Sign in to follow this  
Jamie_Beatson

WAP Video Archive Now Live!

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,

As previewed briefly last week, we've been working hard behind the scenes and are now ready to launch the WeArePerth Video Archive - www.weareperth.co.uk is the link!

So far we have:

- Highlights of (almost!) every game in the 17/18, 18/19 and 19/20 seasons.

- Highlights and additional video content for every European game since 2012 - as well as highlights of the Saints v Monaco UEFA Cup games in 1999.

- Highlights of every game in our 2014 Scottish Cup run as well as additional video content.

- Classic matches from the McDiarmid Park and Muirton Park eras

- Goal compilations, documentaries, interviews and other special features.

All the highlights are archived with team lines and goalscorers and are fully searchable by year, competition, team or even by player. Comments are open and welcome on every game!

There will be more content added as we go - with the intention being that we'll get back as far as we possibly can with season by season highlight videos that are in the public domain. I think there is almost a complete collection on YouTube back as far as maybe 2012/13 and fragmented stuff from before that.

We may also, down the line, start adding the odd article here and there if the feeling takes us. This is also possibly dependent on how long we are all locked in our houses for!

We're also looking for a bit of help. If you have video footage - even if it's on an old forgotten VHS - of a classic game from years ago, let us know. If you can point us in the direction of a video stashed away online in a hidden corner of the internet (Saints related obviously!), pass us the link. We'd be particularly keen to find any footage at all of the VPS Vaasa games in 1999, the 7-2 game against Dundee (There is a video of one of the goals on YouTube - surely somewhere the whole game exists!) or anything else along those lines.

Finally, please give our Twitter and Facebook channels a like - https://twitter.com/wap1884 and https://www.facebook.com/WeArePerth/ - where we'll be posting links to new content when it is added and posting any other Saints related musings that come to mind.

Thanks, as always, for your support!

Jamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Hi everyone,

As previewed briefly last week, we've been working hard behind the scenes and are now ready to launch the WeArePerth Video Archive - www.weareperth.co.uk is the link!

So far we have:

- Highlights of (almost!) every game in the 17/18, 18/19 and 19/20 seasons.

- Highlights and additional video content for every European game since 2012 - as well as highlights of the Saints v Monaco UEFA Cup games in 1999.

- Highlights of every game in our 2014 Scottish Cup run as well as additional video content.

- Classic matches from the McDiarmid Park and Muirton Park eras

- Goal compilations, documentaries, interviews and other special features.

All the highlights are archived with team lines and goalscorers and are fully searchable by year, competition, team or even by player. Comments are open and welcome on every game!

There will be more content added as we go - with the intention being that we'll get back as far as we possibly can with season by season highlight videos that are in the public domain. I think there is almost a complete collection on YouTube back as far as maybe 2012/13 and fragmented stuff from before that.

We may also, down the line, start adding the odd article here and there if the feeling takes us. This is also possibly dependent on how long we are all locked in our houses for!

We're also looking for a bit of help. If you have video footage - even if it's on an old forgotten VHS - of a classic game from years ago, let us know. If you can point us in the direction of a video stashed away online in a hidden corner of the internet (Saints related obviously!), pass us the link. We'd be particularly keen to find any footage at all of the VPS Vaasa games in 1999, the 7-2 game against Dundee (There is a video of one of the goals on YouTube - surely somewhere the whole game exists!) or anything else along those lines.

Finally, please give our Twitter and Facebook channels a like - https://twitter.com/wap1884 and https://www.facebook.com/WeArePerth/ - where we'll be posting links to new content when it is added and posting any other Saints related musings that come to mind.

Thanks, as always, for your support!

Jamie

Nice. Ta...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great stuff Jamie.

I have some old Saints games from the 90s on VHS that are gathering dust somewhere - been thinking about putting them online for years but have done nothing about it, so would love to contribute them to this. Can anyone out there advise of the easiest way to transfer content from VHS to digital? Is there a reasonably cheap piece of equipment that anyone could recommend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s something I’m looking in to! If I find something easy I’ll let you know.

Just to say also I’m aware that some people (including me!) are getting the cookie “I accept” screen on every single page. This is something I’m aware of and am trying to remedy ASAP because it’s very bloody irritating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Great stuff Jamie.

I have some old Saints games from the 90s on VHS that are gathering dust somewhere - been thinking about putting them online for years but have done nothing about it, so would love to contribute them to this. Can anyone out there advise of the easiest way to transfer content from VHS to digital? Is there a reasonably cheap piece of equipment that anyone could recommend?

Boots or Max Speilman will transfer them for you around £ 20.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dunblanemike said:

The Dundee 0 st Johnstone 4 game is showing as not available, the owner has disabled its playing on other media

Thanks. There have been a few like that-the issue being you can’t tell until you try to play the video on an external site! I’ll look into that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dunblanemike said:

The Dundee 0 st Johnstone 4 game is showing as not available, the owner has disabled its playing on other media

There is a link to watch it on you tube.

Great site Jamie. At least the virus has brought some good. Site should help sanity over next 3 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this