New Manager

Linky

1 minute ago, templeofsaints said:

Yup - club aren't going to rush into things especially as we're not going to be playing for a few months yet.

He'll be fully on top of what's going on behind the scenes just now. There'll be plenty of notice given regarding a date for football to restart, that's when to start thinking about a new manager.

13 minutes ago, Shibbydoo said:

Callum please! Or Jody if he fancies it (unlikely).

Callum please, surely he's very interested.

Purely my own hunch and could be massively inaccurate but I'm not convinced Callum is cut out for being a manager, or would even want that role. He seems better suited to being a coach/assistant manager. As far as anyone knows publicly has he ever put himself in the frame for a manager job in the past?

There seems to be a lot of people putting Callum Davidson as our new manager (something I would not be against). My question is, is he not still assistant manager at Millawall or has he left that post. If he is still in post this would probably make it financially unlikely to happen.

10 minutes ago, ejksjfc said:

There seems to be a lot of people putting Callum Davidson as our new manager (something I would not be against). My question is, is he not still assistant manager at Millawall or has he left that post. If he is still in post this would probably make it financially unlikely to happen.

I think it’s common for clubs to let assistants leave for a main gig. 

Add to me to the list of not wanting Davidson, he had a few games in charge when TW was missing and it wasnt a great audition.

The only internal appointment that sounds decent just now is Liam Craig, and that's almost entirely because McInnes was a success from a similar role in the squad.

Callum would be a popular choice if it's someone from within (I know, I know, recent within). An outside appointment? John Robertson has been mentioned and probably a good shout.

I'm as sentimental as the next fan and love to see the various Liam/Macca/Midge/Captain Dave combinations being suggested but nah, not for me, not yet. If they're interested in coaching and management let them cut their teeth elsewhere and see what the future brings. Heroes all and a huge part of the TW era, but that era sadly ended this morning and, for me anyway, it's time to move on.

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm struggling to see what the appeal of John Robertson is? He's done a decent short-term job at Caley but beyond that he's been around the block quite a bit and I can't remember him ever doing anything especially impressive. Might just be that I haven't been paying close enough attention though. Either way, for me he doesn't really fit the profile of the sort of guy Saints tend to go for.

15 minutes ago, cristo said:

Callum would be a popular choice if it's someone from within (I know, I know, recent within). An outside appointment? John Robertson has been mentioned and probably a good shout.

I'm as sentimental as the next fan and love to see the various Liam/Macca/Midge/Captain Dave combinations being suggested but nah, not for me, not yet. If they're interested in coaching and management let them cut their teeth elsewhere and see what the future brings. Heroes all and a huge part of the TW era, but that era sadly ended this morning and, for me anyway, it's time to move on.

Cup tie has at least managed a team - Stirling Albion whereas Callum only been assistant except when TW was ill and not convincing stand in.

Also remember Connolly!!!!

36 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Cup tie has at least managed a team - Stirling Albion whereas Callum only been assistant except when TW was ill and not convincing stand in.

Also remember Connolly!!!!

He sure has, not very convincingly to be fair. We're looking for someone who is ready to take the helm at a top premier league club.

And yes, I remember Connoly!!!

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Add to me to the list of not wanting Davidson, he had a few games in charge when TW was missing and it wasnt a great audition.

The only internal appointment that sounds decent just now is Liam Craig, and that's almost entirely because McInnes was a success from a similar role in the squad.

Not sure what makes you think Liam would make a good manager. He hasn't even coached the kids yet although I think he has helped out.

A few ex saints players with managerial experience currently unemployed and a few in jobs that could look for the step up

Ally mccoist

Graeme Jones

Paul sheerin

Cuptie

And clelland himself. 

No shortage of candidates I don't think.

Would take Liam in as a coach or assistant manager.

41 minutes ago, mainstand said:

A few ex saints players with managerial experience currently unemployed and a few in jobs that could look for the step up

Ally mccoist

Graeme Jones

Paul sheerin

Cuptie

And clelland himself. 

No shortage of candidates I don't think.

Would take Liam in as a coach or assistant manager.

Graeme Jones may be good shout with his contacts that he will have from coaching roles. This may be daft but someone was telling me abramovich is trying to buy saints and Jodie come in as manager. Person has contacts in football but does talk rubbish sometimes. But they also said Tommy wanted to go back to Ireland and that was last week and there we go this week he has gone. But think the abramovich story is rubbish.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Didn't we win those games and concede no goals?

Cleland appointed interim. I imagine this will be made permanent just before the start of the season. Craig as assistant.

If that’s not going to happen I’m really not in favour of an ex-player who has spent a season or two managing a lower league club.

Not sure Davidson has what it takes, nor would we pay for his contract.

1 hour ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Unlikely to be any football in the next 4 months.. I would love to hear from Tommy who he thinks would be the best candidate for the job. 

He said in a previous interview that Callum would be his successor