Friendlies

Cagey

2 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Finished 0-0 according to Twitter, no line ups yet.

Only two faces in the 8 or so photos I dont recognise. Maybe youth players?

Screenshot_20200715-161912_Chrome.jpg.89c8db35d594d3007fb7418a8206d496.jpg

Screenshot_20200715-161934_Chrome.jpg.f01a58a7d792c74c1bae728da83d0fee.jpg

I think top photo is John Robertson. Bottom may be a trialist but don't think so we he looks familiar. May be Ballantine or Hamilton.

Clean sheet will do fine for a friendly.

16 hours ago, Cagey said:

Did we play St Mirren & were we not meant to play Aberdeen today ?.

There seems to be some skulduggery afoot with some friendlies.

Aberdeen had agreed to play at home to Dundee United last week, but United ended up cancelling so they could play Livingston at home instead. Hibs cancelled a friendly away to County yesterday, and I'm sure Kilmarnock pulled out of one two weeks ago against someone aswell.

Just be a case of waiting and seeing what actually happens I think.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

There seems to be some skulduggery afoot with some friendlies.

Aberdeen had agreed to play at home to Dundee United last week, but United ended up cancelling so they could play Livingston at home instead. Hibs cancelled a friendly away to County yesterday, and I'm sure Kilmarnock pulled out of one two weeks ago against someone aswell.

Just be a case of waiting and seeing what actually happens I think.

Hibs were at home to ross county yesterday but had to cancel as their Covid test results were not received in time. It appears that they are using a company who send them to a lab in England. They were taken on Thursday and were not back in time to allow the game to go ahead, 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

Hibs were at home to ross county yesterday but had to cancel as their Covid test results were not received in time. It appears that they are using a company who send them to a lab in England. They were taken on Thursday and were not back in time to allow the game to go ahead, 

Hope that doesn't happen when real football starts. Will points be handed to opponents ?.

14 hours ago, Cagey said:

Hope that doesn't happen when real football starts. Will points be handed to opponents ?.

I guess the good thing is that these friendlies are giving the clubs the chance to spot these issues and iron them out. I'd definitely expect there to be sanctions if it happens with a proper match.

2 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I guess the good thing is that these friendlies are giving the clubs the chance to spot these issues and iron them out. I'd definitely expect there to be sanctions if it happens with a proper match.

They are now saying that they completed the test on the Friday and expected results on Saturday morning. So they will now carry them out on Thursday instead. Should not be an issue with Saints as we appear to be doing our own tests instead of sending them off to be done. Don't know why clubs didn't club together to get machines instead of using private companies, Hearts Livi and Hibs for instance. 

5 hours ago, mainstand said:

They are now saying that they completed the test on the Friday and expected results on Saturday morning. So they will now carry them out on Thursday instead. Should not be an issue with Saints as we appear to be doing our own tests instead of sending them off to be done. Don't know why clubs didn't club together to get machines instead of using private companies, Hearts Livi and Hibs for instance. 

Indeed - that’s what the Anderson money was supposed to be for.