New Manager

Linky

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

I doubt if it was just because it was a woman but obviously a healthy sum aswell.

I’d be surprised if that was the case. I registered on McBookie to bet on this when Tommy left and I was capped at £20 when the odds were 7/1. 

I was hoping to stick £50 on. 

Just now, Pat McGroin said:

I’d be surprised if that was the case. I registered on McBookie to bet on this when Tommy left and I was capped at £20 when the odds were 7/1. 

I was hoping to stick £50 on. 

I see one paper saying a number of bets placed on him from the capital. Good on them.getting a few pound off the bookies. Don't know what his latest odds were 

44 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I see one paper saying a number of bets placed on him from the capital. Good on them.getting a few pound off the bookies. Don't know what his latest odds were 

Why would anyone want to vote on Saints outside Scotland ?

Looks like someone had inside info.

Hope it isn't anyone connected with Saints.

Very surprised to see Saints talking about this on their official channels before it's 100% over the line - I'm having some uncomfortable Paul Cook flashbacks.

Pleased to see Davidson get this chance though. I think he deserves it, and it will give us a bit of continuity. He might even be able to use Tommy as a mentor when needed. If it's true that Macca's going to be part of his backroom team that would be brilliant, although I'd expect his assistant to be Cleland.

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Media saying he'll be announced today, with a different journalist saying Steven Maclean will join his coaching staff.

I hope he still registers as a player. It would be good to have a fourth striker, even if he's only used occasionally. Although, this means a member of staff leaving and I can't see that happening.

12 minutes ago, Linky said:

I hope he still registers as a player. It would be good to have a fourth striker, even if he's only used occasionally. Although, this means a member of staff leaving and I can't see that happening.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Alan Maybury leaves if the rumours of Maclean are true. He and Liam Craig can run the youth team (if there’s any need for one at the moment, may as well have then training with the main squad). Then leave Clelland as assistant with Craig and Maclean helping on the bench, as I’d imagine they’ll both still be registered to play. Hopefully Craig more so than Maclean! 

29 minutes ago, Saintdunc said:

There is an old saying about never going back, and this will be the 2and time that he has. 

We should not think that we will automatically become Runners Up in the SPL because of this appointment.

That said, I am glad it looks like he will be appointed.

Yeah,can't see anyone else but Celtic for the title.

On 5/31/2020 at 8:31 PM, McDiarmid Mole said:

The deal is already agreed with Callum. Expect him to arrive a few days before training starts. He has a 6 month break clause in his deal down south. 

I would not be surprised if he wasn't the only legend returning either.

Never doubt the Mole.