League Reconstruction

Jamie_Beatson

16 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Bloke called Anderson apparently wishing to give financial assistance to all 42 clubs.

Let's hope he's not paying for Hearts to remain a Premier league club.

They are saying there are no conditions but I think Budge will be hoping the clubs will be persuaded by it to change their vote.

8 hours ago, Cagey said:

They are saying there are no conditions but I think Budge will be hoping the clubs will be persuaded by it to change their vote.

Aye a bit suspicious if you ask me.  This guy Anderson was a top fund manager with a premier league investment group, Baillie Gifford.  Surely he would not be shy of approaching the SPFL direct?  Hopefully, as a pal of Budge, he was just giving her a chance to earn some brownie points by allowing her to announce his interest.

25 minutes ago, south inch said:

Aye a bit suspicious if you ask me.  This guy Anderson was a top fund manager with a premier league investment group, Baillie Gifford.  Surely he would not be shy of approaching the SPFL direct?  Hopefully, as a pal of Budge, he was just giving her a chance to earn some brownie points by allowing her to announce his interest.

You may be onto something.  The SPFL have to maintain some decorum for stability. I fear Hearts will stay up, and some league changes within 2 seasons. Budge wins.....

Here in Cyprus they have gone for temporary reconstruction.

The football season in Cyprus has been cancelled and the current league positions stand. 

Their league system is similar to Scotland with a split. There will be no relegation and 2 teams promoted.

Season 20-21 Play each other twice not split. 3 teams relegated and 1 promoted.

Season 21-22 back to normal format.

9 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Here in Cyprus they have gone for temporary reconstruction.

The football season in Cyprus has been cancelled and the current league positions stand. 

Their league system is similar to Scotland with a split. There will be no relegation and 2 teams promoted.

Season 20-21 Play each other twice not split. 3 teams relegated and 1 promoted.

Season 21-22 back to normal format.

That’s exactly what I assumed we would do, but here, the idea of temporary reconstruction got lost in criticism of reconstruction in general. A temporary, emergency reconstruction is NOT reconstruction. And for all that it’s funny as fek Hearts are going down, why put themselves through that hassle? Just go to 14 for a year. I still think it’s possible that’s what they might end up doing, for the sake of peace.

My gut feeling is clubs won’t go bust in any numbers, but it’s still possible that major, permanent reconstruction might have to happen because of that, meaning that all the recent blather and angst about temporary, emergency reconstruction being A Terrible Thing has been a complete waste of time.

Currant bun reporting No Strings attached and  Jam Tarts plan likely to fail, meaning their season is due to start in October.

If Budgie takes court action, will this delay Premier fixture list/season , as there is always a chance she could win her case?

22 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Currant bun reporting No Strings attached and  Jam Tarts plan likely to fail, meaning their season is due to start in October.

If Budgie takes court action, will this delay Premier fixture list/season , as there is always a chance she could win her case?

Unless they go to the court of arbitration of sport then Hearts would lose their SFA license from what I saw. It would show up what this whole reconstruction plan is about if hearts go to court once that fails. 

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Rangers* have proposed a 14 - 14 - 18 structure for next season.  The additional 4 teams - Kelty Hearts, Brora Rangers, Celtic B and Rangers* B.

Usual carry on, document to be circulated next week, zoom conferences etc. etc.

Mel Brooks thinking about a new movie - SPFL Reconstruction.

I don’t think this is a bad idea. Colt teams work well in other countries, will improve the finances of smaller teams and give younger players more experience (which may help the national team). The leagues have always been too small, which means clubs are always too worried about relegation to start building. 

1 hour ago, south inch said:

Rangers* have proposed a 14 - 14 - 18 structure for next season.  The additional 4 teams - Kelty Hearts, Brora Rangers, Celtic B and Rangers* B.

Usual carry on, document to be circulated next week, zoom conferences etc. etc.

Mel Brooks thinking about a new movie - SPFL Reconstruction.

worth 1.2m for the clubs in first division. buying 100 tickets for every game. 

Sadly I think they will get the votes of the lower league teams with that offer.

27 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Sadly I think they will get the votes of the lower league teams with that offer.

Worried some heads will be turned,think it’s 200 tickets for away games,already doesn’t work in the petrofac cup with crowds,so it’s a no from me 

43 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Nothing wrong at present with them loaning players out to lower club teams to gain experience. 

Even had experienced 1st team player loaned out to a certain Premier club.

Why give the ugly sisters an advantage over other clubs, by allowing their fringe/young players to compete as a team in the lower leagues.

What happens when they get relegated?

Do they stay in, thus denying , say Jeanfield Swifts promotion?

Sadly, as you suggest, money will decide.

Edited by HOODLUM65

59 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Nothing wrong at present with them loaning players out to lower club teams to gain experience. 

Even had experienced 1st team player loaned out to a certain Premier club.

Why give the ugly sisters an advantage over other clubs, by allowing their fringe/young players to compete as a team in the lower leagues.

What happens when they get relegated?

Do they stay in, thus denying , say Jeanfield Swifts promotion?

Sadly, as you suggest, money will decide.

Really don't like the other part of the proposal where it says that Kelty Hearts and Banff will come up unless there are any other premiership clubs that want to include their colts and are prepared to match the money being paid by Celtic and Rangers. 

The SPFL is not a franchised league. 

11 hours ago, dave mc said:

Worried some heads will be turned,think it’s 200 tickets for away games,already doesn’t work in the petrofac cup with crowds,so it’s a no from me 

For all their bluster about how theyd buy all the tickets and so clubs would make money off Colt sides, the Challenge Cup saw crowds absolutely plummet when Colt sides played league sides, to the point where even if the away end was full youd be struggling to reach their average attendance.

Queens Park played Celtic U21s and got an attendance of 321, their final league game before the shutdown saw 734 turn up, their 4th highest attendance of the season.

Colt sides are awful and by the sounds of things would kill the lower leagues, as many fans of clubs down there would continue to boycott games if it had happened. And once you break the habit of going to games...

Youd just have Celtic and Rangers hoarding any half decent young Scottish player doing well in the lower leagues, their Challenge Cup sides were allowed to have multiple senior players so I daresay theyd try and wangle a similar rule into Colt sides.

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Queens Park played Celtic U21s and got an attendance of 321, their final league game before the shutdown saw 734 turn up, their 4th highest attendance of the season.

There are quite a few teams in division 3 who average less than 600. I am not in favour of the clot teams coming into the league but the attendance argument does not wash. 

45 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

There are quite a few teams in division 3 who average less than 600. I am not in favour of the clot teams coming into the league but the attendance argument does not wash. 

It does. There wasnt a single away game from Colt sides in the Challenge Cup, at any point over the past few years, that hasnt been the home clubs lowest attendance of the season. 

Lower league fans have boycotted the entire tournament en masses in protest, and would likely do the same to the league if it gets voted in.

Rangers proposal is to buy 200 tickets for every away game. So League Two sides would be forcing their own fans away for the sake of 800 tickets being sold over the course of a season. It would just take 14 home fans to stop going to every game for the extra away ticket sold to be negligible.