Sign in to follow this  
Jamie_Beatson

League Reconstruction

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

I'd love to see the projected financial impact of a 14-team league for all clubs. It has obviously been done. I doubt it would be beneficial to wee clubs. Just seems a ploy by Tarts possibly Hamilton to avoid relegation. Still don't understand fully why Sevco are so hot on it. Interested if any other leagues say "season is over", positions stand. I know Bundesliga & Serie A are due to resume, but has any league actually pulled the pin?

I really cant see the need to reconstruct,  only reason to save hearts, they would not be voting against if it was us,time to wrap up the league and start afresh when the green light is pressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, sixties saintee said:

I really cant see the need to reconstruct,  only reason to save hearts, they would not be voting against if it was us,time to wrap up the league and start afresh when the green light is pressed.

Did you mean "they would not be voting FOR (reconstruction) if it was us"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Budge at it again & media & SPFL look like they are humouring her.

When the **** are they going to draw a line under this fiasco.

Used to read these Just William books when I was a wean.  There was a girl in them who used to say to the boys "if I don't get my way I'm going to scream and scream and scream until I'm sick".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cagey said:

Budge at it again & media & SPFL look like they are humouring her.

When the **** are they going to draw a line under this fiasco.

Can't see how they can draw up the numbers of teams in leagues until they find out how many have survived lockdown. (Financially)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Very true my friend

Indeed.  In fairness,  the SFA are really in a tough spot. Closed door games are too expensive to run, so that's out. See the English 2nd Div has ruled it out on that basis and are pushing to close the season on a points-per-game basis. I'm sure the SFA will be looking closely at that and if it does conclude, may be the extra impetus for the SFA to follow suit. The league reconstruction is just madness. A desperate ploy on the back of COVID. If Sevco came up with a balanced financial projection for a 14 team league, that benefits all clubs, then fine. But they can't, because there is no commercial upside. TV/ commercial deals won't increase. They're stuffed. They can't get into English league- say Championship, the stupid Euro Div 2 plan was daft. So, I hope English Div 2 do close the season. Gives the SFA a precedent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

See the English 2nd Div has ruled it out on that basis and are pushing to close the season on a points-per-game basis. I'm sure the SFA will be looking closely at that and if it does conclude, may be the extra impetus for the SFA to follow suit.

The bottom three tiers in Scotland ended this way about a month ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Indeed.  In fairness,  the SFA are really in a tough spot. Closed door games are too expensive to run, so that's out. See the English 2nd Div has ruled it out on that basis and are pushing to close the season on a points-per-game basis. I'm sure the SFA will be looking closely at that and if it does conclude, may be the extra impetus for the SFA to follow suit. The league reconstruction is just madness. A desperate ploy on the back of COVID. If Sevco came up with a balanced financial projection for a 14 team league, that benefits all clubs, then fine. But they can't, because there is no commercial upside. TV/ commercial deals won't increase. They're stuffed. They can't get into English league- say Championship, the stupid Euro Div 2 plan was daft. So, I hope English Div 2 do close the season. Gives the SFA a precedent. 

Just call the season quits and look to restart in about September, with what we have now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might have had a bit of sympathy with Hearts given their position if.

Budge hadn't threatened legal action.

Budge hadn't slagged of every club & their supporters.

Hadn't been so crap.

Had got rid of Levein.

Had made an effort against StMirren in their final game where a win would have kept them up.

Bye Bye Scotland's yo yo club.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ann Budge document comes out with some crackers. 

This is not about saving Hearts but saving Scottish football. 

The premier League needs Hearts more than the championship :shock:

In light of the increasingly uncertain times we are facing, I want to urge every Member Club to look at this proposal not as a way to save Hearts, Partick Thistle and Stranraer from relegation, but as a better way for Scottish Football to deal with the current emergency, while at the same time righting an unintended injustice.

