League Reconstruction

Jamie_Beatson

• We need a 2, 16,16 League structure.

the 2 team league is for rancid and smeltic .they play each other alternatively home and away every week until whenever they want to stop.

the rest of us play against each other twice with relegation of 4  and promotion of 2 with a play off of clubs in positions 3 to 8 for the other two promotions.

All are Saturday games and to fill out the season you have the Scottish and league cups.

as for Europe only non bigoted clubs are allowed.

1 hour ago, slf said:
  • We need a 2, 16,16 League structure.

the 2 team league is for rancid and smeltic .they play each other alternatively home and away every week until whenever they want to stop.

the rest of us play against each other twice with relegation of 4  and promotion of 2 with a play off of clubs in positions 3 to 8 for the other two promotions.

All are Saturday games and to fill out the season you have the Scottish and league cups.

as for Europe only non bigoted clubs are allowed.

That would be the best solution for everyone. Sky and BT could just fight it out who gets the most games. The rest of us would be happy.

41 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

Have they no learned anything from the past it does not work, look at when they culled 8 teams and we just scrapped into the top 10.

There was also the time when they changed from 12 to ten & we lost out on goal difference when I think our £500 grand striker  Billy Dodds missed a sitter late on at a game v Motherwell ,so don't have any sympathy with Hearts.

57 minutes ago, Cagey said:

There was also the time when they changed from 12 to ten & we lost out on goal difference when I think our £500 grand striker  Billy Dodds missed a sitter late on at a game v Motherwell ,so don't have any sympathy with Hearts.

Last game of season 1993/94 , Saints beat Motherwell 1-0 away.

12 team Premiership ( Saints finished 10th) was then reduced to 10 teams, with the bottom three relegated and One team promoted to the Premiership.

Under that kind of thinking , were the Premiership (currently 10 teams), be increased to 12 teams, the reverse should happen.

I.E.. One team  relegated from the Premiership and THREE teams promoted from the Championship. 

That would freshen things up.

Can't see that being voted through.

Edited by HOODLUM65

On 4/26/2020 at 1:21 PM, Cagey said:

Of course the big difference there was that we were relegated having played a complete season, and we knew when the season started that three teams would go down, so we couldn't really have any complaints.*

As much as I'd find it very entertaining to see Hearts relegated, I'm slowly coming round to the idea that the fairest thing to do would be to completely write off the season, cancel all titles, promotions and relegations, and start again (with no reconstruction) whenever it's possible to do so.

*Although I do have in the back of my mind that we had a grumble against Rangers, who decided to mess around with their team and play Mark Hateley in defence for their final game against Kilmarnock - we needed them to beat Killie, they didn't, and we went down.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Of course the big difference there was that we were relegated having played a complete season, and we knew when the season started that three teams would go down, so we couldn't really have any complaints.*

As much as I'd find it very entertaining to see Hearts relegated, I'm slowly coming round to the idea that the fairest thing to do would be to completely write off the season, cancel all titles, promotions and relegations, and start again (with no reconstruction) whenever it's possible to do so.

*Although I do have in the back of my mind that we had a grumble against Rangers, who decided to mess around with their team and play Mark Hateley in defence for their final game against Kilmarnock - we needed them to beat Killie, they didn't, and we went down.

I think & hope null&void is null & void.

34 minutes ago, sixties saintee said:

League reconstruction to save hearts from relegation is a feckin joke, if it was us in that position there would not be a peep.

Could not agree with you more. Personally 12 Team league probably best as increasing it to 14 means more meaningless games. Realistically Saints season is at best top 6 challenge and at worst relegation battle, but at least something at each end to keep the season going ... think the last thing that’s needed is more meaningless games added to the mix. If Hearts weren’t in the relegation do da I don’t think it would even have been an issue!  

22 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Dividing the Premier kitty 14 or 12 ways won't be liked as much as between 10 clubs.

Seems 3 leagues of 14 is now the only game in town and it is finding favour with the Media and the Players Union.  As this proposal does not involve increasing the number of teams in the SPFL  a 9 - 3 vote in favour is required from the SPL clubs.

