My new novel coming soon

sleepless

My new novel, Cuddies Strip, a fictionalised account of crimes in Perth in 1935, will be published by Ringwood Publishing later this year. I first came across the story in a picture posted on here by Chips and did some research on it. This novel is the result

You can pre-order a copy on the company's website, guaranteeing you a signed copy on publication date. Details here:

https://www.ringwoodpublishing.com/cuddies-strip-an-85-yea…/

I too was struck by this story, I knew nothing about it until I saw that photo. From what I’ve read I would hope that were this to happen today, the girl would be treated with more respect and compassion than she seemed to be shown at the time. Looking forward to the book popping through my letterbox.

I’d also never heard of Cuddies strip before although I’ve been up Buckie braes a few times.

Edited by Lochwinnochsaintee

yes, totally agree. It was her treatment that really got me interested in writing it.

Cuddies Strip is still there and you can walk it today. Go through the tunnel beneath the motorway and you're on it. I've seen the police photos of the crime scene, and it doesn't look any different now than it did then.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 11:35 AM, sleepless said:

My new novel, Cuddies Strip, a fictionalised account of crimes in Perth in 1935, will be published by Ringwood Publishing later this year. I first came across the story in a picture posted on here by Chips and did some research on it. This novel is the result

You can pre-order a copy on the company's website, guaranteeing you a signed copy on publication date. Details here:

https://www.ringwoodpublishing.com/cuddies-strip-an-85-yea…/

Does Chips get a percentage ?.:razz:

On 7/25/2020 at 7:18 AM, sixties saintee said:

Hoodlum no been on at you for a free copy yet

Hey you. Bought his last book and got sleepless to sign it at an away game, think it was Hamilton. 

Nothings free in this world, thought you might have learned something,  now you're in the senior category.

There's always one who lets the side down eh!

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/25/2020 at 10:12 AM, sleepless said:

not yet, but since he's got a signed copy of the Saints book, if he gets a signed copy of this one he'll have the world's biggest collection of signed first editions of my books. That's surely going to tempt him......

Just seen this. Thanks for that. Very kind of you.

These signed 1st editions can fetch a high price. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...