The big COVID-19 Shutdown

Linky

19 hours ago, south inch said:

I hope not but I did think our guys were close contacts of confirmed Covid cases.  If Zander had played we might not have lost the first goal and then anything could have happened.

No is it not a case that a member of their household was positive which means they have to isolate irrespective of pcr results. Close contacts are released after a negative pcr 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

No is it not a case that a member of their household was positive which means they have to isolate irrespective of pcr results. Close contacts are released after a negative pcr 

So St Mirren must have got lucky with timing? Although I don't recall them mention a struggle a week ago before the Celtic game?

5 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

So St Mirren must have got lucky with timing? Although I don't recall them mention a struggle a week ago before the Celtic game?

I think on the st mirren case there were players that tested positive and some of the players were close contacts so they were released with a negative pcr as long as they didn't stay in the same house as others that had covid. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Cagey said:

Jason Leitch saying major gatherings may be banned until the spring. That will cheer up clubs.

He must be gutted that the mumbling doctor got a knighthood and he didn't

Except he didn’t. Misquoted by press, which he has confirmed. It’s not impossible it will happen - it may well - but it’s far too early to say.

He may well have been offered something, but turned it down, as more and more folk do.

Edited by Abernethy Saint

9 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Wee Nicky saying present crowd numbers to continue till 17th January at least.

Doesn't give much wriggle room for our away game at Tynie on the 18th January.

Intending to go to this game, but looks like numbers (able to attend) will be decided the day before.

Not ideal.

Hopefully OK fir Ross away hope tae be up dust aff the wallet and gie the missus notice ,she may let you play out again if you wrap up warm.

10 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Wee Nicky saying present crowd numbers to continue till 17th January at least.

Doesn't give much wriggle room for our away game at Tynie on the 18th January.

Intending to go to this game, but looks like numbers (able to attend) will be decided the day before.

Not ideal.

Not giving much notice then. She probably thinks you just turn up on the night and pay at gate.

I think there is a Celtic game on 17th.

I see a few clubs talking about moving games to the likes of Newcastle if ridiculous 500 limit still in place.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Not giving much notice then. She probably thinks you just turn up on the night and pay at gate.

I think there is a Celtic game on 17th.

I see a few clubs talking about moving games to the likes of Newcastle if ridiculous 500 limit still in place.

From the BBC: The Scottish FA and SPFL have told Premiership clubs to start planning for full capacity crowds as soon as the winter shut down is over.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-clubs-told-prepare-full-25866030

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

From the BBC: The Scottish FA and SPFL have told Premiership clubs to start planning for full capacity crowds as soon as the winter shut down is over.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scottish-clubs-told-prepare-full-25866030

Not sure what JRG saw in her statement to give them hope. She is ultra cautious and I think the hospital admissions are on the rise despite the night club etc ban.

22 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Not sure what JRG saw in her statement to give them hope. She is ultra cautious and I think the hospital admissions are on the rise despite the night club etc ban.

I would not put money on us going from 500 to full houses possibly a mid point until end of January then full houses if all going well that way it saves the old firm game and also sru 6 nations games 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

I would not put money on us going from 500 to full houses possibly a mid point until end of January then full houses if all going well that way it saves the old firm game and also sru 6 nations games 

Possibly, but I don’t see how eg 5,000 at McD is safe but eg 7,500 is dangerous. 

It’s quite sweet how some folk (not you MS) think that football attendance levels are or should be a key factor in government COVID decision-making. I feel A&E staff all over the country are unlikely to be particularly concerned what the crowd will be at Livingstone’s next game as they look up to see another dozen unvaccinated, irresponsible fruit loops being wheeled in to cough all over them.

On 1/6/2022 at 3:00 PM, Abernethy Saint said:

Possibly, but I don’t see how eg 5,000 at McD is safe but eg 7,500 is dangerous. 

It’s quite sweet how some folk (not you MS) think that football attendance levels are or should be a key factor in government COVID decision-making. I feel A&E staff all over the country are unlikely to be particularly concerned what the crowd will be at Livingstone’s next game as they look up to see another dozen unvaccinated, irresponsible fruit loops being wheeled in to cough all over them.

Yep 9 hour waits at QEUH in Glasgow yesterday then add in the mayhem of an OF game and God knows how they will cope. 

Right I’m really confused what’s going on. To start I work for the NHS and we got a brief before Christmas. In Tayside we had 456 cases of COVID only 20 in hospital and 5 of them in HDU last of all none of them had Omnicron. Now everyone seems to be going back the way they were with the cash and card only checkouts. Trolleys not allowed through self serve. One way systems etc etc but apart from football crowds the government seem to be reducing quarantine to Seven instead of ten days. So why is everything going one way and government the other.

7 hours ago, saintgscot said:

Right I’m really confused what’s going on. To start I work for the NHS and we got a brief before Christmas. In Tayside we had 456 cases of COVID only 20 in hospital and 5 of them in HDU last of all none of them had Omnicron. Now everyone seems to be going back the way they were with the cash and card only checkouts. Trolleys not allowed through self serve. One way systems etc etc but apart from football crowds the government seem to be reducing quarantine to Seven instead of ten days. So why is everything going one way and government the other.

Air travel was only limited to try and prevent, and more recently slow, the arrival of Delta and then Omicron. Now the U.K. is absolutely riddled with both, so air travel is no longer as big a risk factor in terms of importing further cases of either of these variants.

8 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Air travel was only limited to try and prevent, and more recently slow, the arrival of Delta and then Omicron. Now the U.K. is absolutely riddled with both, so air travel is no longer as big a risk factor in terms of importing further cases of either of these variants.

But it’s not in Tayside