 

Biggest load of crap I have read in a  while. 3 league's of 14 for 2 seasons top half play 36 games but 8 play 40. Possible play off between 5 th 6th and 7th for a euro spot for a new competition that's not started yet.

I suppose the main caveat for the position after 2 years will be as long as hearts are not getting relegated. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't see what she has been doing for the last couple of weeks, this plan is pretty much identical to the one rejected by the SPL clubs at the beginning of the month.

I suspect the legal advice Budge is receiving is not that encouraging and she is hoping for some sort of sympathy vote to avoid having to go to court.  She has painted herself into a corner there and will be forced to take court action to save face if this document is rejected.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, south inch said:

Don't see what she has been doing for the last couple of weeks, this plan is pretty much identical to the one rejected by the SPL clubs at the beginning of the month.

I suspect the legal advice Budge is receiving is not that encouraging and she is hoping for some sort of sympathy vote to avoid having to go to court.  She has painted herself into a corner there and will be forced to take court action to save face if this document is rejected.

She has added it would be for two years as nobody wants a 1 year deal.

She has also said she would give up their £300 grand parashute payment as the payments will be spread over 14 teams. What about next season ?.

She is on about offering facilities for COVID19 testing. Does that mean she is going to pay for every player in Scotland tested.

Playoffs for 5th 6th & 7th for Euro place.

Just a desperate regurgitation of her previous plan.

She must have had a busy weekend coming up with that load of bullshit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cagey said:

 

She is on about offering facilities for COVID19 testing. Does that mean she is going to pay for every player in Scotland tested.

That will be using public funded facilities at the prism. They have no training complex they simply rent it from try he uni and oriam. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Her desperation levels are starting to become an embarrassment to Hearts now.

This bit in particular is almost Sevco-esque in its arrogance: "Hearts not being in the Premier League at this time would seriously limit our ability to help Scottish football. In short, the Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship does."

There was me thinking teams got relegated for being bottom of the league, but apparently national "need" now has to be considered? This is like the armageddon nonsense all over again.

She's actually managed to make her proposal worse, too. Why should the whole league structure be blown apart, just for two years? At the end of those two years there will be a huge upheaval with extra clubs getting relegated and yet more moaning. And what if one of those clubs still ends up being Hearts? Will she tell us again that Hearts can't go down because the stupidly-named Premiership "needs" them?

I sincerely hope Saints, and as many other clubs as possible, give this a big fat no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

Her desperation levels are starting to become an embarrassment to Hearts now.

This bit in particular is almost Sevco-esque in its arrogance: "Hearts not being in the Premier League at this time would seriously limit our ability to help Scottish football. In short, the Premiership needs Hearts more than the Championship does."

There was me thinking teams got relegated for being bottom of the league, but apparently national "need" now has to be considered? This is like the armageddon nonsense all over again.

She's actually managed to make her proposal worse, too. Why should the whole league structure be blown apart, just for two years? At the end of those two years there will be a huge upheaval with extra clubs getting relegated and yet more moaning. And what if one of those clubs still ends up being Hearts? Will she tell us again that Hearts can't go down because the stupidly-named Premiership "needs" them?

I sincerely hope Saints, and as many other clubs as possible, give this a big fat no.

God help us if Hearts were in the relegation zone in 2 years time. A 42 team premiership would be on the agenda

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Cormack at Aberdeen is going to support her having voted against a 14 team league just 2 weeks ago.  Probably now regretting getting involved in football club ownership following a couple of phone conversations with Ann.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's everything in this for Hearts and *all for 99% of the lower leagues who's Chairmen are seeing thru' Budge's plan, which is just a rehash of her old one.

How many attempts is Dungcaster and his cronies gonna allow her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

There's everything in this for Hearts and *all for 99% of the lower leagues who's Chairmen are seeing thru' Budge's plan, which is just a rehash of her old one.

How many attempts is Dungcaster and his cronies gonna allow her.

They should just tell her WE WILL NOT BUDGE Ann - prepare your club for the championship if and when it restarts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this