PPV COSTS

bankfoot saint

I'm just really pleased that PPV is going to be possible, as it means we can watch away games and also provides an option for non season ticket holders. I think this is great news. Very much looking forward to being able to watch the United game on Saturday now.

I don't really object to £17.50 either. It's cheaper than a match ticket (which is what Saints are having to replace), and in a lot of cases the stream will be split between more than one person in a household.

I haven't been following this at all. I usually subscribe to Saints TV (live in the UK). Do I either have to buy a season ticket, which is a bit crazy considering I can only make it to 2 or 3 games a year, or pay per view?

Do neither include away games?

7 minutes ago, Linky said:

I haven't been following this at all. I usually subscribe to Saints TV (live in the UK). Do I either have to buy a season ticket, which is a bit crazy considering I can only make it to 2 or 3 games a year, or pay per view?

Do neither include away games?

The new announcement is that you don't need a season ticket, and can pay-per-game, although how long that situation will continue for seems to remain a grey area. For away games, it looks like all you have to do is pay the away team to watch their stream. So for Saturday you'll be able to watch the United game by buying stream access from United.

5 minutes ago, california_saintee said:

Looks like the PPV options are limited to folk in the UK.

Does anyone know if the other clubs are providing reciprocal streams for international Saints TV subscribers, like in previous seasons?

Are the club not still offering the same international Saints TV package that they have in previous seasons?

38 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

Saints and Livi ripping the arse out of it i would say.

I am used to paying between £8-12 per game for Ice Hockey live games and before people say its not comparable the 3 Scottish teams all get more people to games than Saints and Livi so buy rates would be about the same

I suppose the teams need to look at the  loss they are making on not letting crowds into games, season ticket holders have paid their share already and the £17.50 in our case may be the estimate of subscriber they can expect against what they need to make!  

42 minutes ago, TheMarkChristie said:

Saints and Livi ripping the arse out of it i would say.

I am used to paying between £8-12 per game for Ice Hockey live games and before people say its not comparable the 3 Scottish teams all get more people to games than Saints and Livi so buy rates would be about the same

The alternative is to shaft those who bought season tickets. 

Based on an Adult in the East Stand, and 19 home games, price per game is £17.10 for a season ticket holders, and £17.50 for PPV viewers.

2 minutes ago, Center Half said:

I suppose the teams need to look at the  loss they are making on not letting crowds into games, season ticket holders have paid their share already and the £17.50 in our case may be the estimate of subscriber they can expect against what they need to make!  

Totally forgot that the season tickets came with the matches. Puts us in a tough position to be fair. 

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

2 of us in the house that would be attending matches so normally £40 or so admission to games including LIvi, so watching the match for £20 is still not a bad deal plus it gives us our football fix. 

I'm that desperate to see a game I have no issues with paying this especialy since it's the season opener.

Is this done through Saints TV or an independant. 

Also, is there any likelyhood that some of the pubs or clubs in Perth might try and show this even if it is against broacasting rules?

3 hours ago, mainstand said:

2 of us in the house that would be attending matches so normally £40 or so admission to games including LIvi, so watching the match for £20 is still not a bad deal plus it gives us our football fix. 

Seems a good deal especially if it is a family. Not a patch on the match experience but cost wise you have no travel costs, car parking or fuel. You can make a decent cup of coffee and if you are so inclined buy a pie or even sit with a can of beer. If the match is going badly no one is going to arrest you when you throw the empty can at the laptop.

26 minutes ago, Scott1884 said:

Was PPV of Saints home games not part of  buying a season ticketts as fans weren't going to be allowed to attend home games until  October at the earliest.

Yeah, season ticket holders get access.  However no months have been suggested, could be screening and PPV for entire season, or we could get back in sooner.  No one knows when we'll get back in to McD.   

I can't find how to pay for the game yet on DUTV. It says it will be available from today, but there seems to be no info. Any ideas?

I'm guessing I should cancel my SaintsTV subscription as there won't actually be anything on there until fans are allowed back in again and all returns to normal?

Edited by Linky

1 minute ago, Linky said:

I can't find how to pay for the game yet on DUTV. It says it will be available from today, but there seems to be no info. Any ideas?

They've just not posted the info up yet. As we speak they're probably desperately scrabbling around trying to get it working. Have patience. :)