Sunday 17th May Virtual Cup Final

On 5/16/2020 at 11:43 PM, Melbourne Saint said:

You can either screen share (it's on settings on your tv), and will pop up on your tablet/phone, hit connect & voila! Most smart tv's have inbuilt browser- obviously as long as you've got wifi....

Thank you, worked a treat. Just goes to show you’re never to old to learn :D

30 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

How would anyone have that, Myspazz?

They won it in yesterday’s half time draw. D*ck move. At least donate it back to the club if you don’t want it.

Its like the time at the 2015 cup win anniversary dinner when Steve Brown’s son won a signed Macca cup final shirt in the raffle and actually stood up and collected it and took it home.

1 hour ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

They won it in yesterday’s half time draw. D*ck move. At least donate it back to the club if you don’t want it.

Its like the time at the 2015 cup win anniversary dinner when Steve Brown’s son won a signed Macca cup final shirt in the raffle and actually stood up and collected it and took it home.

I won a signed cup squad top in the raffle at the Tradeston ex serviceman club at lunchtime before the final, came off the stage and handed it to a bairn that was on one of our buses. 

Glad she has it but didn't half regret being so stupid. 

16 minutes ago, Ginger Bakers rebel army said:

I won a signed cup squad top in the raffle at the Tradeston ex serviceman club at lunchtime before the final, came off the stage and handed it to a bairn that was on one of our buses. 

Glad she has it but didn't half regret being so stupid. 

The difference between you and the chairman’s son, is that I reckon he has pretty readily available access to cup final tops/Macca.

Astounded when he strolled up to the front, shook Maccas hand and swanned back to his table. Beggar belief.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

21 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

The difference between you and the chairman’s son, is that I reckon he has pretty readily available access to cup final tops/Macca.

Astounded when he strolled up to the front, shook Maccas hand and swanned back to his table. Beggar belief.

Don't know how old he is/was, age may have had something to do with decision to keep it. 

7 hours ago, Abernethy Saint said:

How would anyone have that, Myspazz?

No idea, i was bidding, but in all honesty I don't feel much for the shirt .....it was the shirt they wore, but the shirt was the one they wore all season through the rounds. I just felt that shirt was a poor effort, it was the usual TTL effort and midly different to the one we wore all year.

I know that might not be a popular opinion, but it's why i dropped out at £50.00 (I could go to any height for a shirt i like, but weirdly i don't like that shirt!

33 minutes ago, MySpazz said:

No idea, i was bidding, but in all honesty I don't feel much for the shirt .....it was the shirt they wore, but the shirt was the one they wore all season through the rounds. I just felt that shirt was a poor effort, it was the usual TTL effort and midly different to the one we wore all year.

I know that might not be a popular opinion, but it's why i dropped out at £50.00 (I could go to any height for a shirt i like, but weirdly i don't like that shirt!

Me too, had to decide not to go for as money tight just now due to lockdown & couldn’t justify the money. Vexed that I couldn’t get one at the time. Hope Saints decide to do a 10 yr anniversary one when that time come around, I might have saved up enough by then !!

1 hour ago, Jad said:

Me too, had to decide not to go for as money tight just now due to lockdown & couldn’t justify the money. Vexed that I couldn’t get one at the time. Hope Saints decide to do a 10 yr anniversary one when that time come around, I might have saved up enough by then !!

The bids will go very high, but then they have to get the money from the buyer. It's ALOT of money for a template shirt. If someone has the red matchwinner, i'd pay £200 for that, but not the cup final one. The best shirt I have from the cup final is a t shirt made by the Highland Saints which says "ARMAGEADON DO THON" on the back......i'll let you Gaelic speakers translate :)

17 hours ago, MySpazz said:

Someone's got the cup final top on eBay, i can't afford to keep bidding, but one of you lot might have the money....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/224007920485

It's sold for £360.

Suddenly I've realised I should maybe start taking better care of mine! For what it's worth I think it's a really nice shirt and I always liked it better than the one we wore during the rest of that season.

On 5/18/2020 at 3:47 PM, R.B.B:- Adz said:

I can guarantee the shirt won on Sunday is not up for sale and never will be so an apology to the winner wouldn’t go amiss. If it was the person who won it he must have known in advance he was going to win it as the shirt was up for 10 days and finished on Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Tranmere Saintee said:

I can guarantee the shirt won on Sunday is not up for sale and never will be so an apology to the winner wouldn’t go amiss. If it was the person who won it he must have known in advance he was going to win it as the shirt was up for 10 days and finished on Tuesday.

Yes, you are correct,  Donald would not have put it up for sale.