mind you that might get the current top 12 to close ranks.  Long way to go before the waters clear but one thing in such an exceptional set of circumstances court action will be a waste of time and money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Abbots Deuglie Saint said:

Anne Budge is the Gordon Brown of Scottish football. Couldn't run a club/country to save their life. 

To be fair she knew how to run an IT company.  Also, I'm told by one or two people who know her that she is a very nice person.

She's a football fan who tried to dig Hearts out of a hole.  Unfortunately, having coughed up the required bawbees, she made one huge mistake and handed the shovel to one Craig Levein!  She is now the latest in a long line of fans who have proved that the way to make a small fortune out of Scottish football is to start with a large one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, south inch said:

To be fair she knew how to run an IT company.  Also, I'm told by one or two people who know her that she is a very nice person.

She's a football fan who tried to dig Hearts out of a hole.  Unfortunately, having coughed up the required bawbees, she made one huge mistake and handed the shovel to one Craig Levein!  She is now the latest in a long line of fans who have proved that the way to make a small fortune out of Scottish football is to start with a large one.

And let’s face it if we found ourselves in same position being relegated when we could have got ourselves out of trouble we would be saying/doing same thing as Hearts, I don’t like Hearts but we do need them in the top league for pure finance reasons plus a day out at Tynie is one of the best away days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bluesaint said:

And let’s face it if we found ourselves in same position being relegated when we could have got ourselves out of trouble we would be saying/doing same thing as Hearts, I don’t like Hearts but we do need them in the top league for pure finance reasons plus a day out at Tynie is one of the best away days. 

Do we need them.for financial reasons? If you are basing premiership teams on financial benefit to saints them we would have Dundee promoted. 

Sorry but maybe being blindfolded by my dislike of hearts but really don't see any benefit in reorganising for a year to save their butt. Let them sink best place for their fans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Do we need them.for financial reasons? If you are basing premiership teams on financial benefit to saints them we would have Dundee promoted. 

Sorry but maybe being blindfolded by my dislike of hearts but really don't see any benefit in reorganising for a year to save their butt. Let them sink best place for their fans. 

Wow MS that's a bit heavy for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mainstand said:

Do we need them.for financial reasons? If you are basing premiership teams on financial benefit to saints them we would have Dundee promoted. 

Sorry but maybe being blindfolded by my dislike of hearts but really don't see any benefit in reorganising for a year to save their butt. Let them sink best place for their fans. 

100% agree feck em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Abbots Deuglie Saint said:

I agree with sixties, like society, the richest should survive and the poorest should just suck it up. Good to know there are similar voices in here.

Naw no having that the reason i said what I did was that hearts were the shite team o the season and deserve to go down, and the rich should be helping the poorer clubs out.

You wont be on the barricades wae me just yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, mainstand said:

Do we need them.for financial reasons? If you are basing premiership teams on financial benefit to saints them we would have Dundee promoted. 

Sorry but maybe being blindfolded by my dislike of hearts but really don't see any benefit in reorganising for a year to save their butt. Let them sink best place for their fans. 

I agree I don’t like them either, I’m merely just saying that had we found ourselves in the same situation and a few months ago that was a real possibility, We would be saying and doing the same things as they are, Financial reasons is purely down to away support revenue although judging by playing with no fans scenario then that wouldn’t really matter, Agreed on dislike of them though. 

Edited by bluesaint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 3:43 PM, bluesaint said:

And let’s face it if we found ourselves in same position being relegated when we could have got ourselves out of trouble we would be saying/doing same thing as Hearts, I don’t like Hearts but we do need them in the top league for pure finance reasons plus a day out at Tynie is one of the best away days. 

We don't need Hearts in the top league, just like we didn't need Rangers. Besides, they'll be replaced by Dundee United who will bring just as many fans to McDiarmid, if not more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

We don't need Hearts in the top league, just like we didn't need Rangers. Besides, they'll be replaced by Dundee United who will bring just as many fans to McDiarmid, if not more.

I'm sure I checked a few weeks ago, and attendances were higher against United the season they got relegated than any game against Hearts this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/24/2020 at 3:43 PM, bluesaint said:

And let’s face it if we found ourselves in same position being relegated when we could have got ourselves out of trouble we would be saying/doing same thing as Hearts, I don’t like Hearts but we do need them in the top league for pure finance reasons plus a day out at Tynie is one of the best away days. 

Clubs should be in the top league on merit, not financial reasons.  And Saints don't need them for financial reasons anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spfl clubs can start training on Jun 11. according to latest news.

Is it possible, that with only home fans being allowed entry at McD (when the season starts- likely to be August)) that there could be social distancing.

Asking for an avid footie mate from Manchester.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Spfl clubs can start training on Jun 11. according to latest news.

Is it possible, that with only home fans being allowed entry at McD (when the season starts- likely to be August)) that there could be social distancing.

Asking for an avid footie mate from Manchester.

Russia allowing stadiums to be filled to 10% capacity.

Issue would surely be getting in and out of the ground more than being in it, but if Saints, just as a rough example, cut their capacity to say 1500, and spread them over 4 stands, youd hope queues wouldnt be too large.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Russia allowing stadiums to be filled to 10% capacity.

Issue would surely be getting in and out of the ground more than being in it, but if Saints, just as a rough example, cut their capacity to say 1500, and spread them over 4 stands, youd hope queues wouldnt be too large.

As long as social distancing was observed outside and inside the ground, especially in the toilet area, with entry in one door and out the other.

Also emergency workers and over 70's with weak bladders allowed in first.:laugh:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Spfl clubs can start training on Jun 11. according to latest news.

Is it possible, that with only home fans being allowed entry at McD (when the season starts- likely to be August)) that there could be social distancing.

Asking for an avid footie mate from Manchester.

You will be ok most people try to avoid you in any case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there is not a spike in the virus after last week's sunbathing weekend & this week's protest weekend where social distancing was largely ignored, can we assume it should be OK to allow crowds at football.

Next 7 to 10 days will be interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cagey said:

If there is not a spike in the virus after last week's sunbathing weekend & this week's protest weekend where social distancing was largely ignored, can we assume it should be OK to allow crowds at football.

Next 7 to 10 days will be interesting.

I know what you are saying but I don't think there is any chance crowds will be at football until the vaccine is ready. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mainstand said:

I know what you are saying but I don't think there is any chance crowds will be at football until the vaccine is ready. 

Think some stadiums will be allowed small, strictly distanced crowds before then. It is possible there will never be a vaccine - in which case, at some point, society in general will have to decide whether to accept some level of risk, or see all sectors dependant on large, physically present, paying crowds almost disappear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The conditions for the return to training are pretty tough & will be a financial hit.

2 covid19 tests a week.

Temperature check before training.

Wash your own kit

Travel individually to training.

Sheer at home after training.

Loads more that I can't remember.

Can't see Saints returning to training before end of June.

Do we still train at Stirling. That is bound to be a large expense when we have two grass training pitches & artificial pitch at McDiarmid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...