New Manager

Linky

7 hours ago, dave mc said:

He’s already said he’s not wanting it 

The games between the Chairman and new manager have already begun...

He doesnt say he doesnt want it, simply that hes enjoying working at Millwall. It's the journalist who's decided to make the headline.

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

The games between the Chairman and new manager have already begun...

He doesnt say he doesnt want it, simply that hes enjoying working at Millwall. It's the journalist who's decided to make the headline.

Totally agree, we have already said we are going to take our time why would a guy in a well paid job say he wants to move and upset his currant employer before he has even been asked to move 

21 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

All your; I don’t think he’s cut out to be a manager, if it goes wrong it goes wrong, pish!!

Unfounded, obtuse, narcissism..

The guy has worked his ass off since he stopped playing and has served his time as a kids coach, youth coach, pro coach, international coach and now the assistant manager of a relatively prominent football club, all at the age of 43.

But no no, YOU don’t think he can’t cut it.

Care to offer any reason why - other than a conceited hunch?

Think you're over-reacting a bit - he didn't say anything harsh about Davidson. For what it's worth I share his reservations about Davidson being the right fit for the job - but that's not to say I wouldn't be pleased if he got it. I have reservations about pretty much everyone who I've seen named.

Does Callum Davidson even want to be a manager? Just wondering why he hasn't done it yet at 43? I can't remember ever hearing of him even being in contention for any management jobs in the past. It could be that he prefers being on the coaching staff and isn't all that interested in being the man in charge (and there's nothing wrong with that).

Liam Craig is an interesting one and does seem to fit the mould of what happened when we appointed McInnes (who I think had pretty much zero coaching experience at the time?). He does seem a bit young for it, though - unless being player-manager appealed to him.

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Can anyone tell me if the Manager and/or the assistant manager must have certain Coaching licences to take up the posts in the Premier League?

Believe John Brogan had issues when taking over at Albion Rovers as he didnt have the right badges, so presumably there is something.

Former Scottish FA performance director Mark Wotte (59) wants the vacant St Johnstone manager's job. (Sun) for those that believe the Sun

Teams managed

1983–1988    VV Rijswijk
1992    ADO Den Haag
1994–1996    FC Lisse
1996–1998    ADO Den Haag
1998–2000    FC Utrecht
2000–2000    FC Den Bosch
2000–2002    Netherlands U19+U-21
2002–2004    Willem II Tilburg
2006    Ismaily
2006–2007    RKC Waalwijk
2007–2008    Al Ahli Doha
2009    Southampton
2010    Universitatea Craiova
2010–2011    Ismaily
2011–2014    Scottish FA (performance director)
2015–    Moroccan FA (coach national team U.23)

Former Scottish FA performance director Mark Wotte (59) wants the vacant St Johnstone manager's job. (Sun) for those that believe the Sun

Teams managed

1983–1988    VV Rijswijk
1992    ADO Den Haag
1994–1996    FC Lisse
1998–2000    FC Utrecht
2006    Ismaily
2009    Southampton
2010–2011    Ismaily

I'd be very wary of someone who has moved around as much as he has. Also I suspect someone like him might not quite appreciate just how limited a budget (and salary) he'd be taking on at Saints.

Teams managed

1983–1988    VV Rijswijk
1992    ADO Den Haag
1994–1996    FC Lisse
1998–2000    FC Utrecht
2006    Ismaily
2009    Southampton
2010–2011    Ismaily

Naw failed up here, and not set the heather alight where ever he went

8 minutes ago, Linky said:

I think Billy Davies has some questionable man management skills.

Who is Gavin Price? Why no Alan Stubbs? He gets mentioned in every vacancy.

Played for saints. Was Jim Weirs assistant at Elgin City and took over as their manager when Weir left for Forfar and is still their manager. Owns a business in Aberfeldy and still lives there.

Be thankful that Stubbs is not mentioned there are enough other numpties. 

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Funny boa Morte being linked as saying he wants the job in papers and he isn’t on the list but Benni McCarthy is. Would love Attila in the job but don’t want him to fail if he gets it and lose his good connection. I mean come on he done a Dj set in a saints top on Saturday night. Would he still do that if sacked as manager.

7 minutes ago, saintgscot said:

Funny boa Morte being linked as saying he wants the job in papers and he isn’t on the list but Benni McCarthy is. Would love Attila in the job but don’t want him to fail if he gets it and lose his good connection. I mean come on he done a Dj set in a saints top on Saturday night. Would he still do that if sacked as manager.

Forget that boa Morte is there stupid me