PPV COSTS

bankfoot saint

42 minutes ago, akuram said:

Why no information on the United official site on how to buy the ticket for the match yet?

Pretty poor as they said available from Thursday.

They've now changed it to "details will be announced before the game".

Guess they'll see how their "test event" goes tonight and then give out details. Hopefully find out tomorrow.

On 7/27/2020 at 9:59 AM, blueheaven said:

The new announcement is that you don't need a season ticket, and can pay-per-game, although how long that situation will continue for seems to remain a grey area. For away games, it looks like all you have to do is pay the away team to watch their stream. So for Saturday you'll be able to watch the United game by buying stream access from United.

Are the club not still offering the same international Saints TV package that they have in previous seasons?

I've been paying my monthly sub, and they're still taking my money. But there's no information about away games. Last year, we got all the away games that Stream Digital were handling, so I'm hopeful, but I'm not holding my breath.

5 hours ago, california_saintee said:

I've been paying my monthly sub, and they're still taking my money. But there's no information about away games. Last year, we got all the away games that Stream Digital were handling, so I'm hopeful, but I'm not holding my breath.

Its on the FAQs part of the site.

Screenshot_20200731-064902_Chrome.jpg.256b24fddea48185638fb36d94696e53.jpg

International fans can't do PPV, but can watch matches through a subscription. Nothing has changed for you.

Edited by RandomGuy

1 hour ago, RandomGuy said:

International fans can't do PPV, but can watch matches through a subscription. Nothing has changed for you.

Just had a look at the Saints TV site and, unless it's hidden somewhere and I've missed it, the international package isn't listed as an option any more. Perhaps that's a temporary thing to stop people in the UK from signing up to it and using a VPN, which I imagine there might have been a surge in under current circumstances.

You can, however, still get to it by clicking on the option to give it to someone else as a gift.

15 hours ago, akuram said:

Why no information on the United official site on how to buy the ticket for the match yet?

Pretty poor as they said available from Thursday.

Still nothing on the Terrors site about signing up for this match; I've got to belive this is going to be last minute to stop pubs getting this and promoting this under the radar.

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Still nothing on the Terrors site about signing up for this match; I've got to belive this is going to be last minute to stop pubs getting this and promoting this under the radar.

Are people even allowed to gather in pubs in big numbers at the moment? With Covid restrictions I wouldn't have thought it's very practical for pubs to try to show football matches?

Either way I think you're giving United too much credit - I think it's more likely that it's not up yet because they're frantically trying to iron out technical issues.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

Are people even allowed to gather in pubs in big numbers at the moment? With Covid restrictions I wouldn't have thought it's very practical for pubs to try to show football matches?

Either way I think you're giving United too much credit - I think it's more likely that it's not up yet because they're frantically trying to iron out technical issues.

You maybe right BH but if they don't have the technicalities sorted out by now they are going to have real issues.

Social distancing would have to be observed but if any publican was minded to ignore broadcasting regulations I don't see large numbers of punters in their boozers being a deterent.

6 minutes ago, SaintJet said:

You maybe right BH but if they don't have the technicalities sorted out by now they are going to have real issues.

Social distancing would have to be observed but if any publican was minded to ignore broadcasting regulations I don't see large numbers of punters in their boozers being a deterent.

Do you mean the regulation that prevents matches from being broadcast at 3pm on a Saturday? That's been lifted, so they wouldn't be breaking that. The only restriction might be that when signing up for the stream there's presumably going to be some small print stating that it's for private viewing only.

I can't really see many pubs being willing to ignore social distancing guidelines to get football fans in. The repercussions for them surely aren't worth the risk.

2 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Do you mean the regulation that prevents matches from being broadcast at 3pm on a Saturday? That's been lifted, so they wouldn't be breaking that. The only restriction might be that when signing up for the stream there's presumably going to be some small print stating that it's for private viewing only.

I can't really see many pubs being willing to ignore social distancing guidelines to get football fans in. The repercussions for them surely aren't worth the risk.

I know of 4 private clubs in the Dundee area that are planning to show it on an outside screen.

58 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

The only restriction might be that when signing up for the stream there's presumably going to be some small print stating that it's for private viewing only.

I'm sure it states you can use it for public viewing but only if you've agreed it with them beforehand.

8 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Its on the FAQs part of the site.

Screenshot_20200731-064902_Chrome.jpg.256b24fddea48185638fb36d94696e53.jpg

They never promised away games last year, though. We got most of them, but not all, but the club did at least advertise it a few days in advance.

For what it's worth, Stream Digital finally got back to me and said we'd be getting all home and away games, starting on Saturday. So fingers crossed. COYS.

4 minutes ago, california_saintee said:

They never promised away games last year, though. We got most of them, but not all, but the club did at least advertise it a few days in advance.

For what it's worth, Stream Digital finally got back to me and said we'd be getting all home and away games, starting on Saturday. So fingers crossed. COYS.

Yeah I think clubs were all using different providers last season so there were conflicts.

42 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

The link is up on the United site now, for anyone who hasn't noticed. Process seems straight forward enough. Fingers crossed it works on the day!

5 minutes ago, glenrothes saintee said:

Just bought the ppv for tomorrow.

Have you to register an account as the first step?

I'm trying to register, but all it says is 'the dob is not a valid date'. It doesn't tell you in what format it wants the date: 31/7/20, 31/07/2020, etc.?

So, if you kept up your Saints TV package as a UK user, would you get highlights of each game, or nothing at all?

Bought my ticket so happy.

DUTV site is a bit confusing as there is no box to just click. It seems you need to click a box which says “ PPV Microsite “ then you get a screen on which you can register and buy the ticket.

Why do they make it so difficult?

This is the link to buy the PPV tickets.

https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/6538/WATCH-THE-CHAMPIONSHIP-FLAG-UNFURLED-THIS-SATURDAY.html?utm_campaign=coschedule&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=dundeeunitedfc

Then down to this bit, which guides you through.

Screenshot_20200731-185925_Chrome.thumb.jpg.af313e585e027e15cb8e7620dc8c0075.jpg

As said above, you just click the word "microsite".

Edited by RandomGuy