League Reconstruction

Jamie_Beatson

What's Steve Brown up to this week?

Going hard for a new manager before we're a month until the new season?

Getting new strips on the go so fans can buy them and put money in the club?

Bring out season ticket plans that the majority of the league have already managed?

Trying to motivate fans to keep interest in the club by way of motivational speech while everyones interest is waning?

All wrong.

Hes in the papers today calling for Rangers/Celtics Colts to be put into the League set up.

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

What's Steve Brown up to this week?

Going hard for a new manager before we're a month until the new season?

Getting new strips on the go so fans can buy them and put money in the club?

Bring out season ticket plans that the majority of the league have already managed?

Trying to motivate fans to keep interest in the club by way of motivational speech while everyones interest is waning?

All wrong.

Hes in the papers today calling for Rangers/Celtics Colts to be put into the League set up.

random delegation is something that all managers and business owners will be used to. 

He has others in the club as well as him and if a reporter calls you and asks you for a comment does not mean to say that there is nothing being done on the rest of the list. 

as for strips if they are not ordered and with saints kit man by now then i would be shocked. 

16 minutes ago, mainstand said:

random delegation is something that all managers and business owners will be used to. 

He has others in the club as well as him and if a reporter calls you and asks you for a comment does not mean to say that there is nothing being done on the rest of the list. 

as for strips if they are not ordered and with saints kit man by now then i would be shocked. 

Fair comment but I am very dissapointed in the lack of information on the official site. There seems to be nothing about the team back in training , how our players have been coping during the lockdown etc etc.

Again, we have a general manager who could surely be updating the support.

Instead - nothing of relevance, which is very poor indeed.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Fair comment but I am very dissapointed in the lack of information on the official site. There seems to be nothing about the team back in training , how our players have been coping during the lockdown etc etc.

Again, we have a general manager who could surely be updating the support.

Instead - nothing of relevance, which is very poor indeed.

Weekly bloggs from jason on how he is surviving lock down emailed to fans and posted on the site and social media. 

Article in the paper on Tuesday advising that the club have a testing machine due in from Korea and once coaches have been tested etc will look at getting players back. 

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

As far as I can tell there's nothing at all on the official site about season tickets, when they're likely to be available, what the plan is for the virtual season ticket and how it will work, etc. Nothing has been said about new strips either. From what I can see, most other clubs at our level are using their channels to talk to their fans about these things. Saints have always been a bit on the slow side to communicate these things (especially when it comes to new strips), but I have to admit I'd hoped that the various changes behind the scenes might have brought about some improvement in that area.

13 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

As far as I can tell there's nothing at all on the official site about season tickets, when they're likely to be available, what the plan is for the virtual season ticket and how it will work, etc. Nothing has been said about new strips either. From what I can see, most other clubs at our level are using their channels to talk to their fans about these things. Saints have always been a bit on the slow side to communicate these things (especially when it comes to new strips), but I have to admit I'd hoped that the various changes behind the scenes might have brought about some improvement in that area.

I don't think they are alone on the announcement of new strips. from what i could see Dundee United, Saints, Rangers, Celtic, Hamilton, ST Mirren all to announce details of new strips. But i do agree it would not do any harm to give some information on what is happening with these and season tickets. 

2 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Broon was quoted the other month, (when Reconstruction was on the agenda), as saying he wasn't in favour of  Reconstruction at this time.

That's a bit of a quick u turn.

In fairness to him, he says in this latest interview that he's still not in favour of reconstruction at the moment. He says "I like it. I think it makes sense, but there is no time to implement it. Trying to get it all done and squeezed in wouldn't work."

2 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

In fairness to him, he says in this latest interview that he's still not in favour of reconstruction at the moment. He says "I like it. I think it makes sense, but there is no time to implement it. Trying to get it all done and squeezed in wouldn't work."

The rangers document actually refers to Saints as one of the sides in the premier league that had previously indicated they would be interested in entering a colts team in the pyramid. 

Think a few teams have now said okay in theory but how can it be implemented for a August 1 start?

6 hours ago, mainstand said:

Weekly bloggs from jason on how he is surviving lock down emailed to fans and posted on the site and social media. 

Article in the paper on Tuesday advising that the club have a testing machine due in from Korea and once coaches have been tested etc will look at getting players back. 

Maybe the reason you don't think there is a problem because you don't check site as there hasn't been a blog from Jason for a while. Maybe he has been furloughed along with office staff.

