20/21 strips & sponors

Cagey

29 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Dunfermline & QoS have announced they have allowed all but 3 players to leave but they have still revealed next season's strip.

Is there any idea yet what Saints are doing about a strip & sponsor for next season ?.

Saints might be so broke it may come down to players actually performing sponsored strips........ 

Given the length of time they’ve now potentially got, they really shouldn’t screw this up. Why not ask fans for suggestions or put it to a poll. We’re not going to be playing until at least August, and presumably the production, distribution and manufacturing  can happen right now so it’s not already been done. 

49 minutes ago, Widge said:

Given the length of time they’ve now potentially got, they really shouldn’t screw this up. Why not ask fans for suggestions or put it to a poll. We’re not going to be playing until at least August, and presumably the production, distribution and manufacturing  can happen right now so it’s not already been done. 

I don't know much about it but would imagine 2 months is not a long time to arrange a supplier ,a contract & all the gear that goes with it.

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

I don't know much about it but would imagine 2 months is not a long time to arrange a supplier ,a contract & all the gear that goes with it.

We already have that in place, Macron was a 2 year deal, so all you’re looking for is a new set of strips. All the training gear will be off the shelf stuff and probably already done. I’d say a couple of weeks to design a kit is probably an acceptable amount of time if they’ve already got templates. Let’s face it you’re only going to need to produce 40/50 strips originally for the players to wear and then the replicas can follow later on once mass produced. 

4 hours ago, Widge said:

We already have that in place, Macron was a 2 year deal, so all you’re looking for is a new set of strips. All the training gear will be off the shelf stuff and probably already done. I’d say a couple of weeks to design a kit is probably an acceptable amount of time if they’ve already got templates. Let’s face it you’re only going to need to produce 40/50 strips originally for the players to wear and then the replicas can follow later on once mass produced. 

Thanks, didn't know there was another year on contract.

What's the position on sponsor ?. Can't even remember who last season's was.

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

Only one year in to a 2 or 3 year contract with Macron but given that Macron are not listing us a partner club.  https://www.macron.com/uk/en/content/sponsorship

Saints leisure supplier Pitch Teamwear are still listing Saints there : https://www.pitchteamwear.com/page/special-offers

You never know maybe Kirsten has contacts with Nike who she got for Killie :eek: vis black leisure group who also ran the club shop

Edited by mainstand

• 4 weeks later...
6 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Getting a wee bit mixed up with your theory statement Cagey.

My theory is that the only reason to change strips every season is for the club to sell replica strips & make a huge profit.

I don't think Saints sell a lot. May be wrong.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

My theory is that the only reason to change strips every season is for the club to sell replica strips & make a huge profit.

I knew what you meant, ;) but you had a funny way of wording it first time.:laugh:

Have a look at the video released about Callum joining shows you inside the kit room but not sure if that is a new kit or the old kits that are on coat hangers. Think the old one. 

The website for our teamwear partner is still saying they are closed. So not sure how  or if this will impact on us. 

Edited by mainstand

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

They quite often need to change kit because there's a change of sponsor or manufacturer too. I know we're sticking with Macron next season but are Binn still going to be the sponsor?

The old kit is all reduced online, which suggests to me that there will be a new one. I think if the current one was going to last for two seasons, we'd have been told about it at the time. It's very, very unusual these days for a kit to be kept for two seasons. It's been 20 years since Saints last did that.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:59 AM, blueheaven said:

They quite often need to change kit because there's a change of sponsor or manufacturer too. I know we're sticking with Macron next season but are Binn still going to be the sponsor?

The old kit is all reduced online, which suggests to me that there will be a new one. I think if the current one was going to last for two seasons, we'd have been told about it at the time. It's very, very unusual these days for a kit to be kept for two seasons. It's been 20 years since Saints last did that.

Not sure if Binn sponsoring this season.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:59 AM, blueheaven said:

Definitely a new kit this season.

Some teams have struggled to get their hands on the kit due to lockdown preventing them being shipped in from Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Always the last when it comes to stuff like this. We'll probably be the last in the country to announce the new kit. These need to be out and in the shops earlier when the weather is decent. Might actually get more sales of replica kit that way. 

7 hours ago, Rob said:

Always the last when it comes to stuff like this. We'll probably be the last in the country to announce the new kit. These need to be out and in the shops earlier when the weather is decent. Might actually get more sales of replica kit that way. 

I think Dundee United, who are also Macron, have still to announce their kit. Rangers and Celtic have still to officially launch their stuff yet aswell.