League Reconstruction

Jamie_Beatson

20 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Probably more Rangers fans in Aberdeen area than there are Saints fans in Perth.

Just as everything in premiership is organised for benefit & to suit OF so it will be that Colt teams are playing on different days from big team.

Part of the document states that the colts games cannot be moved because of a first team match. It also states that board members have to be present at every league match, irrespective of whether the first team is playing or not. 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

Saints are actually stated in the document as being one of the teams that had indicated they would consider entering a team. 

I dont understand why, unless Brown believes it would make us money.

Our reserve side rarely competed at that level, never mind League level.

I'd argue the likes of Kane being loaned to clubs to play beside Stephen Dobbie was better for him than playing in a youth team against senior players.

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

The fact is though that would be selling 200 tickets at £15 a head before the game had been played, irrespective of the tickets being sold.   

My point is that, based on the Colt attendances in the Challenge Cup, that home supports were generally dropping by more than that.

Queens Parks attendance v Colts was over 400 fans lower than their league average.

If you add in the amount of home fans who plan to boycott the entire season, then getting 200 away tickets sold over 4 home games against OF Colts, doesn't add up. It's the equivalent of 14 home fans missing your other home games.

I can only base it on their fans on P&B and Twitter, but most League One/Two fans say theyll be completely done if Colts are voted into the league.

Clubs would absolutely not be better off.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

My point is that, based on the Colt attendances in the Challenge Cup, that home supports were generally dropping by more than that.

Queens Parks attendance v Colts was over 400 fans lower than their league average.

If you add in the amount of home fans who plan to boycott the entire season, then getting 200 away tickets sold over 4 home games against OF Colts, doesn't add up. It's the equivalent of 14 home fans missing your other home games.

I can only base it on their fans on P&B and Twitter, but most League One/Two fans say theyll be completely done if Colts are voted into the league.

Clubs would absolutely not be better off.

I am not aware of the views on pie and Bovril but if that is the general view then so be it. What they have to consider though is what the season could be like without some sort of cash injection.  

I cannot see the majority of these clubs managing to play games and to carry out the testing etc that is required. 

27 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I am not aware of the views on pie and Bovril but if that is the general view then so be it. What they have to consider though is what the season could be like without some sort of cash injection.  

I cannot see the majority of these clubs managing to play games and to carry out the testing etc that is required. 

They wouldnt be able to afford it off the back of 200 tickets being sold, four times a season, either.

Don't know why parents allow their kids to join the OF at 12. There is probably little chance of them making the Colts never mind the first team.

They gobble up all the best talent in the country & discard them unless they are brilliant. Even those that are brilliant probably make a couple of first team appearances .

It would be interesting to see how many passed through their system & actually played in first team for at least a season.

It would be better for Scottish football if the talented players stayed clear of OF but that won't happen.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Don't know why parents allow their kids to join the OF at 12. There is probably little chance of them making the Colts never mind the first team.

They gobble up all the best talent in the country & discard them unless they are brilliant. Even those that are brilliant probably make a couple of first team appearances .

It would be interesting to see how many passed through their system & actually played in first team for at least a season.

It would be better for Scottish football if the talented players stayed clear of OF but that won't happen.

Cagey that is old at 12. They start taking them.in significantly younger now. Think this year they will be taking in kids born in 2013and 2014.  

The kids are far too young and should be left to play with pals but they go in there and think they have made it. The SFA need to limit the number of kids that these clubs are allowed to take in for training at youth level.

It would be a knock on effect with kids there going to other premiership clubs and some of there kids going down to academy level and kids that should be nowhere near pro youth going back to playing with pals in  youth clubs. 

That would help these lower league clubs better than playing in their league. 

17 hours ago, mainstand said:

The money that's being offered up to these clubs isn't exactly a huge windfall. It's not going to mean the difference between playing games and not playing them. I think they should be far more concerned about the money they potentially stand to lose by backing a new structure that could drive some of their existing fans away.

6 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

The money that's being offered up to these clubs isn't exactly a huge windfall. It's not going to mean the difference between playing games and not playing them. I think they should be far more concerned about the money they potentially stand to lose by backing a new structure that could drive some of their existing fans away.

Going on the figures banded about for testing, the payment will cover approx 10 weeks of testing for most clubs. 

On 6/7/2020 at 8:17 AM, HOODLUM65 said:

Benefit the national team my erchie!

Sevco just signed 20 y.o. foreigner from Leicester.

Too reliant on Sevco's proposal, what happens when they go bust again?

Further to my comment above,  Sevco have a 16 y.o Czech guy Krtstof Hampl in their COLT side and I'm sure there are others who would not be able to qualify for Scotland.

Another example why admitting them to the lower leagues would not benefit the National team.

If reports are to be believed Budge has abandoned her reconstruction plan and said Hearts will support the Rangers* version.  If that fails then what?  Already a 14 - 10 - 10 -12 set up has been suggested, will Celtic or Aberdeen or someone adopt that version and start the whole consultation carousel process again?

Perhaps we will just abandon actually playing football in 20/21 and simply discuss reconstruction plans instead.

4 hours ago, south inch said:

If reports are to be believed Budge has abandoned her reconstruction plan and said Hearts will support the Rangers* version.  If that fails then what?  Already a 14 - 10 - 10 -12 set up has been suggested, will Celtic or Aberdeen or someone adopt that version and start the whole consultation carousel process again?

Perhaps we will just abandon actually playing football in 20/21 and simply discuss reconstruction plans instead.

WHAT? No Hearts court action.

Disappointed. 

19 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

WHAT? No Hearts court action.

Disappointed. 

Budge may yet be forced to go to court just to save face with the Hearts' support.  I remain convinced that her legal advice is not encouraging and if she gets a chance to forget about it she will grab it with both hands.

I’m no lawyer, but as I understand it, Hearts or whoever would have to prove either that the SPFFPLLFP actions were illegal, or that, whilst legal in principle, were applied unfairly or improperly. Or both. I doubt there is a case for the former, and the latter would be very hard to prove, given 81% of clubs voted for it, and Hearts were not picked randomly for relegation, but were bottom of the league. Even if the League were found to have not applied the rules properly, they could just do it again, “properly”, and would probably get more than 81% because Budge has pissed everyone off. This is all about applying pressure for reconstruction, which could work, but probably won’t. Legal action would probably cost many tens of thousands, not that much for Hearts in the scheme of things, but an expensive gesture nonetheless - depends on the advice they have had.

i still think they should just have a one-year, emergency, temporary reconstruction that lets the relegated sides off the hook. Better that than 30 years of “we wis robbed” shite.

On 6/8/2020 at 10:30 AM, HOODLUM65 said:

Further to my comment above,  Sevco have a 16 y.o Czech guy Krtstof Hampl in their COLT side and I'm sure there are others who would not be able to qualify for Scotland.

Another example why admitting them to the lower leagues would not benefit the National team.

Speaking to yourself again.need the dose increasing

After a further knock back to Reconstruction plans, (this time Sevco's ) , Dungcaster has finally found his voice and SURPRISE, SURPRISE, he has suggested a top league of 14 teams.

What is it about him , that he hasn't grasped that this solution has already been voted down.

Perhaps Budgies renewed threat of court action is worrying him.