Linky

The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Recommended Posts

Brilliant statement from saints. This should get full coverage tonight on the Scottish news however I suppose it will not even get a mention.

Would like comment from the other sides regarding our facilities. Do any of them have a complaint.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, akuram said:

Brilliant statement from saints. This should get full coverage tonight on the Scottish news however I suppose it will not even get a mention.

Probably not but Kirsten is following that well known maxim "let one wanker toss off in your face and they will be organising bus trips".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I was at the Club Shop before Christmas, they told me that Celtic brought the biggest party of hangers on of any SPL club to their game here on 4 October, whereas when Saints were about to go to Celtic Park on 6 December, they'd been restricted in the numbers they were allowed to bring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mainstand said:

Did we give them the astro dressing rooms? I asked the question earlier, as I am sure they went off via the corner of the pitch?

Apparently they got the 4 dressing rooms folk use for the astros, plus a function room for a team meeting.

Tbf this probably wasn't enough since they took over 60 folk to Dubai for a "training camp".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, akuram said:

Brilliant statement from saints. This should get full coverage tonight on the Scottish news however I suppose it will not even get a mention.

Would like comment from the other sides regarding our facilities. Do any of them have a complaint.

 

Was just on the STV news central Scotland version showed saints statement and mentioned Hamilton’s response, then interview with Lennon's sidekick scotty broon being all diplomatic!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No question about it, it was a bad decision for Celtic to go to Dubai. It was a stupid risk they didnt need to take and it cost them with players isolating. Although it was allowed, it wasnt for a competive game like the Euro qualifiers.  Perhaps there was hypocrisy in terms of how much social distancing there was compared to Scotland conga celebrations etc but ultimately they shouldnt have gone. Absolutely no need to publicly criticise Saints. I was also surprised by the videos that came out of the Chorley dressing room after they beat Derby County in the FA cup the other week. The bbc news focussed on the achievement and didnt once mention the packed dressing room with singing and dancing. I understand it was an emotional occassion but I thought it was a little astonishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Now Ian McCall(who?) has come out criticising St.Johnstone’s statement as being “over the top” and “adding flames to the fire” (not sure that’s quite how the idiom goes, Ian)

He's an erse tae. Stick tae yer shoes Ian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

That’s insane. 

Crazy.

“We have agreed to seek a government loan of £1m. It goes against the grain with myself as I don’t want to see the club going back into bank debt."

He added: “We had a meeting last week and we had approved a sum to Alex to bring in an additional player.

"Hopefully that will give him enough funds to bring in the player we need.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Rob said:

No question about it, it was a bad decision for Celtic to go to Dubai. It was a stupid risk they didnt need to take and it cost them with players isolating. Although it was allowed, it wasnt for a competive game like the Euro qualifiers.  Perhaps there was hypocrisy in terms of how much social distancing there was compared to Scotland conga celebrations etc but ultimately they shouldnt have gone. Absolutely no need to publicly criticise Saints. I was also surprised by the videos that came out of the Chorley dressing room after they beat Derby County in the FA cup the other week. The bbc news focussed on the achievement and didnt once mention the packed dressing room with singing and dancing. I understand it was an emotional occassion but I thought it was a little astonishing.

I think this sums it up perfectly. Football's handling of this whole situation has been all over the place. I also can't help but think back to all those pre-match Celtic huddles. I know they're technically permitted as they're happening on the pitch, but surely they're unnecessary and a major risk. I also went to a non-league game down here in London just before Christmas and both groups of players (who I'd bet were crowded closely together in their changing rooms and weren't being regularly tested) did a huddle on the pitch before the match. It's absolutely crazy.

And now, at a time when the Government must surely have a hundred other priorities, they're giving Kilmarnock a £1 million loan to sign a new player? Hate to say this but there's just no justification for continuing with football in the UK at this stage. The whole thing should be stopped until the situation significantly improves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I think this sums it up perfectly. Football's handling of this whole situation has been all over the place. I also can't help but think back to all those pre-match Celtic huddles. I know they're technically permitted as they're happening on the pitch, but surely they're unnecessary and a major risk. I also went to a non-league game down here in London just before Christmas and both groups of players (who I'd bet were crowded closely together in their changing rooms and weren't being regularly tested) did a huddle on the pitch before the match. It's absolutely crazy.

And now, at a time when the Government must surely have a hundred other priorities, they're giving Kilmarnock a £1 million loan to sign a new player? Hate to say this but there's just no justification for continuing with football in the UK at this stage. The whole thing should be stopped until the situation significantly improves.

 On the huddle an interesting aside to that when watching the inter city derby at rugby last week, both squads went into a pre and post match huddle, linking arms pulling each other together, not just the 15 players but the whole lot management physios water boys the lot. I mentioned it to a mate who does coaching at the oriam who says the rugby are treated differently and are according to what he heard allowed it and also to train indoors but football can't. 

On the Government loans they are i believe meant to help cover lost income. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Hate to say this but there's just no justification for continuing with football in the UK at this stage. The whole thing should be stopped until the situation significantly improves.

On your last point, I think some research was done which suggested that, the availability of elite sports on TV encouraged people to stay inside, rather than meeting up with others. I imagine this is why it has been allowed to continue, & will be throughout barring any huge issues. Essentially, the Government are willing to trade off on the fact that a small number of fit and healthy sportsman and women will get Covid by continuing to play, but this ensures that more (less healthy!) people will then stay inside to watch the games and potentially not get Covid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

That’s insane. 

I don't think the picture is as bad as painted above.  Kilmarnock say they have identified a £1 million shortfall in their financial planning to see them to the end of the season.  Rather than have directors putting their hands in their own pockets they are taking out a Government loan for this sum.  They have been upfront in saying that included in their planning is an agreed sum which they hope will enable Dyer to sign a striker in January.  This will probably be to cover wages in the main so I doubt very much they intend spending much of the loan on this aspect.

In short even I don't think the Government is that daft and I'm prepared to bet that our Stevie is studying the terms and conditions of this loan scheme very carefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Some people cant handle the truth.

This shows the statement has been noticed, commented on and upset those that think Celtic can do and say what whey want. We were 100% within our rights objecting to something we are accused of and putting the record straight.

Well done saints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, south inch said:

I don't think the picture is as bad as painted above.  Kilmarnock say they have identified a £1 million shortfall in their financial planning to see them to the end of the season.  Rather than have directors putting their hands in their own pockets they are taking out a Government loan for this sum.  They have been upfront in saying that included in their planning is an agreed sum which they hope will enable Dyer to sign a striker in January.  This will probably be to cover wages in the main so I doubt very much they intend spending much of the loan on this aspect.

In short even I don't think the Government is that daft and I'm prepared to bet that our Stevie is studying the terms and conditions of this loan scheme very carefully.

Well done; exactly as I read it.

This shows, as is abundantly clear on the Zander Thread that if you want to manipulate figures or facts you can manufacture any type of conclusion to fit your point of view. Killie aren't spending a million on buying players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...