Bertha Loch

Peter Botwright

On 6/6/2020 at 10:16 AM, Peter Botwright said:

I live near Bertha loch and I walk in the area with my small dog but I would like to fish in Bertha loch and despite many enquiries I can't find who owns it as I would like to seek permission to fish there

While on a cycle journey from the A9 via the old road bridge over the Almond to Bertha loch a couple of years ago, I passed farm cottages, which had notices in the window  "Apply for fishing permits here".

I turned off right to Bertha and could see the roof of the new school being built in the distance on the left.

Hope this helps. 

Edited by HOODLUM65

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2020 at 8:16 AM, HOODLUM65 said:

While on a cycle journey from the A9 via the old road bridge over the Almond to Bertha loch a couple of years ago, I passed farm cottages, which had notices in the window  "Apply for fishing permits here".

I turned off right to Bertha and could see the roof of the new school being built in the distance on the left.

Hope this helps. 

At the start of lockdown we decided to find Bertha Loch as it's not so easy to find now with new buildings 

Anyway after a couple of unsuccessful attempts I decided to ask a farmer working near by

I was shocked by his response on being asked where it was

In a hostile reply he asked us What we wanted to go there for .Twice. 

Braw place though as we found it.

2 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Owned by Farmer of Richie family I'm told 

Any troot in it ? Looking for a place to fish  myself as it’s a no goer since the harbour isn’t allowed as were not allowed to fish off there ( just in case we fall off) ?

13 hours ago, rickardo said:

Any troot in it ? Looking for a place to fish  myself as it’s a no goer since the harbour isn’t allowed as were not allowed to fish off there ( just in case we fall off) ?

Don’t know how you get tickets for it, but pretty sure it’s day ticket fishing only.

• 1 month later...