20/21 strips & sponors

Cagey

3 hours ago, blueheaven said:

The word "bespoke" always fills me with dread in Saints' case. For the home kit I'd be more than happy with something simple like the Macron kits United and Hibs have gone with. Don't mind going a bit more 'out there' with the away kit, though. Hopefully at the very least it can be something other than yellow or white.

maybe something like these 2 from the Joma range would be nice and different

Joma Supernova II Short Sleeve Shirt (M) Royal-White

Joma Supernova II Short Sleeve Shirt (M) Yellow-Black

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

maybe something like these 2 from the Joma range would be nice and different

They're way too busy for me - but that does seem to be what Saints often seem to go for. Lots of unnecessary lines and strips and flashes all over the place for no apparent reason.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

They're way too busy for me - but that does seem to be what Saints often seem to go for. Lots of unnecessary lines and strips and flashes all over the place for no apparent reason.

Actually have the kit in purple for my youth and children's teams kids and parent love them. 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Considering we dont use Joma, and the SPL ceased to exist 8 years ago, I doubt there's much chance of it.

I realise we don't use Joma, it was simply a suggestion as to styles of strip that are out there. 

12 hours ago, Abbots Deuglie Saint said:

Absolutely embarrassing that a SPL team could be wearing the same shirt as a children's team. 

quite a strange thing to say because in most cases i think you will find large companies like Nike etc. are starting to use template kits so you will find similar kits in parks throughout the country.  A bespoke kit will obviously not have that issue.  

16 hours ago, mainstand said:

Actually have the kit in purple for my youth and children's teams kids and parent love them. 

I'm sure they do, it's just not to my tastes. My preference for the home kit is something much cleaner and simpler (Saints very, very rarely go down that route, though).

Like you, I don't really understand the comment about it being "embarrassing" for us to wear the same kits as kids teams. Loads of clubs wear template designs so it's a pretty normal thing to happen.

6 hours ago, mainstand said:

quite a strange thing to say because in most cases i think you will find large companies like Nike etc. are starting to use template kits so you will find similar kits in parks throughout the country.  A bespoke kit will obviously not have that issue.  

Yep even the biggest clubs often just get a stock Nike top. I remember Man Untied had one which Dundee United also had along with half the amateur teams in Glasgow. oh the disgrace.

Dundee United Home maglia di calcio 2011 - 2012

Manchester United Nike Home Kit Leak Ronaldo Football, Nike Website, Football Fashion, Cristiano Ronaldo, Manchester United, The Unit, Kit, Sports, Football

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

St Johnstone fans - "Come on Saints, sell us new team wear for the new season! I want to give money to the club!"

St Johnstone - Release team wear.

St Johnstone fans - "Why are you releasing that?!"

We are asking what football kit the team will be wearing in just over a week when they play the first game of the season. Doesnt look like we have it sorted and so they are selling training wear that is off the shelf with a Saints logo instead, hardly a great marketing move. 

I think everyone understands if the replica shirts arent ready for sale.

32 minutes ago, Rob said:

We are asking what football kit the team will be wearing in just over a week when they play the first game of the season. Doesnt look like we have it sorted and so they are selling training wear that is off the shelf with a Saints logo instead, hardly a great marketing move. 

I think everyone understands if the replica shirts arent ready for sale.

If you can't buy it yet, and most Scottish clubs are just selling tops as pre-orders just now, and the team aren't needing them for another 10 days, why the desperation to see them?

Its all a bit odd to me.

9 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

If you can't buy it yet, and most Scottish clubs are just selling tops as pre-orders just now, and the team aren't needing them for another 10 days, why the desperation to see them?

Its all a bit odd to me.

Going by the number of moans on twitter and here about the kit not being available yet, this years kit is going to be a top seller. 

I suspect the reason they are not saying anything at present is that they are working behind the scenes to try and get the kit through ASAP and don't want to give any update until they have something firm to say?

The Saintsdirect.co.uk website is I think run by Pitch Teamwear and it is them that appears to be advertising the training kit. It was them that told me the kit was delayed and would not be here until mid August. 

11 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Its all a bit odd to me.

Isn't it also a bit odd to you that Saints can't do the same thing as those other clubs? I.e. unveil what the new kits are going to look like (presumably the design is nailed down, at the very least?) and start taking pre-orders? Instead there's this weird silence, which in turn is what creates the annoyance amongst the fans.

