The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

On 11/24/2020 at 8:56 PM, garydavidson said:

Not a chance the government would allow a lottery like that - not a hope of figuring out if those with tickets are local, if they travelled from a region with a higher level etc.

It would be local season ticket holders first.

I’m a season ticket holder in a tier 2 area. If Perth is tier 3, surely I should get priority!!

10 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Guys, can you keep this thread to the impact on Saints please. I've moved all the political stuff from yesterday into a new thread in Chit Chat - feel free to chat about politics all you like in there.

I thought we were discussing who may or may not be able to attend our games?

On 11/27/2020 at 8:24 AM, blueheaven said:

Guys, can you keep this thread to the impact on Saints please. I've moved all the political stuff from yesterday into a new thread in Chit Chat - feel free to chat about politics all you like in there.

This forum is quite literally dead. It has around 10 posters and I’d assume double digit posts on an average day. I’d see your point if this was back in 2010 but jeez.

Behaving like a traffic warden.

Just now, garydavidson said:

Motherwell have been handed six points whilst Hamilton get three: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55176197

This is a disgrace. They cannot change the rules halfway through a season. Surely the teams that were meant to play Aberdeen and Celtic should be contesting this. It is not even in dispute that they broke the rules. 

20 minutes ago, Stumpy1966 said:

This is a disgrace. They cannot change the rules halfway through a season. Surely the teams that were meant to play Aberdeen and Celtic should be contesting this. It is not even in dispute that they broke the rules. 

I think the big difference is that in the case of St Mirren it was the Club that broke the rules, no social distancing on coaches, at meals, allowed players to car share where as  Celtic and Aberdeen issues were caused by players being complete idiots. 

9 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I think the big difference is that in the case of St Mirren it was the Club that broke the rules, no social distancing on coaches, at meals, allowed players to car share where as  Celtic and Aberdeen issues were caused by players being complete idiots. 

I can see that. But I would suggest the latter is actually worse

12 minutes ago, mainstand said:

True, I'm afraid if you want to punish clubs for being stupid by hitting them where it really hurts - points - other clubs will benefit.

The SPFL will now hope and pray this works and other clubs will take note.  Of course in case it doesn't work they will also double hope and pray that the next offenders are not Rangers* or Celtic.

The difference is there were no specific Covid rules in place at the time of the Aberdeen and Celtic stupidnesses. Now there are, St Mirren and Killy knew that, and still broke them. I’m not saying it’s fair, clearly it’s not consistent, but there is a difference. 

Note that both are not happy. Killy are taking legal advice. This could take months. That means some club could be celebrating escaping relegation or qualifying for Europe, some court hands down a decision, and.......

This could be fun.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 11:57 AM, Pat McGroin said:

I’m a season ticket holder in a tier 2 area. If Perth is tier 3, surely I should get priority!!

Eh no as if you are in a tier 2 area you aren't allowed to travel to a tier 3 area unless for medical appointment or essential work. So if you did saints would be fined £40000 for breaching covid rules. Also you would then be at risk of taking the virus from a tier 3 area to a tier 2 area turning your area into a tier 3.

6 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Note that both are not happy. Killy are taking legal advice. This could take months. That means some club could be celebrating escaping relegation or qualifying for Europe, some court hands down a decision, and.......

Ann Budge had legal advice, always depends on whether it suits you to accept it.

Guy in Washington has legal advice and even has judges he appointed but he is still in the relegation spot.

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

I get that there's a difference, but either way it's rule-breaking. When a match has had to be called off due to rules being broken, in my eyes a consistent punishment should be applied. If players had caught Covid without any rules being broken, that would be a different story.

Saints should be furious about this - not only do we miss out on the three points that have been handed to other clubs, but we move down the league table as a result of other clubs benefitting.

4 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

This forum is quite literally dead. It has around 10 posters and I’d assume double digit posts on an average day. I’d see your point if this was back in 2010 but jeez.

Behaving like a traffic warden.

Why do saints fans not use the forum anymore?

Some days there are hardly any new posts.

Can it survive like this?

Edited by akuram

3 hours ago, dave mc said:

The offenders should be docked 3 points so all gain not one team. Then play the game later on 

You would be penalising the team they were meant to play as they could have won the match if played.

I wonder why they decided on a 3-0 win as I doubt  if many games are won by 3 goals. At the end of the season there could a few things decided by goal difference.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

You would be penalising the team they were meant to play as they could have won the match if played.

I wonder why they decided on a 3-0 win as I doubt  if many games are won by 3 goals. At the end of the season there could a few things decided by goal difference.

If it’s played later , the opponent has  a chance to win it

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I get that there's a difference, but either way it's rule-breaking. When a match has had to be called off due to rules being broken, in my eyes a consistent punishment should be applied. If players had caught Covid without any rules being broken, that would be a different story.

Saints should be furious about this - not only do we miss out on the three points that have been handed to other clubs, but we move down the league table as a result of other clubs benefitting.

That is exactly it.

There is plenty of time for those fixtures to be played, the clubs should be punished but others shouldn't benefit from them simply due to the luck of fixture scheduling.