New Manager

Linky

Absolutely devastated, and feels wrong to start talking about new names but:

1) who do you want to see as the new manager?

2) who do you actually think will be appointed?

For me, the answer to number 2 is Davidson or perhaps Cleland (with Liam Craig as assistant)

Number one: (the ex-players) Jody Morris, Nick Dasovic, Graeme Jones.

Just please not Levein, Hughes or McCann.

1 minute ago, Crossest Man In Scotland said:

Steven MacLean - natural leader

Would be pleased to see him as a player/coach sometime, but are we really going to appoint someone with no coaching experience?

Davidson is currently assistant at Millwall - I doubt we'd pay.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Absolutely devastated, and feels wrong to start talking about new names but:

1) who do you want to see as the new manager?

2) who do you actually think will be appointed?

For me, the answer to number 2 is Davidson or perhaps Cleland (with Liam Craig as assistant)

Number one: (the ex-players) Jody Morris, Nick Dasovic, Graeme Jones.

Just please not Levein, Hughes or McCann.

You can add Adams to your DO NOT WANT list.

By the process of elimination in suggesting a new Manager, any other we don't want?

Really hard to judge.

Pretty confident we wont get lumped with a Hughes/Pressley type, surely.

Also dont think we'll be paying to take a manager out a job unless they're by far the best candidate, John Robertson obvious but I dont think he'd be enough of a guarantee to justify paying for.

I genuinely think Liam Craig is the best shout, if he retires. Feels similar to the McInnes appointment.

Davidson's track record in management/coaching is not inspiring in the slightest.

I have always been impressed with the leadership qualities of Liam Craig - articulate, passionate, organised and leader. 

Be careful of the dream team though. JC didn't go well. I think Robertson is a good shout. Has done exceptionally with pennies - Broon will like that. 

Big shoes to fill.

33 minutes ago, Bruno Strasser said:

At the first fan meeting with Steve Brown after the Stevie May debacle the question of a replacement was posed. They quickly confirmed a replacement had been identified. Sounds like a promotion from with in. Alec Cleland ?

Pretty big assumption there - I don't see anything in what Brown said at that meeting which implies it would be a promotion from within.

Personally I think the club will take their time over this. As usual the fans' favourites are players with existing Saints connections (and I wouldn't object to seeing someone like Liam Craig, or Macca, or even Graeme Jones or Dasovic being given a go) but, unless it's an internal promotion, I'd hope the club will cast its net a bit further afield. I also wonder if Tommy will play a big part in recommending someone. Perhaps a fellow Northern Irishman like David Healy?

Barry f******* Ferguson . Absolutely no way and for good measure not Dodds,, Fat Sally, Danny Lennon, Ian Mcall, Jim MCintyre,,Hartley, Jim Duffy,Austin McpHee and Ian Cathro. The list of don't wants is much longer than possibles. Sheerin potentially and of the experienced managers Robertson would be a good shout

Edited by yahoorsir
duplication