St Johnstone v Aberdeen 08/08/20

tucker

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

Because **** St Johnstone, presumably.

For some reason we cant play an under strength Aberdeen side, but Hamilton and Celtic can.

Not expecting to find out why.

As  I said earlier they would want Celtic game played. They couldn't make it look like that so they included the Hamilton game. What is different on Wednesday that is different from Saturday.

Hope Abernethy has a word with his beloved Nicola * she puts an end to this F picking farce.

If Aberdeen games against Hamilton  & celtic go ahead then saints are the only ones being punished  here. I hope as a club we complain to the spfl but no doubt nothing will get done as they are just useless.  I totally understand why game is off tmrw but surely the other 2 have to be also. 

(Nicola)/Janey  Godley has got it spot on in saying football got the go ahead and football ****ed it up (through Aberdeen’s incompetence and disregard of agreements put in place). I don’t really think Saints should get awarded the game but do think Aberdeen should have a points penalty at least equivillant to what they could have gained,

3 hours ago, Mr T said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if others in the Aberdeen set up will become positive in the coming days. 

Also you can now say ta ta to being inside a stadium this year.

My own feeling is that, if fans don’t get back in, it will be more because of the general state of the virus, rather than anything specifically football related. For example, would you open stadia right now? Probably not. Will things be better in a month?

Absolute shambles. All 3 of Aberdeens games should be off. Scrap those fixtures, forfeit the matches and points to other teams. Avoids backlog in fixtures. Seems a fitting punishment for breaking the rules. If it hadnt been established that rules were broken then absolutely no punishment in my view. Im not saying this as a Saints supporter and wanting the points without playing the game, this just seems the best way to keep the season moving on schedule.

Lets hope that our club has set some very strict rules regarding what our players are doing outside of football. It will be flippin awful to be the next club where rules are broken which will lead to the season being stopped and ultimately clubs going bust.

Am I the only one wondering why the players involved haven't been handed a lengthy ban?

Don't want to paint this with too much hyperbole but these player will have put people's health at risk for several days, not just Aberdeen FC staff but you can bet they don't keep 2m in the shops or sanitise regularly.

Had 8 players been caught betting they'd be in trouble, Considine put a player at risk, got a red card and has a ban.

But putting a whole community at risk, with an additional risk to spreading it beyond a community and a real chance of football being stopped again...with all that this would bring....surely that's at least equal in severity to putting a few bets on.

No way the game should be on tomorrow and while it inconveniences and probably disadvantages Saints that's just the way it is but these players can't just be getting off with a fine.

A message should be sent out to players and wider society that f**king about with this virus isn't an option. We all want a bit of normality but that is off the cards and lockdown isn't the easy fix when cases spike it causes people harm.

I'm probably overreacting due to being close to several impacts this virus has had but f**k sake, first weekend and it goes to sh*t!

Pure guess on my part, but they may not punish the players at the precise moment because 2 of them have a potentially fatal disease. 

My wee village website even had an angry thread about a bunch of sheep-shaggers coming down here and infecting the good citizens of Perthshire. I don’t think St Nic will get much push back on this.

When it happens to Rangers, of course, it will turn out to be an SNP/IRA/Catholic conspiracy.

2 hours ago, Rob said:

Absolute shambles. All 3 of Aberdeens games should be off. Scrap those fixtures, forfeit the matches and points to other teams. Avoids backlog in fixtures. Seems a fitting punishment for breaking the rules. If it hadnt been established that rules were broken then absolutely no punishment in my view. Im not saying this as a Saints supporter and wanting the points without playing the game, this just seems the best way to keep the season moving on schedule.

Lets hope that our club has set some very strict rules regarding what our players are doing outside of football. It will be flippin awful to be the next club where rules are broken which will lead to the season being stopped and ultimately clubs going bust.

St Johnstone players have been out and about in pubs  in the City !   

Integrity and public health are out of the window if Hamilton game goes ahead. 

St Johnstone have to be awarded three points here. Utterly ridiculous on every level that St Johnstone are penalised for the atrocious actions of others. We need a strong club statement here. Our club is being treated with complete contempt. 

Aberdeen can join Hearts and Sevco on the naughty step.

4 hours ago, Lewis71 said:

If Aberdeen games against Hamilton  & celtic go ahead then saints are the only ones being punished  here. I hope as a club we complain to the spfl but no doubt nothing will get done as they are just useless.  I totally understand why game is off tmrw but surely the other 2 have to be also. 

Our club will stay quiet as usual & let themselves be kicked around as usual.

I agreed with Saints game being postponed but to allow them to play Hamilton & Celtic is just a kick in the teeth.

Beginning to see what Hearts meant about SPFL & Doncaster.

54 minutes ago, Havana Saint said:

Integrity and public health are out of the window if Hamilton game goes ahead. 

St Johnstone have to be awarded three points here. Utterly ridiculous on every level that St Johnstone are penalised for the atrocious actions of others. We need a strong club statement here. Our club is being treated with complete contempt. 

Aberdeen can join Hearts and Sevco on the naughty step.

I would rather the Club were dignified and deal with the issue in private. We are not Sevco who constantly make a fool of themselves with so called strong statements. The strong club statement comment was also put on twitter by someone who then write a draft statement that he thought Saints should be issuing.  

15 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I would rather the Club were dignified and deal with the issue in private. We are not Sevco who constantly make a fool of themselves with so called strong statements. The strong club statement comment was also put on twitter by someone who then write a draft statement that he thought Saints should be issuing.  

Being dignified results in you being trampled on.

21 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Probably just not up to date.

Seems its been changed again.

If Aberdeen play Hamilton on Wednesday, then St Johnstone cannot just accept that in silence.

Hamilton and Celtic will be handed a huge advantage by being allowed to play a weakened Aberdeen side, while we were denied it. There is no logical reason to allow a game 4 days after you postponed one, when the virus can last for 2 weeks and isn't always detected via testing.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Being dignified results in you being trampled on.

I agree! Say Saints were Covid ridden and due to play the old firm! Their game against Sevco postponed! Next game Celtic, saints field a depleted side, Celtic win! Rearranged Sevco game Saints field full strength squad! Do you think Sevco would accept that! Would they heck so why should Saints! We only want to be treated fairly.. alas if you act like a doormat you get treated like a doormat.. it’s up to Saints to fight their own corner!! 

9 hours ago, mainstand said:

I would rather the Club were dignified and deal with the issue in private. 

If Hamilton are allowed the play Aberdeen on Wednesday, then they have to say something.

We were due to play an Aberdeen side missing Considine through suspension, Main through injury, and then 8 players through isolation.

Hamilton will be allowed to play them like that. Celtic will be allowed to play them like that.

Why aren't we?

Why have to wait until the 8 players leave isolation, Considines suspension has expired, and Main returns from injury?

The Scottish Government have used this to make a point to Scottish football, yet its us who have ended up punished by it and not Aberdeen.