Killie v Saints

THE LARK SAINT

First game on home soil after draw with Utd and defeat at Ibrox

Will be good to see how we do at home all be it on Screens, still feels weird to be talking about games and unable to attend 

Don't think we will see to many changes from Wednesdays starting 11

Hopefully couple of injuried players will have recovered. 

6 minutes ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Will be good to see how we do at home all be it on Screens, still feels weird to be talking about games and unable to attend 

Ummm...this game is being played in Kilmarnock, so it definitely isn't!!

I'd probably make a few changes from Wednesday night's team. I'd like to see Rooney and Tanser given a chance in the wing-back positions, and I'd drop Conway back onto the bench. I'd go with:

__________________Parish

___________Gordon Kerr McCart

Rooney___________Craig______________Tanser

_________McCann________Wotherspoon

_____________Hendry____May*

*O'Halloran or Olaofe in for May if May's still unavailable.

48 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I'd probably make a few changes from Wednesday night's team. I'd like to see Rooney and Tanser given a chance in the wing-back positions, and I'd drop Conway back onto the bench. I'd go with:

__________________Parish

almost agree with this.  I thought Booth did well last night, so I'd keep him in.

4 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Larkies lost the plot;)

9 hours ago, THE LARK SAINT said:

Misleading headline i admit my error ,mods please change 

21 hours ago, blueheaven said:

__________________Parish

Would not play O'Halloran up front a waste space. He has had so many chances and produces nothing. If we continue with present formation there is no position for him. 

11 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

Would not play O'Halloran up front a waste space. He has had so many chances and produces nothing. If we continue with present formation there is no position for him. 

I wouldn't play him as an out and out striker but I think if played as one of the front two he could be given license to move out to either wing while Hendry stays more central.

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I wouldn't play him as an out and out striker but I think if played as one of the front two he could be given license to move out to either wing while Hendry stays more central.

It doesn’t work, I hate to say it, but Michael O’Halloran can simply not be trusted as part of a tactical formation. He doesn’t have the intelligence and can literally only be of use facing the oppositions goal and running very fast in a straight line. How many coaches have now tried to teach him positional awareness and how to find space to no avail! 

There is a video on you tube showing what he does best (his goals and assists) and all come from him playing wide and running at the defence. That is now the job of the wingbacks and he cannot play that position. Hard to see where he now plays.

Edited by Johnny B

On 8/13/2020 at 1:04 PM, blueheaven said:

__________________Parish

I'd go with this too. I think the Trio of Craig, Wotherspoon and Davidson will almost be rotated as the season goes on and injuries come into play.

On MOH, I agree with those that say he isn't an out and out striker. For me, stick on the wing if we are playing 4 in midfield or if a 5, play him central in an offensive position.

I wonder though if maybe CD might be tempted to play him up front in a two, but sitting just off the main striker. May and Hendry for me, would be our best pairing, but either as a long striker with MOH just in behind them picking up knock downs or drifting across the back line could be effective.

As an aside, is Kane injured or just nowhere near the team? 

2 hours ago, Widge said:

It doesn’t work, I hate to say it, but Michael O’Halloran can simply not be trusted as part of a tactical formation. He doesn’t have the intelligence and can literally only be of use facing the oppositions goal and running very fast in a straight line. How many coaches have now tried to teach him positional awareness and how to find space to no avail! 

Agree,head down & run until he runs out of park. Wing & nowhere else.

Unfortunately I don't know if Mikey has a brain nevermind a football brain. 

10 hours ago, Johnny B said:

I'm coming to the opinion that O'Halloran is the most overrated player we have. Everyone expects him to do something, but it never quite happens.

Is the PPV available to buy for this game.