New Manager

Linky

On 6/8/2020 at 7:31 AM, jhq said:

I've held a driving license longer than Lewis Hamilton has. I wouldn't consider myself a more experienced driver than him.

You literally are more experienced because you've been driving longer. That is the definition of experience. He is more experienced than you at driving Formula 1 though.

Cleland is more experienced as an Assistant Manager than Davidson, particularly as an assistant manager at St. Johnstone. However, Davidson has had experience at a higher level, and that might mean more. Either way, I would prefer neither of them as the next manager!

33 minutes ago, tucker said:

If Peter Grant gets the job,I'll not be returning, idiot of a guy, saints could do much better, saints will be on downward trend unfortunately

Shocked that SB gave him the time of day.

I would agree about not returning but it would be difficult.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

Yes - why the need to say “It’s surprising some would apply for a job at St Johnstone". Does he really have no idea how that comes across?

Depends who he’s speaking about, he’s surprised at the calibre of applicants,doesn’t come across any other way to me

2 hours ago, Linky said:

Yes - why the need to say “It’s surprising some would apply for a job at St Johnstone". Does he really have no idea how that comes across?

Some people will always find a negative. Lighten up and think positive. 

27 minutes ago, akuram said:

Some people will always find a negative. Lighten up and think positive. 

Baaa baaa! You should convert to Aberdeen. The guy has a chance to talk saints up. Put a f****** positive spin rather than negative.

Should have been;

”we are delighted by the calibre of candidate. It just goes to show that the hard work is paying off as we are being rightly recognised as a great football club to work for that has had lots of success in the past ten years. Candidates know they are coming to a great club and that is why we have quality applicants.”

instead we get;

”why the f*** anyone would want to manage this club is beyond me. If you are a good manager f*** knows why you have applied here.

Oh aye, and one more thing, if you are applying for this job you better to be willing to give up your days off and evenings to work in the community - dinny even submit a CV unless you are willing to work overtime for free. Right! Got it, son!!”

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Baaa baaa! You should convert to Aberdeen. The guy has a chance to talk saints up. Put a f****** positive spin rather than negative.

Should have been;

”we are delighted by the calibre of candidate. It just goes to show that the hard work is paying off as we are being rightly recognised as a great football club to work for that has had lots of success in the past ten years. Candidates know they are coming to a great club and that is why we have quality applicants.”

instead we get;

”why the f*** anyone would want to manage this club is beyond me. If you are a good manager f*** knows why you have applied here.

Oh aye, and one more thing, if you are applying for this job you better to be willing to give up your days off and evenings to work in the community - dinny even submit a CV unless you are willing to work overtime for free. Right! Got it, son!!”

Tough, just my opinion take it or leave it

4 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Should have been;

instead we get;

How do you know he did not say that but the reporter para phrased it to what is printed. 

No wonder the guy is wanting out. :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Should have been;

instead we get;

Except that's not what was said. 

On 6/9/2020 at 6:09 AM, mainstand said:

HMRC have said that where players return to organised training sessions they have to come off furlough as they are then under the control of the Club, this was in response to English premiership rugby claim that as they were unable to play games and full training had not resumed they should be able to resume on furlough. 

Yep, as they have returned to work and that is no different to any industry or line of work. Im not sure why that is relevent to my response around the supposed praise that Raith are getting for furloughing players who were going to be released anyway As i said, the very purpose of the furlough scheme....

13 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Checking prices elsewhere to see who I'm gonna put my tenner on.

Jones must be in with a good chance , (if he has applied.)

I'm starting to come round to the idea that Graeme Jones might be a real candidate. Granted he'd have to take a big wage cut from what he's been used to in recent years, but he might consider it worth it for the chance to manage in the top flight, at a club he already has a link to.

I also have a feeling Peter Lovenkrands could be a real contender.

Then again, I still reckon there's a very good chance Saints will surprise us again and it will be none of the names the bookies and papers have come up with.