Totally understand that this summer has been a difficult one and an unusual one, but I think the frustration for a lot of fans comes from the fact that we seem to be slow with the new kits every year. 

1 hour ago, ejksjfc said:

I will probably be accused of being a happy clapper here but................

.......could the fact that manufacturing nationwide was closed down for close on three months have something do with the fact that the new kit hasn’t been released yet?

Its more the issue that every other team in the league including those kitted out by Macron have revealed their new kit. I think no one is surprised by manufacturing issues. 

I appreciate it is just kit and saints could play in a plain blue t shirt and it wouldn't matter, but, at a time the club are desperate for cash, you'd think they would do everything possible to get any kind of money making revenue stream out there. Ok, if there is a supply issue, get the designs out there and allow fans to pre order. Many would, especially kids on school holidays.

I'd given them the manufacturing issues excuse, but it's the same story every year and other clubs have their macron kits.

Club is moving forward commercially, with the on line tickets and the saints direct is a welcome addition, so I can see progress.

On 7/24/2020 at 9:46 PM, TheYellowBox said:

I appreciate it is just kit and saints could play in a plain blue t shirt and it wouldn't matter, but, at a time the club are desperate for cash.

Are they?

Is it wiser to do what a club like Aberdeen have done (sell all your kits, on pre-order, and season tickets, in June, and then spend July to October without any revenue stream for fans), or what St Johnstone have done (release everything separately so money is dripfed into the club over the course of 3 months, and should provide a steady dose on income until October, when fans will hopefully be allowed back).

8 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Are they?

Is it wiser to do what a club like Aberdeen have done (sell all your kits, on pre-order, and season tickets, in June, and then spend July to October without any revenue stream for fans), or what St Johnstone have done (release everything separately so money is dripfed into the club over the course of 3 months, and should provide a steady dose on income until October, when fans will hopefully be allowed back).

Yes, they will be. Players no longer furloughed, so costs out the door and no revenue coming in.

I think your logic would be correct if the club we consciously drip feeding kit etc, but I think you give too much credit. Surely you want the cash in ASAP.

Also, we are less than 6 days before we play our first game and no sign of new kit yet. Fans not being able to buy kit is one thing, but possibly not actually having kit for the first game is something else. Surely promotional stuff with sky and papers is already started, so are we having promo pics in old strips etc? 

Those talking about saints making funds from the kit, do They though?? We have a kit supplier and saints direct is run by a private company Pitch teamwear which would suggest that the Club are not the recipients of the income when there are sales. 

Pretty sure there was a topic before about kit suppliers and saints said what they got out of it free kit for all the teams , so not massive financial income.  

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Those talking about saints making funds from the kit, do They though?? We have a kit supplier and saints direct is run by a private company Pitch teamwear which would suggest that the Club are not the recipients of the income when there are sales. 

Pretty sure there was a topic before about kit suppliers and saints said what they got out of it free kit for all the teams , so not massive financial income.  

Can't imagine Saints selling enough to make a lot of money even if they did keep the proceeds.

2 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Also, we are less than 6 days before we play our first game and no sign of new kit yet. Fans not being able to buy kit is one thing, but possibly not actually having kit for the first game is something else. Surely promotional stuff with sky and papers is already started, so are we having promo pics in old strips etc? 

Nobody seems to have new kits.

Celtic and Rangers are the only ones using new kits in pre-season. Everyone else are just selling them as pre-orders.

Motherwells chief executive said it would be mid-July at the earliest that they would get their first batch in, they share a supplier with us. Kits are having to come from Asia.

Its a waiting game for most clubs.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Nobody seems to have new kits.

Celtic and Rangers are the only ones using new kits in pre-season. Everyone else are just selling them as pre-orders.

Motherwells chief executive said it would be mid-July at the earliest that they would get their first batch in, they share a supplier with us. Kits are having to come from Asia.

Its a waiting game for most clubs.

Rangers according to recent reports don't have any kits out yet they allegedly sold 50,000 on pre order and the strips have now been taken off the website awaiting a fresh batch. 

Livi and Killie both have theirs on sale.

PItch Teamware did say they expected an announcement from Saints with photos of the new design to be made last week.

If saints are being put under pressure by the spfl and sponsors to get a new strip in place for Saturday then surely all they would have to do is switch the design to one of the macron stock strips instead of a bespoke strip. There will be thousands of the stock strips in stock.  Even just doing that for the away kit would then give them a kit for the opening weeks.