St Johnstone v Aberdeen 08/08/20

tucker

5 minutes ago, tucker said:

Two players have tested positive, unfortunately this is going to happen from time to time,players and staffs health must come first rearrange for a month or so time

Ā 

It shouldn't happen if strict rules are followed. That was the only reason SG allowed season to start. I don't think they will pause the season but more like this & they will.

16 minutes ago, tucker said:

Two players have tested positive, unfortunately this is going to happen from time to time,players and staffs health must come first rearrange for a month or so time

Ā 

Not much space in fixture calendar so don't know when it can be played.

Are they not in Europe as well ?. Can't see Uefa mucking about ,they will just throw them out.

7 minutes ago, Broggy Man said:

In the Solo bar at the top of bon accord street no very bright there pictures were on Facebook on SundayĀ 

Yeah, there were people yesterday claiming there was a group of them at the Soul bar on Saturday, before news of the first positive test broke.

5 minutes ago, cristo said:

If Aberdeen make the decision not to play then they have to forfeit the game and Saints get awarded a walk over. I've a feeling that the odd occasion this happens a 3-0 win is awarded.

Aberdeen won't make that decision. Its likely the league will enforce the game be postponed.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

There are midweek games on Wednesday so that would have to be cancelled as well.

This is going to be messy.

The only way SPFL can sort this is for the club causing the cancellation is deemed to lose the game 1-0.

Fair enough but there could be an awful lot of 1-0 default results.

My mate works at SFA and thinks they willĀ fulfil the fixture this weekend, but causes major problems if they can't next week....depends if it's players or staff, or both. And if the positive people have been immediately quarantined, who they've had contact with etc.

Ā 

Edited by belfastsaintee

2 minutes ago, templeofsaints said:

Game onĀ 

Ā 

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/coronavirus-joint-response-group-update-6-august/?rid=14258

Ā 

Aberdeen missing the 2 positive players + 6 found to be in close proximityĀ  - all 8 in isolation for 10 days plus.Ā 

Some big names apparently rumoured to be included in that, Scott McKenna and Matty Kennedy are two who have been rumoured on Twitter..

Edited by RandomGuy

9 minutes ago, california_saintee said:

According to the bastion of facts that is Twitter,Ā  the 8 players out drinking in the Soul bar were celebrating GraemeĀ Shinnie's birthday. So he's one of them.

Nope, Shinnie isn't an Aberdeen player, and the SFA have forced 8 Aberdeen players into isolation.

Four are definitely McKenna, Bryson, McGeouch and Cosgrove, theres photos that prove they were out with a 5th, unidentified, player.

Cosgrove was injured anyway but the other 3 will all miss out.

8 minutes ago, mainstand said:

If these are 9 of the regular first team players I think if I was McInnes I would be raging that it is going ahead.

I can see this game still.going off.

The SPFL have said the game will go ahead.

Aberdeen fans saying McKenna, Devlin, Ojo, Bryson, McGeouch, Ferguson, Kennedy and Anderson are the 8 who'll be missing. Plus Considine who was suspended.