New Manager

Linky

4 hours ago, Kyle said:

Davidson will have had leverage in the contract negotiation. No doubt it's been agreed he'll get to add players if he is to take on the job. We look light on numbers in midfield so I suspect that's where the new bodies will be added.

Apparently we're after Connor McLennan on loan from Aberdeen, but no idea how legit that is.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Apparently we're after Connor McLennan on loan from Aberdeen, but no idea how legit that is.

I can’t remember if he’s a winger or a striker. I get confused between him, Wright and Anderson at Aberdeen.

17 hours ago, Kyle said:

Davidson will have had leverage in the contract negotiation. No doubt it's been agreed he'll get to add players if he is to take on the job. We look light on numbers in midfield so I suspect that's where the new bodies will be added.

I suspect at this stage any new signings might be on loan. Given the circumstances I think that would probably make sense for the club. Allows us to get more bodies on board without making a long-term commitment to looking after them if/when the league goes back into lockdown. I'd quite like us to get Butcher back in but I'm sure Davidson will have plenty targets of his own in mind.

13 hours ago, Templar Saint said:

Best wait until he has had his wages cut.

I think this is something that will ultimately be a bit of an equaliser for saints in these strange times.

We benefited for a long time from financial stability while others around us imploded. Meant we could compete with the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs for players. I think in the short term that will come round again. We will be able to offer some stability at a time a lot of players will be desperate for that.

As we have seen with a lot of players over the last 10 years, Saints gets under their skins and they feel at home here, grass isn't always greener etc. Callum I would assume will keep that feeling around the club and if it means we might get a few players that are better and cheaper than we would have maybe got otherwise due to covid-19, then there is every chance we keep a hold of them for longer. 

Added to the fact Callum is well known and respected in the scottish game and it appears down south, then I could see a lit of players wanting to work for someone like that. 

Strikes me as a players coach and we will likely have the yang to his ying in Macca who will rip heads of players not giving 100%.

1 hour ago, TheYellowBox said:

I think this is something that will ultimately be a bit of an equaliser for saints in these strange times.

We benefited for a long time from financial stability while others around us imploded. Meant we could compete with the likes of Aberdeen and Hibs for players. I think in the short term that will come round again. We will be able to offer some stability at a time a lot of players will be desperate for that.

As we have seen with a lot of players over the last 10 years, Saints gets under their skins and they feel at home here, grass isn't always greener etc. Callum I would assume will keep that feeling around the club and if it means we might get a few players that are better and cheaper than we would have maybe got otherwise due to covid-19, then there is every chance we keep a hold of them for longer. 

Added to the fact Callum is well known and respected in the scottish game and it appears down south, then I could see a lit of players wanting to work for someone like that. 

Strikes me as a players coach and we will likely have the yang to his ying in Macca who will rip heads of players not giving 100%.

Yes, I hope we have got a name for ourselves as a club that looks after players, gives them a chance, doesn't have a high turnover of players. This will be something players will be looking for, many will be severely lowering their expectations in terms of the clubs they can sign for and the money they might be expecting.

However, I'm expecting 2 to 3 signings to occur 5 minutes before the end of the deadline, and all on loan. In fact, Maclean might take up one of those spots if he signs as player/coach. However, we do still need someone who can play on the wings, and a centre midfielder.

13 minutes ago, Linky said:

Yes, I hope we have got a name for ourselves as a club that looks after players, gives them a chance, doesn't have a high turnover of players. This will be something players will be looking for, many will be severely lowering their expectations in terms of the clubs they can sign for and the money they might be expecting.

Did Dave Mackay and Murray Davidson not admit they picked us ahead of other clubs as they knew Saints would never be in a situation where they would miss wage payments?

Could find something similar in the next year.