Linky

The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

Mr pedantic the tests are being carried out for the NHS, using NHS and private labs. The tests are organised by the NHS as compared to the football club tests which are carried out by either the clubs medical department or a private company. 

I think the private company being used by the teams have a number of other contracts including European golf etc. 

You and random can dress it up aw you want, Serco and there associates have the contracts and it is dressed up as NHS test and trace and nothing to do wae the NHS apart from having to treat patients

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo Kilmarnock potentially may have to forfeit their next 3 games if they (Or players) are found to have breached cov19 protocols. If they can't field a full team the games will not be postponed.Pity they didn't look into this option with Aberdeen a few weeks ago

Edited by chips

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chips said:

Sooo Kilmarnock potentially may have to forfeit their next 3 games if they (Or players) are found to have breached cov19 protocols. If they can't field a full team the games will not be postponed.Pity they didn't look into this option with Aberdeen a few weeks ago

I understand this possibility has come from remarks by Doncaster.  Didn't hear the programme but was he answering a question or was he shooting his mouth off?  If the latter he should be told to keep his mouth zipped until the investigation has been completed and made public.  Does he already know that Killie or one or two of their players have put their size 10s in the dooda?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s getting complicated! My understanding is they will forfeit the league games only if they are found to be at fault, but will forfeit the league cup games whether they were at fault or not, because of greater time constraints. 

Whatever they do to wee teams, will they do the same to the Bigot Brothers? Answers on a postcard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know they will but they can’t go on making the rules up as it goes on. They set the precedent by only fining Celtic and Aberdeen but only suspending the player(s) found guilty. They can’t change that rule now and deduct points in the league but they might to be able to in the cup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

It’s getting complicated! My understanding is they will forfeit the league games only if they are found to be at fault, but will forfeit the league cup games whether they were at fault or not, because of greater time constraints. 

Whatever they do to wee teams, will they do the same to the Bigot Brothers? Answers on a postcard.

Back of a postage stamp will do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mainstand said:

Is Wednesday nights game on? Ferguson did claim that they would have to forfeit if they had to do tests to play Saints and Dundee United. 

Were the premier club not asked to test lower leagues. Do all the lower league players with part time jobs turn up at the likes of McDiarmid for tests & is it not to be two tests a week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Celtics Christie now got it along with a few others in Scotland squad.

Eduard & Christie were not on field too long so hopefully they have not infected Saints players.

Christie doesn’t have it Armstrong does. Christie has been in close contact with him so I don’t think it has any influence on saints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2020 at 2:50 PM, Abernethy Saint said:

It’s getting complicated! My understanding is they will forfeit the league games only if they are found to be at fault, but will forfeit the league cup games whether they were at fault or not, because of greater time constraints. 

Whatever they do to wee teams, will they do the same to the Bigot Brothers? Answers on a postcard.

Green bigot brother might be about to put this to the test.  So far Edouard and Christie look unavailable for the OF game next week as a result of international duty.  McGregor and Taylor could be at a similar risk and there may be others.  Will the SPFL force them to play the blue half with a weakened team when arguably they are not at fault given that the players have not been under the green brother's control?  Could be interesting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stumpy1966 said:

Christie doesn’t have it Armstrong does. Christie has been in close contact with him so I don’t think it has any influence on saints. 

I should read more than just the headline.

McKenna out. Can't think of another Scottish centre back better than Kerr but at present I wouldn't want him called up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, south inch said:

Green bigot brother might be about to put this to the test.  So far Edouard and Christie look unavailable for the OF game next week as a result of international duty.  McGregor and Taylor could be at a similar risk and there may be others.  Will the SPFL force them to play the blue half with a weakened team when arguably they are not at fault given that the players have not been under the green brother's control?  Could be interesting!

Both Bigots have huge squads. They could each lose a dozen players and still have a team we could only dream of. If the SPFFLPLpLFL call this game off for a few absences, it would be a disgrace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Both Bigots have huge squads. They could each lose a dozen players and still have a team we could only dream of. If the SPFFLPLpLFL call this game off for a few absences, it would be a disgrace.

Normally I like alphabet soup but you have me beat this time.  However, the rest of your post is clear enough for me to agree with you 100%.  Another thought, leading from the complaints about Tierney's isolation coming from Arsenal, Scotland might find an awful lot of injuries springing up if Israel are disposed of and we try to raise a squad to play Serbia or Norway away in the final playoff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Just out of interest have the Israel squad had to isolate for two weeks before the game. Just due to Guy Melamed having to isolate before training or playing for us.

Good question, I've no idea though, will they have isolate for 14 days on their return also  ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Just out of interest have the Israel squad had to isolate for two weeks before the game. Just due to Guy Melamed having to isolate before training or playing for us.

I think it's something to do with them having elite athletes exemption certificate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scotland v England under 19 friendly stopped at half time due to a member of Scotland's back room staff being tested positive.

2 Scotland back room staff previously positive.

Not looking good as I would assume the back room staff come from various clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Scotland v England under 19 friendly stopped at half time due to a member of Scotland's back room staff being tested positive.

2 Scotland back room staff previously positive.

Not looking good as I would assume the back room staff come from various clubs.

Billy Stark tested positive.  As you say not looking good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...