Friendlies

Cagey

Callum says he wants to play 2 or possibly 3 friendlies against other premiership clubs as they are the only ones training.

We have played pre season friendlies against Aberdeen & Rangers before but with them being in the first 3 games of the season I can't see us playing them.

3 hours ago, Johnny B said:

Home or away

Is it on Saints TV live or highlights

A few Premiership clubs played friendlies amongst themselves today (Motherwell v United/Hibs v St Mirren) and none were televised.

Games are being played on training grounds so the equipment isn't there to stream the matches.

There may be highlights but I've not seen any mentions yet by any club of that (except Celtic and Rangers).

10 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Did you say they are being played on training grounds? Thought they would have had to have been in stadiums. 

Don't know if they all are but thats where Hibs said there's was played. Just guessing but it's maybe easier for some clubs than having to sterilise the stadium etc.

53 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Don't know if they all are but thats where Hibs said there's was played. Just guessing but it's maybe easier for some clubs than having to sterilise the stadium etc.

I suspect it will be okay where they have secure training centres, like Hibs Celtic and rangers. Cant see saints playing on the back park opposite the crem can you??

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

A few Premiership clubs played friendlies amongst themselves today (Motherwell v United/Hibs v St Mirren) and none were televised.

Games are being played on training grounds so the equipment isn't there to stream the matches.

There may be highlights but I've not seen any mentions yet by any club of that (except Celtic and Rangers).

Our game is at home, CD will want it recorded for analysis. So why not show it on Saints TV?

13 hours ago, mainstand said:

No real reason I just don't think they would have held a behind closed doors game there. Maybe they will you never know. 

Might be wrong about this but isn't it the case that if it's a closed doors game, which isn't officially open for public viewing, they don't need to bother with using proper match officials, which cuts down on costs and also cuts out the risk of players picking up yellow and red cards? It might also be easier in the current circumstances to ask opponents to just turn up stripped and ready and go straight to the training pitch, so that they avoid going through the stadium.

Then again, I guess they might want to use one of these matches as a 'dress rehearsal' for how everything is going to work in the stadium with regards to Covid precautions.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Might be wrong about this but isn't it the case that if it's a closed doors game, which isn't officially open for public viewing, they don't need to bother with using proper match officials, which cuts down on costs and also cuts out the risk of players picking up yellow and red cards? It might also be easier in the current circumstances to ask opponents to just turn up stripped and ready and go straight to the training pitch, so that they avoid going through the stadium.

Then again, I guess they might want to use one of these matches as a 'dress rehearsal' for how everything is going to work in the stadium with regards to Covid precautions.

I think you are right about the rules aspect. If it is a bounce match they don't need to play 2 45 mins etc and can vary it. 

Notice motherwells match was at dalziel park yesterday which is a public park. 

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

They HAVE to do a dress rehearsal, with a small crowd, so one friendly at some point (or of course the first home league game) will play this role.

45 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

They HAVE to do a dress rehearsal, with a small crowd, so one friendly at some point (or of course the first home league game) will play this role.

But there is still no crowd allowed? why do they need a dress rehearsal with a small crowd?