However, according to the Hootsmon a 14 club SPL would be split 6/8 after 2 rounds of matches with home and away fixtures then taking place.  But, again according to the Hootsmon, only the prize money for the bottom 8 would be reduced.  The loss to the shared pot would be at least £500k and so far 4 clubs are likely to vote against reconstruction as a result.  St Mirren, Ross County, Motherwell and St Johnstone!  Perhaps not surprisingly, the Hootsman regards our stance as selfish whilst seeing nothing wrong with the actions of Hearts and Rangers*.

More to come if the Hootsmon has the rights of the story.

Why would Saints vote for anything other than what we currently have? We are one of the main teams to have benefitted from the current set up and to be honest how many times have we had nothing to play for when nearing the end of the season? The 12 team set up works, the split works. The ONLY negative I can see and it's a very slight negative is the 3-4 times we play each other a season but tbh that's what we can expect with a country our size. 

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Edited by andy rhodes fancy watch

1 hour ago, andy rhodes fancy watch said:

Why would Saints vote for anything other than what we currently have? We are one of the main teams to have benefitted from the current set up and to be honest how many times have we had nothing to play for when nearing the end of the season? The 12 team set up works, the split works. The ONLY negative I can see and it's a very slight negative is the 3-4 times we play each other a season but tbh that's what we can expect with a country our size. 

If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it.

Can't  understand the need for it   came out o no where

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

Can't  understand the need for it   came out o no where

I think the League 2 clubs were pissed off with being ignored and did not fancy another 2 teams being added to the leagues just to suit Hearts with a consequential reduction in prize money.  From their viewpoint a 14 team 3rd tier actually increases their prize pot.

I can understand Budge trying anything to stay in the league- if we were in that position,  I'd expect us to try the same. Don't really get what Sevco are up to? Celtic have the league, Sevco are effectively out of Europe,  they'll get their spot whenever next season starts. Going on about evidence that there was coercion of clubs, Dundee shite. I don't get it. It's like a convicted paedophile giving evidence in court to save his mate.

11 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I can understand Budge trying anything to stay in the league- if we were in that position,  I'd expect us to try the same. Don't really get what Sevco are up to? Celtic have the league, Sevco are effectively out of Europe,  they'll get their spot whenever next season starts. Going on about evidence that there was coercion of clubs, Dundee shite. I don't get it. It's like a convicted paedophile giving evidence in court to save his mate.

Sevco are trying to look like they are on their fans side & playing up to the fact they may catch Celtic. They are in a position where they will be at the end of the season. Runners up & in Europe.

They are just making themselves look stupid & unless the evidence they have against SPFL is huge they will have to climb down to save face.

I never thought they could get worse when they got rid of Trainor but to employ the DUP guy is the gift that just keeps on giving to those of us who have Rangers.

13 hours ago, Cagey said:

Sevco are trying to look like they are on their fans side & playing up to the fact they may catch Celtic. They are in a position where they will be at the end of the season. Runners up & in Europe.

They are just making themselves look stupid & unless the evidence they have against SPFL is huge they will have to climb down to save face.

I never thought they could get worse when they got rid of Trainor but to employ the DUP guy is the gift that just keeps on giving to those of us who have Rangers.

From what I've heard from a Sevco fan with a fair bit of shares in the  Sevco shambles, it's a technicality issue, the Dundee fiasco, compounded by the contract with Sky. They are really at risk, hence their delusional "evidence". They could go bust again. 

32 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

I'm sadly not sure that's realistic.

Dont think theyve sold any season tickets yet, and that brings in £10m+

How far will £10 mil go with the wages they pay ?. Doesn't go anywhere near the official debt,then they have all the soft loans. Unless they get silly money for el buffalo they have to go into Admin sooner or later.

Ps do they have anyone else on their books that they can get money for ?.

Edited by Cagey

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

How far will £10 mil go with the wages they pay ?. Doesn't go anywhere near the official debt,then they have all the soft loans. Unless they get silly money for el buffalo they have to go into Admin sooner or later.

Ps do they have anyone else on their books that they can get money for ?.

I've no idea tbh, their last wage bill was £40m for the season though. 

5 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Dont think theyve sold any season tickets yet, and that brings in £10m+

Bears' Den reporting ST renewal requests now being received.  Going on the responses so far this has not been greeted with universal joy.  Wonder if Rangers* had been hoping for a flood of renewals before they are forced to reveal their dossier of evidence.

Amusingly, quite a few of the faithful do not appear to have realised they had signed up to "auto renew".  Some did not seem to know what that meant.