Utd v Saints

THE LARK SAINT

Not at the races 1st half , tho' A rabs had to get  pen to open their Premier account.

Bit harsh, but it's the new rules. 

Sending off seemed to galvanise the Saintees, as the oppo pressing game ran out off steam.

Better team in the second half and credit to defenders who performed miracles, with last ditch clearances.

BTW . the ex Don's and Saints player, Pawlett is still awdb. 

That was a pretty decent performance and with a little luck we could have won it.

Unlucky at the penalty and MOH was just plain stupid on half time. But what a response! 

Spoony was outstanding today and Liam Craig just shaded my MOTM ahead of him.

The defense looked solid as a rock and great character to come back after half time.

Just a word on the coverage today. Pictures were brilliant and clear - no commentary 1st half as I chose the away team coverage but the Utd commentators came on midway through the second half anyway. I was gripped the whole game so I'll definitely  be happy if this is a short term fix. Lots to be happy about.

Considering everything that happened, have to be happy with a point.

Hard to truly judge the new set up when its so early in the season, you give away an early penalty, and O'Halloran has an absolute shocker then gets sent off early.

Worrying that Davidson couldn't recognise the set up wasn't working, or that O'Halloran was clearly getting sent off. Might be more worrying if he did notice but just didn't change it though.

Neither lone striker had much to work with, but again, O'Halloran a major factor in that.

See how much Davidson has learned in the next game.

Just now, SaintJet said:

Just a word on the coverage today. Pictures were brilliant and clear - no commentary 1st half as I chose the away team coverage but the Utd commentators came on midway through the second half anyway. I was gripped the whole game so I'll definitely  be happy if this is a short term fix. Lots to be happy about.

Its on Alba today, so its possible theyve just used the BBC cameras today.

Not sure tbh.

1 hour ago, california_saintee said:

****. Saw that coming with Mickey. Uphill struggle now.

Maybe the manager should as well because he had warning after the booking. Maybe Mikey trying too hard after Callum gave him the big build up.

3 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

A decent point. Would be interested to hear the views of those who saw the 90plus minutes, as BBC regarded Mikey's red as inevitable and poor management regarding not subbing him prior.

Three points next Saturday.

COYS

He should've been off for his first yellow, then started leaving the foot in. No surprise it eventually saw him sent off.

See the manager is saying there were discussions about taking him off, but he was sent off before they could act. Suspect he wouldn't have come out for the second half anyway.

Probably would have taken a point before the game as United under a new manager are an unknown quantity.

If Mikey was used as a lone striker then big mistake. 

Looks like we got the measure of them in the second half ,even with 10 men so that's some relief.

Maybe the manager kept the injuries to themselves not to give opposition an idea how we would play . Hopefully they can let the fans know why Clark, Muzz & Kane were missing.

2 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Probably would have taken a point before the game as United under a new manager are an unknown quantity.

If Mikey was used as a lone striker then big mistake. 

Looks like we got the measure of them in the second half ,even with 10 men so that's some relief.

Maybe the manager kept the injuries to themselves not to give opposition an idea how we would play . Hopefully they can let the fans know why Clark, Muzz & Kane were missing.

O'Halloran was wide right in a front three.

2 minutes ago, Papa Jack said:

Seeing a few comments on here about the DUFC stream. I thought it was excellent ...no buffering and the Utd commentary in the second half was perfectly fine. Clearly in favour of home decisions but that's ok...not overly bias. Definitely worth £12.50.

I thought that it was a bit flat with no commentary first half, but we weren’t playing well either.

Commentary and improved performance made for a much better second half.

Jon Daly corrected what Mellon said - we didn’t sit in our own box until last ten minutes. Risky keeping going forward but it worked. Once we scored Tommy would’ve had us dropping back.

Our old habit of playing for one half strikes again. MOH not the brightest lad launching into tackles like he did.

I hear big Joe was outstanding for St Mirren. With our back three now he’d do well to get in the team.

3 minutes ago, andrew said:

I thought that it was a bit flat with no commentary first half, but we weren’t playing well either.

Jon Daly corrected what Mellon said - we didn’t sit in our own box until last ten minutes. Risky keeping going forward but it worked. Once we scored Tommy would’ve had us dropping back.

Our old habit of playing for one half strikes again. MOH not the brightest lad launching into tackles like he did.

I hear big Joe was outstanding for St Mirren. With our back three now he’d do well to get in the team.

Sean Dillon..

3 minutes ago, andrew said:

MOH think we have known that for a few seasons.

At least the old habit got us a point which is one more than last season at this time with 7 goals better goal difference.  So positive for me.

As regards Tommy not drawing comparisons - the man done a job for us and wish him well wherever he ends up unless its against us then lets stuff his team.

Maybe big Joe's deal his dad got him  is based on win bonus hence why he performed well.