20/21 strips & sponors

Cagey

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

Motherwell said on Twitter they also wouldn't be receiving kits until "mid-July", due to issues getting them from China.

They also use Macron, and playing friendlies in last seasons kits.

I doubt it'll be mid-August as I'm not even sure we could use last seasons kits competitively, depends on sponsorships and how many we have left, as the official font/numbering has changed.

I think common sense will prevail there are delays in supplying the kit so they will be more than content with the last year kit being used. look at the number of times a team plays the cup final etc in a new kit so does not need to be the same all year round dispensation can be granted. 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Explain please.

Is there not a worldwide health problem at the moment ?.

Glad all you have to worry about is getting a new replica strip.

2 hours ago, Havana Saint said:

For a club in the top flight, that is embarrassing if true.

I think there are bigger clubs than saints having problems. Barcelona wont get the new kit until september looking to sue Nike for millions. 

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I would imagine as long as we played in club colours,we could play in a t shirt & underpants.

Do we not have the same sponsor as last season ?.

Not sure on sponsor but I am sure they could put a patch over the sponsor if needed. 

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

I would imagine as long as we played in club colours,we could play in a t shirt & underpants.

Do we not have the same sponsor as last season ?.

Unfortunately not. You have to submit designs, sponsors and colours etc to league at start of season and cannot change. Obviously, in the current times, I'm sure those rules could bend a bit.

I get the arguments from some that doesnt matter what strips we wear etc, however, it is another revenue stream for the club and it always amazes me how unprepared we are each season. Kit should be out before holidays and would sell more if it was. Again, Covid-19 likely to have an impact this year, but given we have the same manufacturer and sponsor, could have been sorted out long ago. In fact, probably an easy task when someone working from home.

Generally clubs possibly missing a trick here. Either get a kit out early and market it as helping the club etc OR, stick with the same kit and make a play on understanding finances are tight and giving fans value for money on getting 2 seasons out of a kit.

Finally, if club does have dead stock of old kit and training tops etc, like we always do, give it away for free to renewing season ticket holders or set up a strip bank, where folk can collect stuff for free or a small donation to the youth fund. Better still, get them in a pack for each if the new houses being built all over perth, with a free Saints season ticket or saints tv included. 

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

Nope.

You have to "register" your kits with the authorities months before the season starts, by emailing them a photo/sketch. 

You can only wear "registered" kits in league games.

Presumably last seasons kits will forever be registered so as long as we update the font/numbers to the new style then they'd be fine. Only issue would be sponsors, but if we've kept the same sponsorship deals, then there's no issues.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Nope.

You have to "register" your kits with the authorities months before the season starts, by emailing them a photo/sketch. 

You can only wear "registered" kits in league games.

Presumably last seasons kits will forever be registered so as long as we update the font/numbers to the new style then they'd be fine. Only issue would be sponsors, but if we've kept the same sponsorship deals, then there's no issues.

Like everything else this is in a normal year. This is not a normal year and I would expect the Club will be in discussion with the SPFL  

11 hours ago, Cagey said:

Explain please.

Is there not a worldwide health problem at the moment ?.

Glad all you have to worry about is getting a new replica strip.

I think that was uncalled for.  We are notoriously slow at this aspect of marketing and organisation. Your comments regarding Covid 19 in relation to my comment are distasteful, opportunistic and promote alienation. 

Let's move on shall we.

Deary me.

15 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Finally, if club does have dead stock of old kit and training tops etc, like we always do, give it away for free to renewing season ticket holders or set up a strip bank, where folk can collect stuff for free or a small donation to the youth fund. Better still, get them in a pack for each if the new houses being built all over perth, with a free Saints season ticket or saints tv included. 

I used to love the sales of old training kit that the club used to do in the summer. Picked up some great stuff over the years. Pity they stopped doing that.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I used to love the sales of old training kit that the club used to do in the summer. Picked up some great stuff over the years. Pity they stopped doing that.

I remember when they moved from Bukta to Xara the massive sale they had of all the kit. 

46 minutes ago, cristo said:

I see in the two friendlies against Hibs and Dons we've worn the same yellow/blue/blue combo. On both occasions we would normally have worn blue and white. Is that last season's away kit or next season's?

Yeah,wondered why they wore what looks last season's away strip.

They probably just have more of the away kit. Maybe we will get a new home kit for the start of the season and have to wait a while for an away kit.

I do think we are slow off the mark every season and do miss a trick getting them out at the start of Summer or earlier. These should coincide with t shirt weather in Scotland.

I completely understand pandemic delays and bigger issues in the world but pretty sure if other clubs can release images then surely Saints could. Even a mocked up visual would be something.

53 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Yeah,wondered why they wore what looks last season's away strip.

Strip?

They could wear their birthday suits and still beat the Dons.....oh! ....wait.....they must wear recognised football  kit, otherwise they would be served a "notice of complaint" & possibly incur disciplinary action .

14 hours ago, Shaggy Jenkins said:

Some talk of it being bespoke....I would still put the mortgage on this in blue with white trim :razz:

The word "bespoke" always fills me with dread in Saints' case. For the home kit I'd be more than happy with something simple like the Macron kits United and Hibs have gone with. Don't mind going a bit more 'out there' with the away kit, though. Hopefully at the very least it can be something other than yellow or white.