Friendlies

Cagey

2 hours ago, bankfoot saint said:

http://bit.ly/3hzBLFh

link to Aberdeen’s roundup of today’s friendly 

Wowser did they get someone from the BBC to write that?

"After a good of substitutions from both sides, a foul on the forward by Ash Taylor in the 74th minute saw the ref point to the spot, the penalty being expertly by Tanser."

Looks like we played

Parish

Rooney Gordon McCart McNamara Tanser

Craig   Wotherspoon Trialist (Conway)?

May                   Hendry

Then ended with:

Parish

Rooney Duffy McCart Kerr  Tanser

Craig   McCann  Ballantyne

Olaofe                 Robertson

56 minutes ago, Linky said:

I hope someone hasn't put in a bid for him. It does seem strange not even to bring him on as a substitute. However, O'Halloran, Kane & Booth weren't included either. Are some players not up to full fitness yet?

Might be something to do with social distancing. I am sure it was Callum that said teams may have to take 2 buses & minibus to away games. So may not have been possible to take full squad.

3 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Might be something to do with social distancing. I am sure it was Callum that said teams may have to take 2 buses & minibus to away games. So may not have been possible to take full squad.

Just do what crystal palace did 20 mercedes people carriers :eek:

4 hours ago, Linky said:

I hope someone hasn't put in a bid for him. It does seem strange not even to bring him on as a substitute. However, O'Halloran, Kane & Booth weren't included either. Are some players not up to full fitness yet?

Players haven't even trained for 4 months and are then chucked into high intensity training and matches within weeks.

I'd wager some players are just being rested if they have the slightest niggle.

16 hours ago, Linky said:

O'Halloran played in the Hibs match, but not sure about the others. As Random says, they're probably just being extra careful about any niggles. They're probably also rotating things around and giving everyone some game time, which might possibly mean that not every single player will get on the pitch in all three matches.

I think the absence of Clark is a bit more of a strange one though.

I'm interested in what formation we're going to be playing. It seems, looking at the team sheet, we played 5-3-2 throughout the game. However, was this 3 centre midfielders, in which case Wotherspoon and Conway were playing in the middle. Or were Wotherspoon and Conway out wide with Craig in the middle on his own? If so, that's quite an attacking set-up.

Neither of which are the 5-2-3 which the manager spoke of, which I'm guessing is really 5-4-1, with the wingers turning into wide strikers when needed.

On 7/24/2020 at 11:52 AM, Linky said:

I'm interested in what formation we're going to be playing. It seems, looking at the team sheet, we played 5-3-2 throughout the game. However, was this 3 centre midfielders, in which case Wotherspoon and Conway were playing in the middle. Or were Wotherspoon and Conway out wide with Craig in the middle on his own? If so, that's quite an attacking set-up.

Neither of which are the 5-2-3 which the manager spoke of, which I'm guessing is really 5-4-1, with the wingers turning into wide strikers when needed.

I'd thought perhaps it was Tanser and Conway who were playing as wide midfielders at Pittodrie. Very hard to tell what the formation was from that line-up though. Rooney and McNamara are both right-backs so at least one of them must have played out of position.

5 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I'd thought perhaps it was Tanser and Conway who were playing as wide midfielders at Pittodrie. Very hard to tell what the formation was from that line-up though. Rooney and McNamara are both right-backs so at least one of them must have played out of position.

Perhaps. Not sure who would've started at left-back if not Tanser though.

• 1 month later...