Player of year.

Cagey

From a tv perspective

Player of year: McCann (if McCart had been from the start he may have given him a run)

Young player of year: McCann

Best goal: Hibs 2v2 St Johnstone:  O'Halloran, for the teams passing, the determination, the guile of McCann and the finish.

Most important goal.The second by Kerr in the game above as the draw gave us on count back 6th. (I am sure any draw or win the same reason could be given but this a head to head). Tommy's antics at the end will live for evermore

Best game. Choice between St Johnstone 2v2 Rangers or Aberdeen 1v1 St Johnstone as I enjoy taking points of of both but went for the 2v2 

McCann for player of year and young player.

Most important goal for me is Hendry away to Hearts in Dec, Stendals first game as Hearts manager and a big Hearts support.

Everyone expected Hearts to turn it round with a new manager, starting with a victory over St Johnstone.

Hendrys goal and our 1-0 win put a stop to that straight away and saw the start of a good run for us.

Fast forward a couple of months and Hearts were even more in the shit while we d pulled clear to safety.

A big shout out to much maligned spoony. 
he really stepped up to the plate when the going was tough thus season. 
He will never win any player of the year but I don’t think we can underestimate how important he was this season. And that’s why Tommy keeps him in the team. 
Even when he is not playing well he never hides, always shows for the ball. 

l am not him or his dad! and he exasperates next at times but just thought he was worth a mention. 

POTY - McCann - was playing well even when the tram were rank. Most consistent player all season.

YPOTY - Hendry - His goals were crucial, would love to see how many points they were worth. 

Best goal - Booth vs Morton

Most important goal - Hearts 0-1 Saints - Hendry 

Best game - 2-2 vs Gers

Player of year - Ali McCann. Whatever hasn't been said about the lad isn't worth saying at all. He's been superb and easily our best player, putting a lot of the older heads to shame especially early on in the season. The fact that we've got him signed up on a longer term deal is great work from saints.

Young player of year - Technically the correct answer is Ali McCann, but in the interest of fairness I'll give it to Callum Hendry. Simply due to how he's grown as a player and improved from a disastrous spell out on loan last season. He may not be the finished article, but he's good fun to watch and certainly doesn't lack confidence, plus he can finish a football.  

Best goal - Hendry vs Hamilton. Not taking away from the brilliance of the finish, to take down a cross and slam a half volley into the top corner on your weaker foot; however for sheer importance it has to be, which is why I'm going to keep this simple and say it would win the below category as well. It kick started our season and gave Callum the confidence he needed, plus who doesn't like a striker blasting the ball top bins!

Most important goal - As above. Honourable mention to McCann vs Hamilton, Kane vs Motherwell or Wotherspoon vs Kilmarnock. All these goals were important for various reasons and at different stages of the season. 

Best game - Nobody is going to convince me that the 2-2 vs Hibs in the glorious August sunshine with a last minute equaliser in a game we deserved more from wasn't the best scenes. It may have been early in the season, but it was an excellent advert for Scottish football. 2-2 vs Rangers ran it close, as did the 1-0 vs Celtic in the cup, not for the result, but for the way the players stood up and were counted, a brilliant team performance and on another day who knows, we might have grabbed something and what a fitting way it would have been.

20 hours ago, Brian Potter said:

POTY - McCann - was playing well even when the tram were rank. Most consistent player all season.

YPOTY - Hendry - His goals were crucial, would love to see how many points they were worth. 

Best goal - Booth vs Morton

Most important goal - Hearts 0-1 Saints - Hendry 

Best game - 2-2 vs Gers

According to the article: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1339457/st-johnstone-player-of-the-year-tommy-wright-manager-odds/

"Callum Hendry’s seven league goals were worth 15 points to Saints. Take them away and sixth place becomes 12th."

53 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

According to the article: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/st-johnstone/1339457/st-johnstone-player-of-the-year-tommy-wright-manager-odds/

"Callum Hendry’s seven league goals were worth 15 points to Saints. Take them away and sixth place becomes 12th."

And it's Steve Brown proposing league reconstruction. 

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

There are bound to be other clubs sniffing around Hendry I would think.

On 5/30/2020 at 10:34 AM, RandomGuy said:

POTY/YPOTY: Ali McCann either gets both or Callum Hendry gets one.

Best Goal: Callum Booth v Morton in the cup.

Most important goal: Wotherspoon winner v Kilmarnock.

Best game: 3-3 draw with Hearts.

Think that's how I would vote.

I'd agree with that apart from most important goal. Think Hendry's winner v Accies to give us our first win.  If we hadn't won that game the heads might have really dropped. 

On 6/2/2020 at 12:21 PM, blueheaven said:

There are bound to be other clubs sniffing around Hendry I would think.

On 6/2/2020 at 12:51 PM, Cagey said:

Yeah, I worry that we may lose some of the guys that have been outstanding last season.

Money money money...

10 minutes ago, Wendy Saints said:

No surprise but disappointed that Ali McCann didn’t get Scottish football writers player of the year.. Lewis Ferguson, do you think it’s because his dad played for Rangers or is that a bit unkind? 

He will be gutted to have missed out on the giant cardboard disc award.

image.png.0224e11df4a52019201f60f7dbefedee.png