Season Tickets

Cagey

Phoned yesterday re the Hibs game and had the money returned to my account right away. 

Did ask about season tickets and there is something coming out in the next week to ten days. Which I am surprised at as we have no idea when fans are going to get in and also how may games or what type of league set up we are going to be playing in.

25 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Phoned yesterday re the Hibs game and had the money returned to my account right away. 

Did ask about season tickets and there is something coming out in the next week to ten days. Which I am surprised at as we have no idea when fans are going to get in and also how may games or what type of league set up we are going to be playing in.

Youd guess once this latest proposal from Budge fails then that'll be reconstruction in the bin, at last.

They can then sell a season ticket for a usual season.

Aberdeen chairman apparently saying January is the earliest they expect fans in the ground again.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

I'd also think any new season ticket package is going to need some pretty robust terms and conditions about what happens if the season kicks off only for this to all flare up again. I think most fans have been pretty good about not demanding refunds from their clubs for what's happened, but if it happens a second time, or a third time, people are quite understandably going to start asking for their money back.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Youd guess once this latest proposal from Budge fails then that'll be reconstruction in the bin, at last.

Aberdeen chairman apparently saying January is the earliest they expect fans in the ground again.

Dons chairman aware of the time needed to clean seagulls sh ite from the seats perhaps?

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Would have thought reconstruction would have been dropped by now. This is rolling on & on & as I said in a post ages ago it's not over til Budge sings or drops her threat of legal action & SPFL stop shitting themselves.

Tranmere put their season tickets on sale a few weeks ago even though they don’t know which league they will be in as no final decision has yet been taken by the clubs. No idea if or when fans will be allowed back in but they have had amazing sales so far. I think a lot of fans are working on the principle that season ticket holders will get preference on entry when it happens.

1 hour ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Tranmere put their season tickets on sale a few weeks ago even though they don’t know which league they will be in as no final decision has yet been taken by the clubs. No idea if or when fans will be allowed back in but they have had amazing sales so far. I think a lot of fans are working on the principle that season ticket holders will get preference on entry when it happens.

Aberdeen and Motherwell both claimed to have a "record" amount of first week season ticket sales too.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Aberdeen and Motherwell both claimed to have a "record" amount of first week season ticket sales too.

I assume they are buying them to help the club as no one will know if they are getting 38 games or19 or whatever

Think I saw Hamiltons accounts somewhere * they didn't look too healthy.  Did they say they were only going to be pay at the gate?

53 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I assume they are buying them to help the club as no one will know if they are getting 38 games or19 or whatever

Think I saw Hamiltons accounts somewhere * they didn't look too healthy.  Did they say they were only going to be pay at the gate?

Think they had losses of £200k and debt of £400k, for the year 2018/19.

Hearts refusing to offer refunds on season tickets, even for fans who email to request one due to losing their job (a Hearts fan on twitter has been showing the emails).

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Think they had losses of £200k and debt of £400k, for the year 2018/19.

Hearts refusing to offer refunds on season tickets, even for fans who email to request one due to losing their job (a Hearts fan on twitter has been showing the emails).

Probably due to having spent the dosh on below average players on long contracts.

13 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Probably due to having spent the dosh on below average players on long contracts.

Yep - they can "afford" to pay Liam Boyce £6k a week but they can't offer a small number of fans a refund of, what, £100 or so each? Ann Budge truly has made a gigantic mess of running that club, and yet from what I can see very few of their fans seem to be talking about that.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Yep - they can "afford" to pay Liam Boyce £6k a week but they can't offer a small number of fans a refund of, what, £100 or so each? Ann Budge truly has made a gigantic mess of running that club, and yet from what I can see very few of their fans seem to be talking about that.

a new investor in gillette waiting in the wings as far as the record is concerned. 

46 minutes ago, glenrothes saintee said:

BBC website saying SFA and SPFL hoping for 1st of August to start next season.

Seems pretty tenuous. The article suggests that will mean the season starting behind closed doors, but there's no mention of how that's supposed to work financially.

Also no mention of what's going to happen to the League Cup, which I'm guessing will end up being hibernated for a year.

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Seems pretty tenuous. The article suggests that will mean the season starting behind closed doors, but there's no mention of how that's supposed to work financially.

Also no mention of what's going to happen to the League Cup, which I'm guessing will end up being hibernated for a year.

I would think L Cup will have to miss out. If it doesn't have a sponsor then it definitely will.

If it starts on first of August  behind closed doors I would assume first round of fixtures would all be behind closed doors. If the virus is under control do they open up the ground for round 2. Will the clubs object to losing advantage of home crowds in first round ?.

Will Budge then take legal action.

Doncaster has had to work for his huge wage for a change.

The situation is reviewed at least every three weeks - the next is scheduled for 18 June - with further phases implemented if enough progress is made on keeping the virus under control.

Professional sport is in phase two; a "restricted number" of spectators are allowed in stage three - potentially mid-July; with crowd restrictions eased further in stage four.

2 hours ago, glenrothes saintee said:

BBC website saying SFA and SPFL hoping for 1st of August to start next season.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I think they might have to start around that time to maintain the TV deal, but not sure if a start date is written into contracts like that.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

I think they might have to start around that time to maintain the TV deal, but not sure if a start date is written into contracts like that.

Speaking of deals, am I correct in thinking that apart from the Sky tv deal, Dungcaster has failed to get ANY further sponsorship?