Season Tickets

Cagey

An Overseas Saints TV subscription is £12 per month / £120 per year which allows you to watch all home league matches and most away matches live.

However if your UK based, you will need to pay £260-£365* to have the privilege to do so.

*Assuming season tickets are sold at last years prices.

If fans are allowed back January, you would only have the opportunity to attend 8 homes games or so, with a couple of them sure to be selected for live coverage from Sky.

Personally think saints have got it spot on by not selling season books prior to this announcement. Looking forward to how they handle the selling of virtual season books now.

I’d expect many clubs who have down to have numerous refund requests, especially from those who have bought tickets for the family, considering only 1 book will give you the required logon to watch. 

6 hours ago, livi saint said:

An Overseas Saints TV subscription is £12 per month / £120 per year which allows you to watch all home league matches and most away matches live.

However if your UK based, you will need to pay £260-£365* to have the privilege to do so.

*Assuming season tickets are sold at last years prices.

If fans are allowed back January, you would only have the opportunity to attend 8 homes games or so, with a couple of them sure to be selected for live coverage from Sky.

Personally think saints have got it spot on by not selling season books prior to this announcement. Looking forward to how they handle the selling of virtual season books now.

I’d expect many clubs who have down to have numerous refund requests, especially from those who have bought tickets for the family, considering only 1 book will give you the required logon to watch. 

Motherwell season ticket book will provide you with physical entry to 19 matches, irrespective of whether they matches are played in season 2020-21 or 21-22.

Will be interesting to see what Saints are doing. 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Would be good to get some information out next week and some much needed revenue for the club.

The club has really missed the boat here, again. 

There was so much potential good will from people during shutdown that I think we’d have seen a rise in season ticket sales. 

Once the world reopens, that will be gone. Probably too late already. 

17 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

The club has really missed the boat here, again. 

There was so much potential good will from people during shutdown that I think we’d have seen a rise in season ticket sales. 

Once the world reopens, that will be gone. Probably too late already. 

I think the clubs that sold season tickets without even knowing what they were selling were in danger of cheating fans. 

Saints did from what I was told have everything ready to go last week prior to the change in access to TV matches so I suspect the information will be getting updated to take account of what is happening with saints TV. 

Saints were clear that they weren’t willing to sell season tickets to fans without knowing what product was even on offer. I’m absolutely fine with that, as others have said other clubs who have sold season tickets are now having to come up with compromises and other ways around it. Saints should now be able to offer people an exact product and not potentials. 

13 hours ago, Widge said:

Saints were clear that they weren’t willing to sell season tickets to fans without knowing what product was even on offer. I’m absolutely fine with that, as others have said other clubs who have sold season tickets are now having to come up with compromises and other ways around it. Saints should now be able to offer people an exact product and not potentials. 

Would have been easy to sell a blanket ticket covering all home games and behind closed doors games. 

I’d have bought that even if the number of fixtures end up being reduced. 

2 hours ago, Pat McGroin said:

Would have been easy to sell a blanket ticket covering all home games and behind closed doors games. 

I’d have bought that even if the number of fixtures end up being reduced. 

I don't think you can blame the club for wanting to protect fans?

We're in a global crisis and the club have happily turned down the chance to milk fans so they arent cheated, look at Celtic, who havent made the closed door games available to season ticket holders.

One has complained theyve spent £666 on a season ticket when they were asked to renew in January, and Celtic have told him he'll have to pay £100 on top of that to watch streamed games, and that he wont get a discount next season, or this season, if games are behind closed doors.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

We're in a global crisis and the club have happily turned down the chance to milk fans so they arent cheated, look at Celtic, who havent made the closed door games available to season ticket holders.

One has complained theyve spent £666 on a season ticket when they were asked to renew in January, and Celtic have told him he'll have to pay £100 on top of that to watch streamed games, and that he wont get a discount next season, or this season, if games are behind closed doors.

I’ll agree that is very crappy, but we aren’t Celtic and our season tickets aren’t exactly sought after.

what I was suggesting, offering entry to all games via streaming or general admission isn’t ripping off fans. 

We had the chance there to even let fans pay up a ticket over 3/4 months interest free. 

8 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

I’ll agree that is very crappy, but we aren’t Celtic and our season tickets aren’t exactly sought after.

what I was suggesting, offering entry to all games via streaming or general admission isn’t ripping off fans. 

