Saints v Aberdeen Rearranged game 20th Aug

THE LARK SAINT

That's a worry. Unable to make easy passes. Centre backs distribution pathetic. I don't think Gordon punted to Saints player all game.McCart couldn't keep the ball in the park.

Three forward ?.

Aberdeen came for a point & we gifted them 3.

Oh & Tanser is gash.

Edited by Cagey

That’s was worrying.

First half I thought we looked ok and dominated without creating anything of note- I thought as the game went on that we would start to create things. How wrong I was.

Aberdeen were dire and completely rusty, yet they leave with three gifted points.

Tanser once again done for a goal.

No creativity at all and our subs added nothing to the game. We are desperately needing additions.

A tad worried after that.

Not pretty to watch.

Lot made on TV about Dons having players unavailable. .

Not a word about Saints unavailable players.

Centre backs distribution was woeful.

Got forward then passing options went haywire.

Dons played the game in their own half at a pace that suited them.

MOH needs to be reminded that he's allowed to pass to a better placed team mate.

Tanser allowed a left footed player to walk inside.

Best forgotten.

29 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

See a lot blaming Tanser for goal but why was Liam Gordon turning his back on the shot which he deflected past Parish?

Lack of creating and taking chances .........MACCA GET YOUR BOOTS BACK ON.......cannae be any worse.

I think Gordon tried to clear the ball but mishit it.The goal a bit lucky from a poor attempt but that's what can happen if you try to shoot.

To be fair a draw would have been a fair result in a game where both teams didn't want to lose.

How can a team that was playing entertaining skillful football before the season was called turn into a team that can't make an easy pass & go back to the long ball game. Our Centre backs & goalie never found a man with their punts even when they managed to keep the ball in the park.

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

How can a team that was playing entertaining skillful football before the season was called turn into a team that can't make an easy pass & go back to the long ball game. Our Centre backs & goalie never found a man with their punts even when they managed to keep the ball in the park.

I think this myth we were a great side before needs to due.

We barely got a shot on target at home to Livingston in the final game before lockdown.

Watched the second half afterwards just to see how bad it was....wow.

Cant say I am sold on this new formation, the three up front (if you call it that) don't seem to combine at all. Hendry being the front man surely should spend a great amount of time in the box ready for crosses etc but he seemed to be out and around the box looking for the ball for most of the night.

The crossing was poor, rarely beat the first man, or was over hit. Reckon McNamara will get better with more game time, but his distribution was poor last night.

With the goal, I am afraid Tanser can't defend. With Booth injured (I assume) then he was the obvious replacement and generally is better going forward, but defending is not is strong point. Disappointed with Gordon as well, not sure why he turned his back on the shot wasn't exactly a blast of a shot.

Callum wasn't too down on the players in the media...hopefully he was in the dressing room as they need a vast improvement on Sunday.

The return of the likes of Davidson and May will help in the coming weeks (even Kane will!). What exactly is the problem with May anyway, don't seem to have seen anything saying what the injury is.