Killie v Saints

THE LARK SAINT

5 minutes ago, california_saintee said:

Can't decide if it was the red card or hooking Rooney that made the difference, but we bossed the last 30 minutes. COYS.

Liam played a blinder. I now understand why Callum's been starting a kids from the Millwall reserves at right back after seeing how shite Rooney is.

To be fair to Rooney, he’s a full back. Not a centre half. 

Mikey Sinner to Saints.

Sending off changed the game but credit Callum for changing it.

A bit of a worry that we were poor for 60 minutes & needed a sending off to get us back in the game.

A huge 3 points & hope it gives us the freedom to be a bit more adventurous against Aberdeen

Why are we picking up so many injury's. Only 7 on the bench & most under21.

32 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Sounds like the sending off changed the game. Not going to complain. Good result but maybe papered over some cracks 

Naaa. This league is all about opportunities and determination.

There are about 6/7 teams of very similar quality, it’s all about scraping points wherever the chances present themselves.

7 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Naaa. This league is all about opportunities and determination.

There are about 6/7 teams of very similar quality, it’s all about scraping points wherever the chances present themselve

Agree totally, only heard on radio too sounding like all goals were defensive horrors , if not to many beers and can stay awake ,alba it is at 11.

27 minutes ago, MrBored said:

I'm taking all the credit. Did the same as the opening day.

Watched the stream until the Killie goal, turned off in disgust at the defending. Got home to see they were down to 10 and it was 1-1. Went into the garden and we score late, late on....thank me later.

Gonnae go out for the whole night on Thursday??  

Please.

Tough start to season made harder by events. 3 games away from home,1 against team coming up & with new manager making them an unknown quantity.1 against Rangers who you don't expect to get anything against. 1 on a plastic pitch & against a team we struggle against.

Have to be happy with 4 points after 3 difficult games.

1 hour ago, MrBored said:

I'm taking all the credit. Did the same as the opening day.

Watched the stream until the Killie goal, turned off in disgust at the defending. Got home to see they were down to 10 and it was 1-1. Went into the garden and we score late, late on....thank me later.

You are the Anti Mascot.

The game was pretty poor. We looked really disjointed, & were just lumping balls forward. Hendry did his best & had a few chances, but didn’t have much to work with. The defence looked reasonably solid apart from the goal. We were slow, looked tired & the midfield just seemed empty as we hit balls up to the forwards.

The sending off did change things, but Wotherspoon coming on did so too. We started to actually put some passes together at that point.

I’m not sure the formation is working at the moment. We’re used to packing out the midfield, playing tight & bossing it in the centre of the park. That just isn’t happening at the moment, and we’re getting pulled out wide, which doesn’t allow the centre midfielders to get into the game. I feel like he’s trying to build the team around Hendry, but I think McCann should be the focus.