Communication with fans :roll:.

59 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Maybe the reason you don't think there is a problem because you don't check site as there hasn't been a blog from Jason for a while. Maybe he has been furloughed along with office staff.

Communication with fans :roll:.

Got it sent last week so deffo not been on it to check. 

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Looks like Saints are the last premiership team to start training on 22nd June.

That’s probably when our new contracts start! 

Said before, Broony isn’t going to pay new players from the start of June when their old club contracts expire if they’re usually away on holiday!! 

Pretty poor show as usual in communicating with the support as mentioned above, even could gave advised people what the options were for refund of tickets like hibs ones, season ticket refunds (before anyone jumps on that I am quite happy for them to keep anything offered as not in need if it) but some folk have been hit hard financially and might want something back, but not even a mention if options, too much assumptions the support will just accept this lack of communication as they always do, but in comparison to a lot if our competitors its piss poor. At least give people options and keep them informed its not 30 years ago and no Internet,.maybe broons furloughed the comms guy!!

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Looks like Saints are the last premiership team to start training on 22nd June.

yeah i think Hamilton are the only other team that is delaying it slightly and not starting until July.

I think these other teams that have sais 15 June for training are all dependent on the testing machines and kits being on time and everyone testing okay.

From what they said at the weekend they don't need to start testing for training until after 18 June when they move to stage 2, which iam still trying to work out. 

Split after 26 games is crazy. 4 out of bottom 8 with nothing to play for the rest of season. Also voting for fewer OF games.

Steve has said reconstruction is required but not for this season. Hope he sticks to that otherwise I don't think I will be getting a season ticket this season.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Split after 26 games is crazy. 4 out of bottom 8 with nothing to play for the rest of season. Also voting for fewer OF games.

Steve has said reconstruction is required but not for this season. Hope he sticks to that otherwise I don't think I will be getting a season ticket this season.

Given the amount of negativity and moaning you do, it's any wonder you get one in the first place given how badly saints are run and engage with fans!

FWIW I agree with the notion a 26 game split isn't going to do the league any good and I don't see this one getting any further than all the other suggestions. 

If we have change. I would add that the Premier and Championship teams must be full time. If a team wants to compete in the 2 top divisions they should not be part time. Professional clubs should be professional and that can not be done on a part time basis. Two leagues of 12 the rest into regional leagues where they belong

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

If we have change. I would add that the Premier and Championship teams must be full time. If a team wants to compete in the 2 top divisions they should not be part time. Professional clubs should be professional and that can not be done on a part time basis. Two leagues of 12 the rest into regional leagues where they belong

Why?

Why the **** should Arbroath, one of the best sides in the second tier this season and on the verge of a play off spot and potential promotion, be denied a spot in the top two tiers until they go full time, something they cannot afford to run on their support?

Its elitist pish that you expect fans of the Old Firm, or Hearts, to be spouting and I've zero idea why a St Johnstone fan is trying to force clubs out the league system based on their size, considering less than 40 years ago we ourselves were bottom of the league system, part time, and had one of the smallest supports in the Country. 

Theres only 20 full time clubs in Scotland anyway, bright spark, so your two leagues of 12 doesnt even add up. 

It annoys the **** out of me when people suggest stuff like this.

Edited by RandomGuy

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Why?

Why the **** should Arbroath, one of the best sides in the second tier this season and on the verge of a play off spot and potential promotion, be denied a spot in the top two tiers until they go full time, something they cannot afford to run on their support?

Its elitist pish that you expect fans of the Old Firm, or Hearts, to be spouting and I've zero idea why a St Johnstone fan is trying to force clubs out the league system based on their size, considering less than 40 years ago we ourselves were bottom of the league system, part time, and had one of the smallest supports in the Country. 

Theres only 20 full time clubs in Scotland anyway, bright spark, so your two leagues of 12 doesnt even add up. 

It annoys the **** out of me when people suggest stuff like this.

Blimey. What was the unedited version of that?

23 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Blimey. What was the unedited version of that?

It genuinely gets me raging.

Same with Steve Browns pish about 5 tiers and 12 Colt sides being put into the 5th tier.

Clubs below League Two have fought for decades to get a pyramid system, and theyve finally got a half arsed version of it (you need to win a play off to get into League Two), but how do people want to reward these sides? Stick a bunch of shite kids in their way.