The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

5 hours ago, mainstand said:

Only where the crowd is over 10000 that is why aberdeen capped the crowd on saturday at 9,999:laugh:

Interesting, do they have to check that everyone who needs one has a Covid Pass or just a random sample?  Aberdeen must be losing a few bob, they had 13,000 against us and would surely have touched 15,000 v Hearts.  Must assume that being Aberdonians they have done their sums several times before adopting this approach.

Can't believe that the crowds at Ayebroke and the Girodrome all had the relevant proof.

22 minutes ago, south inch said:

Interesting, do they have to check that everyone who needs one has a Covid Pass or just a random sample?  Aberdeen must be losing a few bob, they had 13,000 against us and would surely have touched 15,000 v Hearts.  Must assume that being Aberdonians they have done their sums several times before adopting this approach.

Can't believe that the crowds at Ayebroke and the Girodrome all had the relevant proof.

The Aberdeen situation seems quite bizarre. They seem to be sticking very strictly to everything, and were apparently checking vaccine passports/negative tests before they even became law (as, I believe, Scotland were at Hampden). They then seem to have restricted Hearts to about 700 tickets, bearing in mind they brought 3.5k to McD on an absolutely shitty Wednesday, just to keep below 10k and not need to do these checks.

Was at Murrayfield Saturday (I know, should have been at Tannadump) but 32k crowd, stewards asked if we had vax passport, my mate got his paper copy open, I didn't even get the app open on my phone, stewards say okay on you go.

Also saw a Celtic fan mention on P&B that steward at Parkhead was being strict, walked round a bit and another steward let them in.

Heard similar about nightclubs, some being strict, those who aren't are benifitting.

Generally sounds a total mess and just your luck how the venue/staff member is interpreting the rules.

36 minutes ago, south inch said:

Don't you realise the rules don't apply to them as per the cinch carry on.

• 1 month later...

I think we're getting close to seeing some activity on this subject again Dundee utd having a bit of a scare with cases this week now St Mirren. Think I'm right in saying 5 English Premier games called off too.

Is it possible that there will be an early winter shutdown after this weekends games if more teams (in Scotland) report more cases in next few days to hopefully let this latest surge pass. Maybe we'll go back to empty stadiums for a few weeks, last resort will be calling a halt to the season, I just hope Saints can muster up some points and quickly

52 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Are there any players in England vaccinated ?.

I don't know the numbers (of players involved) but a bbc report states that 25% of players in the professional league's in England have no intention of getting the vaccine jags 

An Arbroath player has now tested positive

15 minutes ago, GeoKirrin said:

Carlisle United’s average gate is less than 4,000 now they face demotion to the National League (again) being near the foot of League 2.  Gates of over 10,000 are historic, from years ago.

Get what your saying, biggest crowd this season has been close to 8000 I believe, I think they're just throwing in the 9,999 in the event they get any game that could draw in a potential 10k plus 

On 12/17/2021 at 8:50 PM, chips said:

I don't know the numbers (of players involved) but a bbc report states that 25% of players in the professional league's in England have no intention of getting the vaccine jags 

An Arbroath player has now tested positive

The problem is there seems to be no incentive now for these people to be vaccinated or not as they all have to isolate, Kane and Eetu being examples - if they were vaccinated they should be allowed to play.

The guidance from all governments continues to be completely contradictory.

48 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Saint Nicola update around 2.30. Lots of options, but some impact on crowds at some sporting events in Scotland seems likely.

7 minutes ago, chips said:

Screenshot_20211221-132628_Chrome.jpg

This is the thing. If there’s loads of players isolating, it becomes silly, and also gives a huge advantage to clubs with bigger squads. The league plan in England and Scotland seems to be to get as many games played as possible now (with an early end of season in mind?) I don’t know for how long that is sustainable. 

I still think bringing the winter break forward is the best solution at the moment rather than stopping crowds or games getting cancelled due to covid/trace issues. Hopefully by early January the spike will be dropping and maybe give teams a bit of a chance to strengthen and prepare for a busy schedule throughout that month 

3 minutes ago, chips said:

I still think bringing the winter break forward is the best solution at the moment rather than stopping crowds or games getting cancelled due to covid/trace issues. Hopefully by early January the spike will be dropping and maybe give teams a bit of a chance to strengthen and prepare for a busy schedule throughout that month 

Too sensible Chips, it’s the SPFL we’re dealing with here 

Could they not just void the season now, no relegation or promotion. We got a miracle last season so it shouldnt be too much to ask for.

Obviously in reality we dont want the Covid situation to get worse that they would take this action. Lets just call it a preventative measure.

1 hour ago, chips said:

Too sensible.

This virus is more transmissible but no evidence yet of being more dangerous than flu.