LIFE TIME SEASON TICKET AND OTHER CASH GENERATING IDEAS

Football does not seem nearly as important just now and we just have to hope as many of us can get through this as safely as possible.

I don't think we will see football resume for many months and possibly not until a vaccine has been found. 

Saints have issued a financial support initiative re Youth Development which is great but what more could be done to make sure the club has the finances to get through this outbreak.

I have a few ideas which might help and I am sure other WAP contributors could come up with some ideas as well.

LIFE TIME SEASON TICKETS - Have seen this in the past being utilised at Golf Clubs where a cash injection is required.

You purchase a season ticket for life so the club benefits now when cash is needed.

It would have to be split into age categories possible, under 35, 35 to 50, 50 to 60 and 60 plus.

Cost possibly, under 35 £5,000, 35 to 50 £4,500, 50 to 60 £4,000 and 60 plus £3,000.

This wont be for everyone but even selling 50 would be a substantial cash injection and have little effect on normal ticket sales income when things get back to  normal. 

Could possibly limit the offer to say the first 50, or ballot if oversubscribed.

BOOK OF 5 TICKETS -  Initially thought about this for non season ticket holders, Saints sell books of 5 tickets for £125 that could be used for any non old firm game occurring in the next 3 years.

Folk can purchase more than one book of tickets if they want, would be a good way to generate some income from non season ticket holders.

However, with all the uncertainty about when the next season will start and how many games it will be etc, the 5 ticket book could also be sold to season ticket holders on the basis that it could be exchanged for a £125 discount from the next season ticket when that becomes available.

WEEKLY 50/50 DRAW - £5 per ticket paid into a saints bank account to buy a ticket and entered into the weekly draw at 3.45 on a Saturday afternoon. 50% to club funds and 50% to the winner,   

ON LINE LOTTO - East Fife run a lotto on line called Goldmine. I think Saints LOTTO is pretty successful but currently generating no income. The East Fife model is easy to use and if it could be done even temporarily could generate a good income stream.

This is just a few ideas that could generate cash in addition to the Youth Development contributions, there must be other ways as well.

COME ON YE SAINTS.

Livingston have asked fans to set up a standing order (minimum £20) till June 2021, from which they can exchange the donation to shares, hospitality, match sponsorship to the value donated.

Currently 273 individuals have agreed to a donation of £8,177 per month which means they we’re not far away from reaching £115,000 over the 14 month period!

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/livingston-fc-operating-fund/

If St Johnstone did similar, that would be fantastic and worthwhile. Personally I would opt for the shares. Unfortunately I can’t see our owners agreeing to that. However they may like the idea of exchanging donation for match sponsorship/ hospitality. 

Saints weekly lotto - Although easy enough to set up a direct debit via the club. The club should make it easier for fans and especially those who just want to play periodically, by setting up for sales online.  

Player Sponsorship - not sure if this is successful/sold out each season, however an idea would be that rather than sell sponsorship for the full season at £300, why not do it monthly at £50 with the top given to individual sponsor at end of each month? Appreciate that your having to sell out each player a minimum 6x to recoup the same amount of money over course of season. But thinking of birthday /Christmas gifts / treat yourself gifts, I’d think it would be popular especially as more affordable.

Livingston are targeting the business community with the wide range of sponsorship/ hospitality available. They have produced a tremendous wee brochure highlighting benefits and costs. I can’t say that I’ve seen anything similar from Saints - is that because the business club is a closed door clique? 

In the coming months saints need to promote season tickets, player sponsorship, programme subscriptions, - absolutely everything to the fans. 

Should matches be played behind closed door - cardboard cut out fans sponsorship should be brought back.

Edited by livi saint

Spotify are asking people to "tip" artists!!!! WTF - so spotify pay a pittance for the streams but want tips.

Point is this - online people are willing to pay a bit here or there, commerce happens on the internet and the best way to get money....................ask for it.

Nigerians have managed for years to get money out of folk, good on Livi, simple way to get money in.

P.s ANYONE WANT ANY ST JOHNSTONE KIT?!!! :) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=emilychops&hash=item28011faa8f&item=171817544335&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=st+johnstone&_sacat=0

4 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

Spotify are asking people to "tip" artists!!!! WTF - so spotify pay a pittance for the streams but want tips.

Point is this - online people are willing to pay a bit here or there, commerce happens on the internet and the best way to get money....................ask for it.

Nigerians have managed for years to get money out of folk, good on Livi, simple way to get money in.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=emilychops&hash=item28011faa8f&item=171817544335&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=st+johnstone&_sacat=0

I agree 

ps I don’t need a stjohnstone kit ,a bottle of Smirnoff or a crate of john smiths would be braw thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2020 at 5:21 PM, MySpazz said:

Put a wee order in wae My Spazz last week, just arrivied as usual great service, great product and a wee surprise thrown in for the Grandson.Cheers My Spazz

• 3 weeks later...