Fixtures 2020/21

Cagey

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think the fixture list is meant to be out on Friday.

Will we get Celtic at Parkhead unfurling the flag or are we entitled to a home game for a change.

I suspect the issuing of the fixtures will be delayed due to the hearts/Thistle court case. Especially if they get an interdict postponing the start of the season.

12 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I suspect the issuing of the fixtures will be delayed due to the hearts/Thistle court case. Especially if they get an interdict postponing the start of the season.

There is no way they will get an interdict. Imagine the hate for Hearts. Mind you the laws an ass so anything can happen.

Fixtures can be done & if by any chance Hearts succeed in staying in premiership then Hearts fixtures replace United's with any clashes with Hibs games moved to Friday/Sunday.

12 minutes ago, Cagey said:

There is no way they will get an interdict. Imagine the hate for Hearts. Mind you the laws an ass so anything can happen.

Fixtures can be done & if by any chance Hearts succeed in staying in premiership then Hearts fixtures replace United's with any clashes with Hibs games moved to Friday/Sunday.

Ian Blair from the SPFL was on Sportsound at the weekend and implied it wouldn't be as simple as swapping Dundee United for Hearts in the fixtures. 

Seriously though, even if Hearts win their case, there's no way the SPFL can simply take United's promotion away from them at this stage. They'd have to find another solution. And I can't see it suddenly changing to a 14-team league either, when the SPFL can point to the fact that they've already followed the correct process in giving the clubs a vote on that, and the clubs voted no.

As far as I know, the best Hearts can get is another vote on reconstruction forced through.

The court doesnt have the power to reverse relegations or force through reconstruction. They can award Hearts damages, or demand another vote.

It's just an almighty waste of time so Hearts can save face with their fans. 

11 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think the fixture list is meant to be out on Friday.

Will we get Celtic at Parkhead unfurling the flag or are we entitled to a home game for a change.

If we don't get a home game to start there is something far wrong; we've been away for three sraight years and had only one home game in the last five.

Sadly I would have hoped for a home opener against Utd. but we wont be allowed in.

Interesting side issue. If Hearts win their cae and remain in the Premiership where does that leave the manager? His contract was terminated on the grounds that they were relegated to the championship.  Suspect they would need to find a pay off for him and his backroom staff. 

Rather surprisingly Stendel accepted the situation quite well. Maybe he was just pleased to extricate himself from the mess that Scottish football currently finds itself in.

Stendel tweeted on 23 June as follows:-

Due to Covid-19 and the decision of the SPFL to end the league and send Hearts to the Championship my contract at Hearts is not valid anymore.  

Although my stay at this wonderful club was rather short (and much shorter than expected) I really appreciated working for that club.

"I was working trustfully together with the board, enjoyed that city and the enthusiastic supporters and sportive-wise we were on the right track also. Unfortunately we couldn't follow up and continue our path together.

"I wish this great club, all their employees and fans all the best for the future, hopefully you can promote shortly again and we will see each other again one day at Tynecastle. Stay safe and healthy everyone, Daniel

Don't think I've seen it mentioned on here yet, but Hearts/Partick are justifying their decision to go to court on the precedent that Saints took the SFA to court in 1965. From the Edinburgh Evening News:

One area of Hearts and Partick’s case points to the 1965 dispute between St Johnstone and the SFA, when the Perth club went to court and won. They had been fined £25 and mounted a successful legal challenge without being their membership being revoked.

On 7/2/2020 at 2:08 PM, blueheaven said:

Don't think I've seen it mentioned on here yet, but Hearts/Partick are justifying their decision to go to court on the precedent that Saints took the SFA to court in 1965. From the Edinburgh Evening News:

One area of Hearts and Partick’s case points to the 1965 dispute between St Johnstone and the SFA, when the Perth club went to court and won. They had been fined £25 and mounted a successful legal challenge without being their membership being revoked.

Could it possibly be that the difference between then and now is that the rules have changed regarding Court action.

Also Saints dispute was with SFA and not the forerunner(s) of the SPFL.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

Getting beyond a joke.

Start season away again . Then home to Aberdeen & away to Rangers & Killie.

3 out of first 4 games away. Saints should appeal.

Opening day games:

United away 20/21

Celtic away 19/20

Killie away 18/19

Killie away 17/18

Aberdeen home 16/17

Hearts away 15/16

County away 2014/15

Hearts home 13/14

Hearts away 12/13

Aberdeen away 11/12

Hearts away 10/11

Motherwell home 09/10

3 home games out of 12 to start the season!   Just why?!

2 hours ago, Dave H said:

Opening day games:

United away 20/21

Celtic away 19/20

Killie away 18/19

Killie away 17/18

Aberdeen home 16/17

Hearts away 15/16

County away 2014/15

Hearts home 13/14

Hearts away 12/13

Aberdeen away 11/12

Hearts away 10/11

Motherwell home 09/10

3 home games out of 12 to start the season!   Just why?!

Yeah,Motherwell game was at home because we were Champions of 1st division.

Statistically I don't think that should happen so computer can't be programmed properly.

Strange that Celtic get the OF date they want.