Friendlies

Cagey

5 hours ago, mainstand said:

I saw last night that the Celtic and Rangers test events on the 12 have been cancelled due to the situation in Glasgow

Yeh, I suppose that might mean our game gets in, although might be too short notice. We’re away, of course, and I don’t think anyone is suggesting away fans get in yet - some clubs will struggle to get all their own ST holders in. Still, a small Scottish crowd, where every sweary word and piece of sectarian bile will be audible would be - interesting........

Edited by Abernethy Saint

• 1 month later...

With Saints & Hamilton have a free Saturday ,Hamilton wanted Saints to play a friendly but Saints refused. It may be the request came too late after Saints had made their plans to give the players time off & play an internal bounce game.

Should Saints have played them. I did think we may have arranged a game but with all this covid testing & protocols its probably better not too.

46 minutes ago, Cagey said:

With Saints & Hamilton have a free Saturday ,Hamilton wanted Saints to play a friendly but Saints refused. It may be the request came too late after Saints had made their plans to give the players time off & play an internal bounce game.

Should Saints have played them. I did think we may have arranged a game but with all this covid testing & protocols its probably better not too.

Not if the players had been given the day off and our schedule was set around that.