League Reconstruction

Jamie_Beatson

41 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Hearts relegated. Time to move on.

Exactly. The dancing & joy at the demise of Hearts over on P & B is a bit over the top but understandable.

If Budge had appealed to the clubs delve of justice rather than with threats,she may have had more success.

21 minutes ago, Cagey said:

If Budge had appealed to the clubs delve of justice rather than with threats,she may have had more success.

That’s what I’ve been saying for a long time now. As soon as she started the threats most clubs immediately said stuff you woman. In 1 way I hoped she would succeed as it would have given even more credence to Tranmere’s battle where they are demoted by micro points as the season has been ended yet they are to be replaced by the winners of a play off.

Hearts going raise a legal challenge. This could bankrupt them. They don't know when to let it go.

Craig Levien says the lower league clubs will reap what they show. If Cowdenbeath ask them for a loan player they will tell them to get to. The man is a clown.

Hearts are taking legal action and could scupper the start of the Premiership.

Also, Scotland's Euro entries could be affected.

If it's a long drawn out affair, half the club's could end up going to the wall.

If Budgie wins her case. It's gonna be a big price to pay ( including Compo ) just so one woman gets her own way.

I don’t blame the woman for fighting for her clubs survival in the SPL, but surely all his should have been sorted ages ago. Only 16 of the 42 clubs voting for a change to the league so obviously not much support for Hearts etc there. 
Time to move on for the sake of everyone, no room for sentimentality in football, I still believe if Saints had been in the same situation as Hearts you wouldn’t have heard a peep... move on... 

Budge can't just accept today's vote, she has to start the legal process to save face with Hearts' fans.  How far she pushes it remains to be seen.  The really big bucks only start to disappear when you actually get to court, she will get a chance or two to back down before that stage although she will still be down a hefty 5 figure sum.

Can't see a court coming down on her side.  Doncaster has done the right thing putting the 14 and 3 x 10 proposal to the members of the Club and they have voted it down as per the Club's constitution.  A retired lawyer pal (not a Hearts man) reckons she should have taken the legal route as soon as her reconstruction working party collapsed.  By delaying, perhaps on purpose, she has allowed the nonsense of the Rangers* proposal to be voted down (again within the rules of the Club's constitution) and two other reconstruction plans to fall without getting past the starting line.  Odds are a court will take the view that the SPFL has done its best in the exceptional circumstances of a pandemic and the guidance handed down by the Scottish Government which even now has still to agree finally to football restarting.

Hearts, a Scottish embarrassment.  What is their end game, what do they want?    Played 30, won 4 (four)  Beat Hibs twice, Beat Rangers, beat StMirren.  Couldn't beat anyone else.

What is the legal action, to be asking to keep playing another round of fixtures as think they can survive?

Will they ever accept they are the worst side of 19/20 season?

9 hours ago, Dave H said:

Hearts, a Scottish embarrassment.  What is their end game, what do they want?    Played 30, won 4 (four)  Beat Hibs twice, Beat Rangers, beat StMirren.  Couldn't beat anyone else.

What is the legal action, to be asking to keep playing another round of fixtures as think they can survive?

Will they ever accept they are the worst side of 19/20 season?

No they will never accept they were shite.

Robert Thomson on twitter stating the cash difference is £200k for each team  between 12 and 14 team leagues whilst Ewan Murray the reporter quoting that the cash difference in prize money between 12 and 14 teams in the league was only £30,000 and the £200k figure only comes around when you add in the loss of an old firm game. 

Surely if you have 84% of x and share it between 1 teams and then share 84% of X between 14 teams it will be more than £30K. 

43 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Robert Thomson on twitter stating the cash difference is £200k for each team  between 12 and 14 team leagues whilst Ewan Murray the reporter quoting that the cash difference in prize money between 12 and 14 teams in the league was only £30,000 and the £200k figure only comes around when you add in the loss of an old firm game. 

Surely if you have 84% of x and share it between 1 teams and then share 84% of X between 14 teams it will be more than £30K. 

Doesn't the value of 'X' increase in a 14-team league, though? I.e., the teams finishing 13th and 14th in the country would still be awarded what they would have got before - the only difference being that 13th and 14th would previously have been 1st and 2nd in the Championship. That's what I thought I heard suggested on the radio a few weeks back.

51 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Doesn't the value of 'X' increase in a 14-team league, though? I.e., the teams finishing 13th and 14th in the country would still be awarded what they would have got before - the only difference being that 13th and 14th would previously have been 1st and 2nd in the Championship. That's what I thought I heard suggested on the radio a few weeks back.

Big drop between 12 the & top of championship I think but can't remember how much.

At least 6 clubs would think they might  lose an old firm game but apparently only 3 premiership teams vote against reconstruction.

Believe French court decided that ending the season was legal, but relegating 2 clubs was not, as Governing bodies made the decision without consulting member clubs or put it to a vote. (Perhaps this could be confirmed)

Same can't be said here, so think Budgies efforts could be in vain.

Nothing against the Lady fighting for her club, but it's been a farce, as she threatened legal action before votes had been taken.

21 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Big drop between 12 the & top of championship I think but can't remember how much.

At least 6 clubs would think they might  lose an old firm game but apparently only 3 premiership teams vote against reconstruction.

Did just see a paper that said the proposal would have lifted the bottom 2 up to the same as the twelfth placed team. 

12th     £1.125m

13th     £0.562m

14th     £0.475m

increase to same as 12th £1.2m

split over 12 clubs would be £100k so not £30k. 

1 hour ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Believe French court decided that ending the season was legal, but relegating 2 clubs was not, as Governing bodies made the decision without consulting member clubs or put it to a vote. (Perhaps this could be confirmed)

Same can't be said here, so think Budgies efforts could be in vain.

Nothing against the Lady fighting for her club, but it's been a farce, as she threatened legal action before votes had been taken.

You reap what you sow.

4 hours ago, mainstand said:

Ewan Murray is a Hearts fan, if that helps clear up why hes desperately making things up to make it seem like clubs are being unfair by not reconstructing. 

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Ewan Murray is a Hearts fan, if that helps clear up why hes desperately making things up to make it seem like clubs are being unfair by not reconstructing. 

I am aware of that also he made up a story about the Sky deal and how many fans could watch the games on line etc. Just a typical jambo. 

6 minutes ago, sleepless said:

Thistle also taking legal action now

They said they would rather sign a couple of players than waste it on legal action . It looks like they decided to waste it legal action seeing as they will probably walk division 1 anyway.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

They said they would rather sign a couple of players than waste it on legal action . It looks like they decided to waste it legal action seeing as they will probably walk division 1 anyway.

I think a rich benefactor has offered to fund their legal challenge.  Don't think they have the option to spend the money  on anything else.

6 minutes ago, south inch said:

I think a rich benefactor has offered to fund their legal challenge.  Don't think they have the option to spend the money  on anything else.

I wonder if it's Mr Anderson or the Weir estate. Anderson seems to be throwing money about maybe just gave another £300k to women's football today.