New Manager

Linky

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

Great news

Cleland will stay as assistant but will be interesting to see who he brings in as a coach if anyone. I would like to see Craig given the post

Does he need a coach. Very difficult to see how he can justify increasing the coaching /backroom staff when the likelihood is there will be no reserve team football. 

28 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Davidson will have had leverage in the contract negotiation. No doubt it's been agreed he'll get to add players if he is to take on the job. We look light on numbers in midfield so I suspect that's where the new bodies will be added.

Said in interview he is looking for two. Must have been keeping an eye on this website  or he has known since January he was getting the job.

Not sure about Macca.  Could vo either way. Was expecting Cleland to be assistant.

Thought Macca may have kept boots for back up.

Edited by Cagey

9 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Said in interview he is looking for two. Must have been keeping an eye on this website  or he has known since January he was getting the job.

Not sure about Macca.  Could vo either way. Was expecting Cleland to be assistant.

Thought Macca may have kept boots for back up.

The Macca one is a strange one, yeah would love the guy back, but past it as a player at this level and how much coaching has he done,maybe about the same as Liam but at hearts youths, just using the head rather than the heart here feel Liam would offer more in playing front, can't compare coaching as dont know enough about either of them in that role, just with money tight and squad numbers low feel craig would be better value in the assistant role to support Cleland, but happy if either giving the chance!

Edited by crieffsaintandy

As good a choice as any. He knows the club, the players, the board and the league. He will have contacts down south and I’m sure there will be younger lads he could bring up on loan. He may also have a few players in mind from his time at Dunfermline who could make the step up.

I actually think next season could be a very good season for us. Our squad is balanced and only needs tweaked with a couple additions, rivals are requiring players to take pay cuts which is bound to harm motivation, Fan base size will not be an issue at the start of the season

I think the real test of Callum’s time here will be when he has to rebuild the squad. McCann is easily going to take the step up. I’d expect Jason and Callum is also get attention from down south if they continue to improve. Craig and Murray won’t last forever either. That’s a huge amount of talent to replace.

I agree that next season could be very good for us, we're not in as bad a position as other teams in regards to having a settled squad, but also one that will want to prove their place to the new manager.

I wonder if we'll have some signings coming from England with Davidson's contacts? Of course, that depends on whether he's allowed to make any signings at all

Edited by Linky

4 minutes ago, Linky said:

I wonder if we'll have some signings coming from England with Davidson's contacts? Of course, that depends on whether he's allowed to make any signings at all

Davidson was basically solely responsible for bringing Callum Hendry to the club so that bodes well if he can uncover another couple of gems like that.

1 hour ago, Linky said:

I agree that next season could be very good for us, we're not in as bad a position as other teams in regards to having a settled squad, but also one that will want to prove their place to the new manager.

Aberdeen join Hibs in looking for cutbacks. We may get Hayes yet.