St Johnstone v Aberdeen 08/08/20

tucker

Yeah more info on the BBC saying it will be fine:Ā https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53668239

"New lockdown restrictions imposed on the city of Aberdeen will not impact Aberdeen's Scottish Premiership visit to St Johnstone on Saturday.

Footballers and club staff are tested regularly and can still travel.

The SPFL has been told the fixture in Perth will go ahead as planned.

Aberdeen are scheduled to host Hamilton at Pittodrie next Wednesday and, as things stand, that game is also unaffected.

On Tuesday, it was announced that there were no positive results from the latest round of coronavirus testing among Scottish clubs."

Aberdeen pretty much exclusively play 4-2-3-1 so I cant imagine McInnes deviating.

Think we'd be wise to put three CMs on the park for this one, as we cant give Aberdeen the freedom we gave United.

3-5-2 would do, don't think any of the injured players will be able to start by the sounds of it.

Parish

Kerr - Gordon - McCart

McNamara - McCann - Craig - Spoony - Booth

Hendry - May

Ā 

Edited by RandomGuy

And it gets worse. Allegedly, and I stress that, 8 of the team were in an Aberdeen pub together Ā on Saturday night. So much for the bubble.

Don't want to get carried away, but this will invite speculation about how the match is dealt with, widerĀ punishment for Aberdeen, and possible repercussions for the restart of football in general in Scotland. Or it might be nothing, and forgotten by Sunday. Enjoy.

Give us the three points.

If one player tests positive, fine. If they were all out together at a pub on Saturday night, there needs to be punishment for that and giving the other team the points is the only way to keep clubs in order. Otherwise we could be in a position where some clubs will have played 4 or 5 games fewer than others halfway through the season if it keeps happening.

26 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Ā 

"All contacts of the player will now be asked to self isolate".

If that email is genuine then the game will be off.

@RandomGuyĀ i would suggest thatĀ  you delete that. I think whoever posted that on the BBC site will be in trouble. It not only is an internal Scottish Government email but includes names of staff from within the Office.Ā 

Edited by mainstand

57 minutes ago, Linky said:

Give us the three points.

If one player tests positive, fine. If they were all out together at a pub on Saturday night, there needs to be punishment for that and giving the other team the points is the only way to keep clubs in order. Otherwise we could be in a position where some clubs will have played 4 or 5 games fewer than others halfway through the season if it keeps happening.

If it does turn out that the match has to be postponed as a direct result of their staff breaking protocols, then there definitely should be some sort of sanctions imposed on them. LASK were deducted 6 points in the Austrian league for breaking rules regarding training during lockdown. I've also seen some suggest that the players involved should be given a ban of some sort. Giving the 3 points to Saints definitely seems like the best course of action to me though.Ā :)

27 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

If it does turn out that the match has to be postponed as a direct result of their staff breaking protocols, then there definitely should be some sort of sanctions imposed on them. LASK were deducted 6 points in the Austrian league for breaking rules regarding training during lockdown. I've also seen some suggest that the players involved should be given a ban of some sort. Giving the 3 points to Saints definitely seems like the best course of action to me though.Ā :)

Yes, I say this genuinely, not just as a Saints supporter. If a number of players have a positive test due to breaking the rules, and the game has to be postponed, this is the only course of action that will stop it.