Killie v Saints

THE LARK SAINT

On 8/14/2020 at 2:33 PM, THE LARK SAINT said:

I've made a right arsenal  of this 

Game is in Kilmarnock 

Thought it was at home 

Shoot me now 

3 home games in a row Gav, Tescos sure to be busy on Thursday night! You are on a roll on winning match threads, how about a new one for Thursday. 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Efe_XwtWkAE86ze.thumb.jpeg.82af33184d1a761ae93a079495109995.jpeg

What cross are you on about? Their CB chucked it forward from his own half.

Rooney the deep player. McNamara the player at the bottom.

Top is Kerr, furthest right McCann, then Gordon next to the Killie player just below Kerr.

Ok it was a punt not a cross I stand corrected but you cannot deny that at the centre of our defence it is 2 Killie against Ronney caused because we have 3 central defenders and no full backs

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

The boy who scored was Ali McCanns man.

If we had 2 centre backs and 2 full backs the goal scorer would have been picked up by one of them and no need for McCann to mark him. But yes in the system we play McCann had to match his run. So the blame for the goal lies with McCann for not marking him.

29 minutes ago, Johnny B said:

If we had 2 centre backs and 2 full backs the goal scorer would have been picked up by one of them and no need for McCann to mark him. But yes in the system we play McCann had to match his run. So the blame for the goal lies with McCann for not marking him.

Midge would have sorted him ;)

3 chances for Killie resulted from either Rooney or Gordon telling Parish to come out and collect the ball and him not doing so. The first wasn’t scored because Gordon pulled the player’s shirt (should’ve been a penalty really), & the second because Rooney fouled the player (which resulted in the freekick that nearly went in). The third was the goal. He did quite well as a shot-stopper in the game, but was pretty static when it came to coming out & this may have cost us.

18 hours ago, Johnny B said:

You will need to explain that one. We played with 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs which make 5. But you believe that the men would have been picked up had we had a 4 at the back?  

It was simply a case of men not doing their job that caused the goal not the system not tactics.  Rooney should have dealt better with it and there should have been tracking back by the midfielder with the runners. 

26 minutes ago, mainstand said:

You will need to explain that one. We played with 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs which make 5. But you believe that the men would have been picked up had we had a 4 at the back?  

It was simply a case of men not doing their job that caused the goal not the system not tactics.  Rooney should have dealt better with it and there should have been tracking back by the midfielder with the runners. 

With 3 at the back we are stretched over the width of the park leaving gaps. With 4 we are more compact. As for the 2 wingbacks making a back 5 they are too high up the park. It looked like we were playing 3 5 2. Hence the sitting midfielder had to pick up the runner. 

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

With 3 at the back we are stretched over the width of the park leaving gaps. With 4 we are more compact. As for the 2 wingbacks making a back 5 they are too high up the park. It looked like we were playing 3 5 2. Hence the sitting midfielder had to pick up the runner. 

I think it is a case of 3-5-2 when we have the ball and 5-3-2 when they have the ball.

The 3 only is stretched across the park when players don't do their job.  

2 hours ago, mainstand said:

I think it is a case of 3-5-2 when we have the ball and 5-3-2 when they have the ball.

The 3 only is stretched across the park when players don't do their job.  

I agree that is what should happen but it did not leaving our back 3 exposed many times. Which asks the question do they know how to play this formation? Or is CD playing 3 5 2?

1 hour ago, Johnny B said:

I agree that is what should happen but it did not leaving our back 3 exposed many times. Which asks the question do they know how to play this formation? Or is CD playing 3 5 2?

Danny seems to be too high up the park at times.

Think Dray Wright would have done a better job of tracking back.