Tommy Wright Testimonial match

Best manager we have ever had, yesterday was a very sad day, still not sunk in. 

I would love us all to get a chance to show our appreciation from the stands in Perth. 

A testimonial match. Perhaps against the Arabs would be a fitting occasion for an outpouring of love for Tommy. 

Thanks for everything Tommy, would love to see you in the dugout one last time. 

Great idea Ginger. Sure most supporters would love the opportunity to say a proper farewell. He truly is a Club legend. Thanks for everything Tommy and  all the best to you and Anne and also whatever you go on to in football.We have many fantastic memories to look back on.

2 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Best manager we have ever had, yesterday was a very sad day, still not sunk in. 

I would love us all to get a chance to show our appreciation from the stands in Perth. 

A testimonial match. Perhaps against the Arabs would be a fitting occasion for an outpouring of love for Tommy. 

Thanks for everything Tommy, would love to see you in the dugout one last time. 

Deffo this. This doesn’t feel right - we owe Tommy everything.

I'd go along with the cup team and Norn Iron thing. Never mind the Arabs, they wouldn't be interested anyway. Mannus, Griffin, O'Boyle, McCann.

Or, if he does move into the NI job, let his first game in charge be a friendly against us at McD. 

The only condition being that we sing "Tommy Wright Wright Wright" for the whole 90 minutes.

1 minute ago, blueheaven said:

Not sure a testimonial is realistic, but I definitely feel the East Stand should be named after him.

Agree re East Stand but a mass gathering of Saintee to celebrate Tommy's amazing time in charge should happen if at all possible. 

Maybe it could be tied I with a charity event,e.g.50% of the proceeds go to Tommy and 50% to support an N H S charity. 

2 hours ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

Agree re East Stand but a mass gathering of Saintee to celebrate Tommy's amazing time in charge should happen if at all possible. 

Maybe it could be tied I with a charity event,e.g.50% of the proceeds go to Tommy and 50% to support an N H S charity. 

I would much prefer a 100% for charity match. I don't believe players or managers should be benefiting form these sort of matches.

Saints v Northern Ireland Xi with all money going to CHAS in Scotland and the irish equivalent , a charity that is near from what i have seen to Tommy's heart.

I don't think it's a good idea.

We'll be at an early stage with a new manager, who's trying to bond with the fans and us with him. It wouldn't be great for the new guy to have the whole stadium bouncing and shouting Tommy's name.

The ghost of the one who went before, when they went out on a high, is a really difficult thing to manage. Think Man U with both Matt Busby and Fergie. Best for a clean break entirely.