We had the chance there to even let fans pay up a ticket over 3/4 months interest free. 

But saints didn't know about the streaming thing until last week!

They had already figured out what they were wanting to do regarding season tickets and all of a sudden this crops up. It's not as simple as changing the form and small print, this is an added complication in all this which has set saints back in releasing information. Again that's not their fault, I'd rather they do it correctly and properly and in the end don't make a hash of things like Celtic have. Motherwell's proposal has the right idea, but they'd already figured their stuff out months ago as they were willing to sell an unknown product to their fans.

I don't think any criticism can be levelled at saints for this, in my mind they've 100% done the right thing by waiting and selling an absolute, as opposed to a hypothetical. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

With a £60 million wage bill the closed door games are going to affect the OF harder than the likes of Saints with small crowds.

Celtic fans are not happy.

Rangers fans being offered £25 for unused ST games last season.

Being a Saints fans isn't too bad at times.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

With a £60 million wage bill the closed door games are going to affect the OF harder than the likes of Saints with small crowds.

Celtic fans are not happy.

Rangers fans being offered £25 for unused ST games last season.

Being a Saints fans isn't too bad at times.

And they are already demanding that the OF games should be held back until crowds are let back in. All clubs should demand that their games at home to the old firm should be held back as well to give them a nice fixture headache again.

27 minutes ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

And they are already demanding that the OF games should be held back until crowds are let back in. All clubs should demand that their games at home to the old firm should be held back as well to give them a nice fixture headache again.

that was a bit of a blunder by lennon obviously not wanting rangers to get an advantage with 2 home matches with their fans filling most of stadium. 

1 hour ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

The fixture computer is already set up to suit OF. Can't be at home on same day. New Year fixtures. End of round of fixtures before split. Last game of season if one is going to win the league at the others ground.

It doesn't leave much room for others fixtures.

At least we don't have to worry about Hearts_Hibs fixtures.

21 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

Exactly. Was thinking the same when I heard the Celtic story.

That's why the ugly sisters think they are the only 2 that matter.

They should form their own league and include 5 of their colt sides.:laugh:

Edited by HOODLUM65

Maybe the club should offer to use the balance of season ticket money for 19/20 as a seed for a 'foundation of Saints' type scheme. Allow fans to pay in a fixed amount every month with money going direct to club, separate from the youth set up.

Say it was 50k or something as a base and if 2k saints fans put £25 in each month, would be around £600k per season.

That would see us through any other lockdowns and if not needed, then would be a good source of income for the club and/or ultimately a share of the club for fans (still not sure about that model).

I don't really want my ST money back and would rather it went to help Saints, but at the same time, saints could be clever about this. 

Ross County have increased season ticket prices from last season.

Hamilton aren't planning to sell season tickets, and instead plan to sell access to match streams for £10 per person, per match, with the idea of selling season tickets once fans are allowed back to games.

31 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Ross County have increased season ticket prices from last season.

Hamilton aren't planning to sell season tickets, and instead plan to sell access to match streams for £10 per person, per match, with the idea of selling season tickets once fans are allowed back to games.

Ross county got such a. Back last that they have withdrawn sales and are reviewing their pricing. 

14 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Ross county got such a. Back last that they have withdrawn sales and are reviewing their pricing. 

By the sounds of things they set up a fan based fundraiser on the basis of not selling season tickets as they didnt believe fans would make games this season, encouraging fans to put money in the fund instead.

They've now put out season tickets at increased prices.

Seems like some fans put £300+ into the fund raiser thinking it would gain them access to streaming of matches due to how they worded it, yet now have to pay a further £300+ for a season ticket.

Absolute chaos.

18 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Take it you meant backlash?

Not surprised in the least, Uncle (moneybags) Roy Fleecing the fans.

Imagine if Stevie came up with this.

He gets pelters as it is.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

By the sounds of things they set up a fan based fundraiser on the basis of not selling season tickets as they didnt believe fans would make games this season, encouraging fans to put money in the fund instead.

They've now put out season tickets at increased prices.

Seems like some fans put £300+ into the fund raiser thinking it would gain them access to streaming of matches due to how they worded it, yet now have to pay a further £300+ for a season ticket.

Absolute chaos.

Aye, ye cannae beat a well run club.:laugh: